PDA

View Full Version : Could school bus ads save school budgets?

LiberalNation
03-19-2010, 07:23 AM
I think it's a good idea. Just like public buses, they could make a lot of money. Remember, play the lottery, support your schools.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100319/ap_on_bi_ge/us_school_bus_ads;_ylt=Ana3Ms1jlQIKJxSRhJ35hLdvzwc F;_ylu=X3oDMTJpMGdicnZpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMzE5L3V zX3NjaG9vbF9idXNfYWRzBGNwb3MDMgRwb3MDNQRzZWMDeW5fd G9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNjb3VsZHNjaG9vbGI-

SEATTLE – School districts have imposed all sorts of drastic cuts to save money during the down economy, canceling field trips and making parents pay for everything from tissues to sports transportation.

And some have now resorted to placing advertisements on school buses.

School districts say it's practically free money, and advertisers love the captive audience that school buses provide.

That's the problem, say opponents: Children are being forced to travel to school on moving media kiosks, and the tactic isn't much different than dressing teachers in sponsor-emblazoned uniforms.

"Parents who are concerned about commercial messages will have no choice," said Josh Golin, associate director of Campaign for a Commercial Free Childhood. "Parents won't be given the option to send their kids on the ad-free bus."

Noir
03-19-2010, 07:26 AM
Just wait until the first 'There's probably no god; so stop worrying and enjoy your life' advert is proposed, i dare say the proverbial will hit the fan.

CSM
03-19-2010, 07:44 AM
Just wait until the first 'There's probably no god; so stop worrying and enjoy your life' advert is proposed, i dare say the proverbial will hit the fan.

That statement brought me a vision of LN riding in a school bus with a HUGE sign that says "VOTE REPUBLICAN". Now that would just be funny.

03-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Creative idea. Not very aestically pleasing though. But then we are talking school busses here anyway.

Abbey Marie
03-19-2010, 03:23 PM

It's guaranteed that somebody will be offended by something.

Noir
03-19-2010, 03:36 PM
It's guaranteed that somebody will be offended by something.

The problem isn't so much offence being caused, it's that people think they have the right to not be offended

Abbey Marie
03-20-2010, 03:52 PM
The problem isn't so much offence being caused, it's that people think they have the right to not be offended

That's what I'm saying. :beer: