PDA

View Full Version : Mmm Bacon...Flavored Vodka?

Shadow
03-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Once upon a time, vodka was popular for being virtually tasteless, delivering all the punch of alcohol without all of that annoying flavor. It was the ultimate blank canvas, melding with pretty much any mixer a bartender could pair it with. As vodka popularity grew in the ‘80s and ‘90s, liquor distillers realized there was money to be made through product extensions, so companies dove in head first. Thus, the tidal wave of flavored vodkas was unleashed.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/03/18/flavored-vodka-round-bacon-vodka-berry-vodka-honey-vodka/

Not sure about Bacon...but Red Berry sounds good.

Trigg
03-19-2010, 08:38 PM
The berry flavors so well with, well, almost anything.

It's really to bad that I've sworn off vodka.

Mr. P
03-19-2010, 11:37 PM

Probably a good thing...that stuff will make ya hit yer Grandma.

Cap'n Chew
03-20-2010, 01:07 AM
I have bacon-flavored salt, it goes good on a lot of food lol. Not sure bacon vodka would be that enjoyable though.

Shadow
03-20-2010, 08:14 AM

Yep,some of the worst hangovers I have ever had were because of vodka. I try to avoid it most of the time.

Shadow
03-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Probably a good thing...that stuff will make ya hit yer Grandma.

Apparently Vodka is good for lots of strange stuff...

10 Weird Uses for Vodka

Cure poison ivy, repel insects — and clean your house...all with vodka!

Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/green-homes/latest/vodka-uses-460424#ixzz0iiqiin4V

Shadow
03-20-2010, 08:18 AM
I have bacon-flavored salt, it goes good on a lot of food lol. Not sure bacon vodka would be that enjoyable though.

Is that the JD's 'everything should taste like bacon' salt I've seen in the store? I may have to try it...the vodka though...not so sure about either.

sybarite
04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
I have rose flavored vodka in my cupboard that I won in a raffle, but I haven't had the courage to try it yet.

HogTrash
04-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Has anyone ever tried 'liberal flavored vodka'? :confused: It tastes like shit. :lmao: