PDA

View Full Version : More Hopey Changey

Kathianne
03-20-2010, 03:31 AM
But as long as they are focused like lasers on health care, then immigration...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/20/nyregion/20homeless.html?src=me

March 19, 2010
Number of People Living on New York Streets Soars
By JULIE BOSMAN
The Bloomberg administration said Friday that the number of people living on New York’s streets and subways soared 34 percent in a year, signaling a setback in one of the city’s most intractable problems.

Appearing both startled and dismayed by the sharp increase, a year after a significant drop, administration officials attributed it to the recession, noting that city shelters for families and single adults had been inundated.

Robert V. Hess, the commissioner of homeless services, said in a subdued news conference that the city began feeling the increase in its vast shelter system more than two years ago. “And now we’re seeing the devastating effect of this unprecedented poor economy on our streets as well,” Mr. Hess said.

The city’s annual tally indicated an additional 783 homeless people on the streets and in the subway system, for a total of 3,111, up from 2,328 last year. That is in addition to almost 38,000 people living in shelters, which is near the city’s high.

The count came from an annual census of homeless people that is typically conducted on a cold January night, when more than 2,500 volunteers walk the streets and subway system between midnight and 4 a.m. to search for and identify the homeless. It took place this year on Jan. 25.

There were more homeless people found on the streets in every borough. The largest increase was in Brooklyn, where an additional 228 people were counted, more than double the total in January 2009. Manhattan had a 47 percent increase, or 368 more homeless people. In Staten Island, there was an increase of 45 percent, or 54 people; in Queens, a 14 percent increase, or 14 people; and in the Bronx, 6 percent, or 10 people.

Volunteers found 109 additional people — an increase of 11 percent — on subway trains and in stations.

... I mean actually focusing on the economy and jobs? Silly.

Mr. P
03-20-2010, 08:11 AM
But as long as they are focused like lasers on health care, then immigration...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/20/nyregion/20homeless.html?src=me

I mean actually focusing on the economy and jobs? Silly.

I've heard of a few tent cities springing up in the last 6 mos.

Kathianne
03-20-2010, 08:23 AM
I've heard of a few tent cities springing up in the last 6 mos.

Yep, just keeps getting worse here, seems like all over.

Jeff
03-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Any more of this hope and change might kill me, guess some peoples idea of hope and change are a bit unusual to say the lease :eek:

The Company I work for is on the brinks of going under, more than a 3rd of trucking companies have already gone under, JB Hunt one of the biggest that paid there drivers 48 cents a miles now pays what drivers they have left 23 cents a mile, Werner who is also huge and use to pay well is now down to 22 cents a mile, Osama is doing great,

Remember everything that moves in this country goes on a truck one way or another, for those that are dense enough like Obama that believe that things can be moved by rail ya still have to get it to the rail threw truck lines and to the customer by truck lines, with the trucking industry going in the tubes the country will follow quickly

Yup I sure amd loving the hope and change shit

Kathianne
03-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Any more of this hope and change might kill me, guess some peoples idea of hope and change are a bit unusual to say the lease :eek:

The Company I work for is on the brinks of going under, more than a 3rd of trucking companies have already gone under, JB Hunt one of the biggest that paid there drivers 48 cents a miles now pays what drivers they have left 23 cents a mile, Werner who is also huge and use to pay well is now down to 22 cents a mile, Osama is doing great,

Remember everything that moves in this country goes on a truck one way or another, for those that are dense enough like Obama that believe that things can be moved by rail ya still have to get it to the rail threw truck lines and to the customer by truck lines, with the trucking industry going in the tubes the country will follow quickly

Yup I sure amd loving the hope and change shitYet so many seem to think things are just great. I wonder what will happen to those who are hoping for all the 'goodies' are going to feel when there are no more $$$ to be found?

Mr. P
03-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Yet so many seem to think things are just great. I wonder what will happen to those who are hoping for all the 'goodies' are going to feel when there are no more $$$ to be found?

Next up...Nationalize the trucking industry.

Jeff
03-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Yet so many seem to think things are just great. I wonder what will happen to those who are hoping for all the 'goodies' are going to feel when there are no more $$$ to be found?

The only ones I know that think things are great are sitting on there asses collecting $$$ from the Gov. welfare, grants, ect... My ex wife was fired from her job, Osama has now made it possible for her to collect unemployment and the Gov. will pay for her to go to school, books and all, and by the way as long as she is in college she will keep collecting unemployment, so ya see the only hope and change is for the people that wanted to sponger off the Gov. from the get go

If this country would stop with all the bogus welfare, disability, ect ... claims maybe we would have enough money to jump start the economy, but Obama promised HOPE & CHANGE and he can't give it to working America , so he will give it to the losers, only bright light I see if the losses the Dems face in November and Obama being laughed at as he is run out of DC in the next election

Kathianne
03-20-2010, 10:49 AM
The only ones I know that think things are great are sitting on there asses collecting $$$ from the Gov. welfare, grants, ect... My ex wife was fired from her job, Osama has now made it possible for her to collect unemployment and the Gov. will pay for her to go to school, books and all, and by the way as long as she is in college she will keep collecting unemployment, so ya see the only hope and change is for the people that wanted to sponger off the Gov. from the get go

If this country would stop with all the bogus welfare, disability, ect ... claims maybe we would have enough money to jump start the economy, but Obama promised HOPE & CHANGE and he can't give it to working America , so he will give it to the losers, only bright light I see if the losses the Dems face in November and Obama being laughed at as he is run out of DC in the next election

I have some friends, really good jobs and highly educated. They still think the steamroller is the way to go. Right now I can't talk to them. :laugh2:

Shadow
03-20-2010, 10:58 AM
I have some friends, really good jobs and highly educated. They still think the steamroller is the way to go. Right now I can't talk to them. :laugh2:

Same here. I have a really good friend that I have only seen and talked to a few times since the elections (she is a political gas bag...but I love her anyway) LOL. Right now I can only take her in small doses because she will not stop with the Obama is a god sermons.

KarlMarx
03-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Same here. I have a really good friend that I have only seen and talked to a few times since the elections (she is a political gas bag...but I love her anyway) LOL. Right now I can only take her in small doses because she will not stop with the Obama is a god sermons.

Obama is a god alright... he's Kali the Destroyer!

http://c2.api.ning.com/files/cZCe1l3qJ0Cs5kNoZ92QS53rpIgu3R3riaYAFnJ-mtnLCUoOAGXsjq7EL6AmQiU1ejII9S7ATeK0IyhkMB9eMWWED0 iPuF6h/kali.jpg

Shadow
03-20-2010, 03:24 PM
HA! The god of "change"...that definately fits him. Not to mention Kali is also "revered" as the "redeemer of the universe"...gee,I think I've heard that mantra before too. :laugh2:

cat slave
03-20-2010, 05:30 PM

The tyrannical government is purchasing voting blocks
with their "programs". Yet another voting block are the
illegals. What next...the world? Yeah!

Dependent people are real easy to control. Thats the gold
ring for the dictatorship.