PDA

View Full Version : The sun just set

OldMercsRule
03-21-2010, 09:56 PM
219 to 212 we are done.

darin
03-22-2010, 03:50 AM
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
C. S. Lewis

Those responsible for this are bad people. They are hurtful to our nation and without compassion.

KarlMarx
03-22-2010, 04:49 AM
1. It hasn't passed the Senate yet.
2. If it becomes law, it will face court challenges
3. If that fails, the next session of Congress (the Republicans) will repeal this obama-nation of a bill

Pelosi and her band of losers have just sealed their fate. Not that I hadn't made up my mind already, mind you!

I am voting out the following this November:

1. Maurice Hinchey - Democrat Congressman
2. Chuck Schumer - Democrat Senator
3. Kirstin Gillibrand - Democrat Senator (because she filled in the seat vacated by Hillary Clinton, we are running a special election this year)
4. David Patterson - Democrat Governor

It's time that Upstate New York, which would be red if it were a state, got representation that shares our values and truly represents us.

I may be favoring breaking New York State in two. An upstate region and a downstate region. I am tired of being out voted by people from downstate New York.

I have to believe in the system, somehow. Otherwise, all that is left is advocating the violent overthrow of the government. The latter is seductive, but not constructive.

red states rule
03-22-2010, 08:00 AM
and the libs are giddy, and still on the attack

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JUZMYp-GQIM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JUZMYp-GQIM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

glockmail
03-22-2010, 08:04 AM
It's time that Upstate New York, which would be red if it were a state, got representation that shares our values and truly represents us.

I may be favoring breaking New York State in two. An upstate region and a downstate region. I am tired of being out voted by people from downstate New York.

It will never happen buddy. Downstate has y'all by the balls and you'll be paying high tolls on the Thruway to subsidize Manhattan ferry boats and the same electrical rates as the Bronx even though the hydro plants and nukes are all located in your backyard.

red states rule
03-22-2010, 08:05 AM
It will never happen buddy. Downstate has y'all by the balls and you'll be paying high tolls on the Thruway to subsidize Manhattan ferry boats and the same electrical rates as the Bronx even though the hydro plants and nukes are all located in your backyard.

One of the Dems mottos has to be "Once you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

People will start losing their jobs this morning as business owners run the numbers, and I heard on the radio where the Dow futures are sinking as investors add up the costs of Obamacare

03-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Funny thing about the sun. It will come out tomorrow. We just need to get through the night.

Gaffer
03-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Unfortunately the violent over throw of the government is the only thing that's going to save this country. It's far to late to vote for change. The commies are in charge and will NEVER relinquish their power.

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Funny thing about the sun. It will come out tomorrow. We just need to get through the night.The nights can be very long when you are cold, hungry and in fear of your future.
and
A restless night can pass quickly when the hangmans noose awaits you at first dawn.

OldMercsRule
03-22-2010, 10:24 AM

Wrong. The House passed the Senate Bill all that is left is Obamaprompter's signature for the law to have effect. Sorry. The reconciliation bill may get some grief in the Senate.

Yes, especially from the States. The fact that they did not use the "deam to pass" and actually voted on the Senate bill makes any "process" challenging lawsuit problematic. Does the Corntitution provide for Nanny Federal Gubment ta force us to buy health insurance? That seems the only big Cornstitutional issue for Court Challange.

3. If that fails, the next session of Congress (the Republicans) will repeal this obama-nation of a bill

One can only hope.

Pelosi and her band of losers have just sealed their fate. Not that I hadn't made up my mind already, mind you!

3. Kirstin Gillibrand - Democrat Senator (because she filled in the seat vacated by Hillary Clinton, we are running a special election this year)

Patterson droped out due to scandle.

Eastern Washington, (accross the Cascades from bright blue Seattle) is the same situation.

Central California, Eastern Oregon: similar.

I have to believe in the system, somehow. Otherwise, all that is left is advocating the violent overthrow of the government. The latter is seductive, but not constructive.

Totally agree. Let's dismantle the entire dim wit Democrat party in 2010 and 2012.

Respectfully, JR

OldMercsRule
03-22-2010, 10:50 AM
The passage last night of Barack Obama’s health care reform bill through the House of Representatives is yet another blow to freedom in America inflicted by the Obama administration. The legislation, which comes at a staggering cost of $940 billion, will hugely add to the already towering national debt, now at over $12 trillion. It is yet another millstone round the necks of the American people, already faced with the highest levels of unemployment in a generation.

It is also a great leap forward by the United States towards a European-style vision of universal health care, which will only lead to soaring costs, higher taxes, and a surge in red tape for small businesses. This reckless legislation dramatically expands the power of the state over the lives of individuals, and could not be further from the vision of America’s founding fathers. It has also been rushed through Congress without proper scrutiny, in the face of overwhelming public opposition, and with not an ounce of bipartisan support.

The rest is here:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100030793/a-dark-day-for-freedom-in-america/

Leave it to the Brits to give the prospective our main stream media lacks. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr JR

revelarts
03-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately the violent over throw of the government is the only thing that's going to save this country. It's far to late to vote for change. The commies are in charge and will NEVER relinquish their power.

Commies/fascist Dems and Repubs Don't give a Fart about the vote in some cases. They are pleasing there real masters the corp interest and wall st. and one worlders. But loooooong before we need to get violent more and more people can peacefully protest. And I'm not talking about asking for a permit. permits are unconstitutional anyway. REAL protest don't get no stinking permit. Some real boycotts. Where the people are moving it not. The anointed leaders of the parties that have already sold us out. (except for a small minority).
Why do we even listen to Guys like Newt and Army they are lairs and crooks as much as Pelosi and Franks. They had there chance. Glen Beck makes some great points but he's waffled on to many items IMO.

OldMercsRule
03-22-2010, 11:11 AM

No nowhere near this point.

OldMercsRule
03-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Obamaprompter and Pelosi claim this chit will save the Federal budget and corntrol costs of health care.

No more pre existing cornditions: ya actually think that is free????

If so I have a bridge fer sale: n' it floats toooooooo!

No more insurance caps: another free feature from the tooth fairy, eh???

I guess we got to build some Gulags, (shovel ready jobs, Grrrrrrrrr), ta hold all the young people who are now required to buy these fancy Nanny Gubment imposed policies ta pay for all those retiring baby boomers n' seniors. N' of course they have ta pay the taxes ta pay off all the debt we are puttin' on the ol' credit card.

Wonderful. JR

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 11:36 AM
KarlMarx states:

Wrong. The House passed the Senate Bill all that is left is Obamaprompter's signature for the law to have effect. Sorry. The reconciliation bill may get some grief in the Senate.

Yes, especially from the States. The fact that they did not use the "deam to pass" and actually voted on the Senate bill makes any "process" challenging lawsuit problematic. Does the Corntitution provide for Nanny Federal Gubment ta force us to buy health insurance? That seems the only big Cornstitutional issue for Court Challange.

One can only hope.

Patterson droped out due to scandle.

Eastern Washington, (accross the Cascades from bright blue Seattle) is the same situation.

Central California, Eastern Oregon: similar.

Totally agree. Let's dismantle the entire dim wit Democrat party in 2010 and 2012.

Respectfully, JROur forefathers were well aware of this likelyhood, even 234 years ago. http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=26965

:eek:

OldMercsRule
03-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Our forefathers were well aware of this likelyhood, even 234 years ago. http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=26965

:eek:

We have elected these fools since 1932 and they have now taken this system to the point where it is obviously unsustainable.

The looming financial crisis will take a bit to develope as the stock market is doing a shrug right now as well, as the crisis will take time to manifest itself and foreigners are still buying our debt instruments, as they are spooked about Greece, Spain et al.

Once the tsunami hits the appologists in the media will try to deflect attention from the dim wit culprits, butt: some sort of massive political change is inevitable down the road.

The real sign will be the collapse of the debt markets, which takes time butt is is gonna happen. Obamaprompter and Pelosi can't change the laws/fundamentals of mathmatics. Grrrrrrrr.

Binky
03-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Funny thing about the sun. It will come out tomorrow. We just need to get through the night.

Then you'd better hope for a full moon to light up the dark and gloomy night....:laugh2::laugh2:

One of the Dems mottos has to be "Once you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

People will start losing their jobs this morning as business owners run the numbers, and I heard on the radio where the Dow futures are sinking as investors add up the costs of Obamacare

:laugh2::laugh2: That motto seems to be working for them....

The nights can be very long when you are cold, hungry and in fear of your future.
and
A restless night can pass quickly when the hangmans noose awaits you at first dawn.

:laugh2::laugh2: And as usual, Hog, you are a ray of sunshine....

03-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Then you'd better hope for a full moon to light up the dark and gloomy night....:laugh2::laugh2:

Not worried about that. I've got fire:)

darin
03-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Side note - Mercs - Bro, PLEASE let me help you use the quote system, okay? Your style there makes my head get confused...

OldMercsRule
03-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Side note - Mercs - Bro, PLEASE let me help you use the quote system, okay? Your style there makes my head get confused...

So post #10 is "not using" the quote system?

Mr. P
03-22-2010, 06:29 PM

While yer at it...help him off blue. Please.

OldMercsRule
03-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Obama Pays More Than Buffett as U.S. Risks AAA Rating (Update3)
Share Business ExchangeTwitterFacebook| Email | Print | A A A
By Daniel Kruger and Bryan Keogh

March 22 (Bloomberg) -- The bond market is saying that it’s safer to lend to Warren Buffett than Barack Obama.

Two-year notes sold by the billionaire’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. in February yield 3.5 basis points less than Treasuries of similar maturity, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Procter & Gamble Co., Johnson & Johnson and Lowe’s Cos. debt also traded at lower yields in recent weeks, a situation former Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. chief fixed-income strategist Jack Malvey calls an “exceedingly rare” event in the history of the bond market.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aYUeBnitz7nU

When the credit limit is reached indiucators as this will be one of the clues.

OldMercsRule
03-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Good question, I wish I knew the answer.

Some facts ta ponder: the total American system, equity markets that function very well, debt instuments of private and public units that trade efficiently, (bonds, notes, bills), currency, economy/legal system and our military make us the only alternative for the real wealthy in today's world to keep their liquid money invested. For now.

Japan has some positives like high domestic saving and willingness to accept very low nominal returns, butt: they are far more levered then we are and they are having a population crash due to the demographics of their population.

The Euro is a joke and that fact has been known by "real money" for quite some time, and the strain is showing at this point, and it will only get worse over time.

The Brits are levered as bad as we are, and have a far smaller economy.

China still has Commies in charge, and India has a nuclear Pakistan as a neighbor.

Switzerland is too small of a country for real big money, (sovereign funds et al).

Brazil could be a facter in the next 50 years.

That is why we can get away with the foolish trajectory we are on, and made much worse last night. We are the only game on this planet, for now.

That said: Pelosi may bend our Cornstitution and play hard ball politics to get her deals done, butt: she can't suspend mathmatics or compound interest on debt, (and niether can Obamaprompter).

That is why I know we will hit the wall, I just can't tell when or exactly what it will look like. You all know we must borrow to fund all things in Nanny Gubment, (been that way since the 1930s), after Obamaprompter's health care the math doesn't work anymore, (prolly didn't work before), butt: we are screwed now for sure.

Hope I'm wrong butt I'm affraid I'm not.

Me overpriced $.02. JR

darin
03-23-2010, 03:53 AM
So post #10 is "not using" the quote system?

I fixed that one for ya. :)

The blue is fine; but for some who are colorblind, simply changing the font color can cause confusion when you're quoting - they'd see no change.

:)
:cheers2:

Binky
03-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Not worried about that. I've got fire:)

:laugh2::laugh2: I guess you're set then. Now you can burn whatever it is you're aiming to.....