PDA

View Full Version : The IRS and Health Care Reform

CSM
03-23-2010, 09:06 AM
What does the IRS have to do with health care reform? Just this:

IRS to Serve as Health Reform Enforcer, but Lacks Authority to Enforce

FOXNews.com

The Senate bill doesn’t provide any funding for the expansion of the IRS, and it virtually ties the hands of the IRS to collect fees on individuals and businesses who don’t buy health insurance.

The health care reform bill to be signed Tuesday by President Obama would give the IRS a new mandate to enforce some of the initiative's key provisions -- but apparently not the means to do so.

Under the Senate bill approved Sunday by the House, the Internal Revenue Service would be called on to ensure Americans are obtaining health care insurance and businesses are offering it, or else they could face fines. Many would receive subsidies to help pay for insurance.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/22/irs-serve-health-reform-enforcer-lacks-authority-enforce/

So they will withhold any tax return for those who are entitled to one and those who don't pay taxes and don't buy health insurance suffer no consequences. Just another way for the politicians to fund the no working SoBs of our society.

Mr. P
03-23-2010, 09:40 AM
It's time for some to put a sharp pencil to their W-4 so they don't get refunds. It's the best practice anyway. I wonder how they'll treat someone who is on SSI only? Skim their check every month? Many of those folks struggle every month just to survive now. Or are they exempt because of medicaid/medicare?

No1tovote4
03-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Love the new Avatar, P...

Mr. P
03-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Love the new Avatar, P...

I understand..Thanks, No1.

It makes me very sad to display it but I think it's accurate at the moment. I hope to restore it to what it should be no later than early November.