PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Lawmakers Ask For Gun Ban In Capitol

LiberalNation
03-23-2010, 06:22 PM
suprised to see this in KY. Two thumbs down, nothing so special about frankfort.

http://www.wlky.com/politics/22923839/detail.html

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Some lawmakers are pressing for a ban on people carrying guns into the state Capitol.

Democratic state Rep. Jim Wayne, of Louisville, raised the issue Tuesday, a day after a man wore a holstered gun into the House chamber and watched the floor debates.

Wayne and a House colleague called for House Speaker Greg Stumbo and the Legislative Research Commission to bar guns, saying "people who are mentally fragile can take desperate actions."

Little-Acorn
03-23-2010, 06:35 PM
And the harm that man did was...............?

I didn't think so.

Perhaps they should make a law instead, banning "people who are mentally fragile", as Democrat representative Jim Wayne of Louisville said.

And how would you know which ones are "mentally fragile"?

Easy. Just have someone sit in the House chamber with a holstered gun. A Daisy or realistic-looking plastic cap gun would do fine, if he doesn't like the weight of a real one.

And anybody who freaks out, or starts making silly demands in regards to it, gets kicked out.

Sounds like we already have our first candidate: The honorable Democrat representative from Louisville. He clearly meets the requirements.

HogTrash
03-23-2010, 07:01 PM
At first I thought you meant a gun ban in the capital city instead of the capital building.

Politicians who fear law-abiding gun owners have probably done something to deserve being shot.

Cap'n Chew
03-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Kentucky? Gun ban? Really? KENTUCKY? I know it's just for the state Capitol building, but still, Kentucky?

How many times are they going to pass this crap until they learn? Gun bans don't make us safer and they are an affront to the 2nd Amendment. I know the old saying is cheap as all hell, but it's true:

You outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns.

PostmodernProphet
03-24-2010, 06:07 AM
they don't need to ban guns, they just need to be more careful about what they vote for.....then fewer people would be hunting for them......

Cap'n Chew
03-24-2010, 06:20 AM
they don't need to ban guns, they just need to be more careful about what they vote for.....then fewer people would be hunting for them......

We shouldn't have gun bans out of principle, not because of cowards who threaten politicians.

KarlMarx
03-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Perhaps I don't understand something, but didn't the Supreme Court just decide that gun bans were unconstitutional?

Cap'n Chew
03-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Perhaps I don't understand something, but didn't the Supreme Court just decide that gun bans were unconstitutional?

I think that was for cities, now we're talking about specific piece of public land.

Gaffer
03-24-2010, 08:23 AM
I think that was for cities, now we're talking about specific piece of public land.

Can get control one way, try another. You can't get a whole city so try for specific areas and expand from there, that's how the commies work. Of course you know that.

namvet
03-24-2010, 09:37 AM
pen6lLKhzHA

what's really funny here is Osama voters are in line to buy guns. go figure !!!

Binky
03-24-2010, 09:51 AM
I seriously doubt they'd ever be able to ban guns in that state. Why you ask? Because this place is there..

Knob Creek Gun Range - Machine Gun Shoot
Camping at Knob Creek Gun Range is offered on a first come first serve basis and is pro-rated. Those arriving Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday will pay ...
www.knobcreekrange.com/machine_gun_shoot.html

Knob Creek
Gun Range
Knob Creek Gun Range
690 Ritchey Lane
West Point, KY 40177

1 mile off Dixie Highway on Highway 44

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: And it has enough ammo and weapons there for the individuals to start a war. It's a revenue maker. I've been there, done that. And it rocks...... Ban guns, indeed.....:laugh2:

Cap'n Chew
03-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Can get control one way, try another. You can't get a whole city so try for specific areas and expand from there, that's how the commies work. Of course you know that.

Awww, thinks I'm a commie, dats sho adorwable, especially after the fact I posted on this this thread that I'm AGAINST gun bans.

Keep it up guys, I'm loving the meltdown.

Cap'n Chew
03-24-2010, 09:56 AM
I seriously doubt they'd ever be able to ban guns in that state. Why you ask? Because this place is there..

Knob Creek Gun Range - Machine Gun Shoot
Camping at Knob Creek Gun Range is offered on a first come first serve basis and is pro-rated. Those arriving Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday will pay ...
www.knobcreekrange.com/machine_gun_shoot.html

Knob Creek
Gun Range
Knob Creek Gun Range
690 Ritchey Lane
West Point, KY 40177

1 mile off Dixie Highway on Highway 44

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: And it has enough ammo and weapons there for the individuals to start a war. It's a revenue maker. I've been there, done that. And it rocks...... Ban guns, indeed.....:laugh2:

That's a given, I'm still surprised anyone would try to ban them even in just the Capitol building.

Gaffer
03-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Anyone that has spent any time in Kentucky knows a gun ban of any kind is not going to happen. It would be like banning Nascar, ain't gonna happen.

Binky
03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
That's a given, I'm still surprised anyone would try to ban them even in just the Capitol building.

They'll "try" anything. Doesn't mean it would work.... Anyway, that's a pretty neat place if one is interested in weapons.....

Binky
03-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Anyone that has spent any time in Kentucky knows a gun ban of any kind is not going to happen. It would be like banning Nascar, ain't gonna happen.

:laugh2::laugh2: That is sooooo true.....

Cap'n Chew
03-24-2010, 10:08 AM
:laugh2::laugh2: That is sooooo true.....

Guess some legislator is going to learn pretty damn fast then. I don't get how anyone living or residing there would even think that could work for but a second.

Binky
03-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Guess some legislator is going to learn pretty damn fast then. I don't get how anyone living or residing there would even think that could work for but a second.

I have no idea.....guess he is just clueless....

Cap'n Chew
03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
They'll "try" anything. Doesn't mean it would work.... Anyway, that's a pretty neat place if one is interested in weapons.....

-clicks link-

Machine gun shoot?

-browses-

I have to go to Kentucky one day. Someone invent a teleporter now lol!

Cap'n Chew
03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
I have no idea.....guess he is just clueless....

I'm a somewhat liberal guy, so on here I'm probably a clueless commie Marxist Obasheep or bot some other stupid shit. Even a lefty leftist leftenstein lefterooski like me knows gun bans don't work, they just don't. They don't deter crime or make anyone safer, and of course they are in severe violation of our 2nd Amendment rights.

And trying to pass one in Kentucky? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's just dumb!

Binky
03-24-2010, 10:35 AM
-clicks link-

Machine gun shoot?

-browses-

I have to go to Kentucky one day. Someone invent a teleporter now lol!

I guess maybe you should. There are plenty of motels in the area....It's a flea market full of weapons, ammo and memorbilia.....Very, very interesting. You can pay someone X amount of dollars to fire their weapon...... Oh baby, what fun....

HogTrash
03-24-2010, 11:06 AM
I thought it was already illegal to take a gun into any federal building and I assumed that also applied to state and local government buildings?

In my city, everyone intering a state, local or federal building must pass through a metal detector.

namvet
03-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I thought it was already illegal to take a gun into any federal building and I assumed that also applied to state and local government buildings?

In my city, everyone intering a state, local or federal building must pass through a metal detector.

same here

HogTrash
03-24-2010, 01:00 PM
same hereI wonder what made the government so mistrusting of the American people?

I recall a story about after the turn of the 19th century, a driver pulled his Model A Ford up to the front door of the White House and requested some water for the radiator.

namvet
03-24-2010, 01:41 PM
I wonder what made the government so mistrusting of the American people?

I recall a story about after the turn of the 19th century, a driver pulled his Model A Ford up to the front door of the White House and requested some water for the radiator.

i expect today that A is a security risk. could be wired with explosives. or the driver wears a PE belt. that's the diff. but then i don't trust them (gov) either

HogTrash
03-24-2010, 01:59 PM
i expect today that A is a security risk. could be wired with explosives. or the driver wears a PE belt. that's the diff. but then i don't trust them (gov) eitherThis is true, but I believe the mistrust of the people is as genuine as it is for any foreign threat.

namvet
03-24-2010, 02:14 PM
This is true, but I believe the mistrust of the people is as genuine as it is for any foreign threat.

again i agree. but Gov now treats us like objects. votes, jobs $$$ for them. that's all we mean to em. and with this astroturf gov the gap is seriously widening.

Binky
03-24-2010, 05:10 PM
I wonder what made the government so mistrusting of the American people?

Maybe because it knows the people do not trust IT and with good reason. Sooooooo..........it places itself on guard, so to speak, to not trust us.....We know the gov't is always doing sneaky things. When we find out what certain things are, we start squawking and raising cain. Then the focus is on what it is doing. It doesn't like that. The powers that be love to hide behind closed doors. They are happy as baby birdies at feeding time to keep below the radar.....Then when their actions come to light the gov't does its best to instill fear in the people as a means of control. This hcb is a huge coo in controlling the masses. I shutter to think what all is in that bill.:eek:

namvet
03-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Maybe because it knows the people do not trust IT and with good reason. Sooooooo..........it places itself on guard, so to speak, to not trust us.....We know the gov't is always doing sneaky things. When we find out what certain things are, we start squawking and raising cain. Then the focus is on what it is doing. It doesn't like that. The powers that be love to hide behind closed doors. They are happy as baby birdies at feeding time to keep below the radar.....Then when their actions come to light the gov't does its best to instill fear in the people as a means of control. This hcb is a huge coo in controlling the masses. I shutter to think what all is in that bill.:eek:

and we need to remove those closed doors or have our rep in there. its gettin that bad

Binky
03-24-2010, 05:49 PM
and we need to remove those closed doors or have our rep in there. its gettin that bad

Yep and now with the IRS involved, it makes one wonder all the more as to what America will be like within the next 20 years...... I'm hoping I just have a vivid imagination and that's it....

And what we need is a rep that is strickly accountable to the people. He or she would speak for us....and would attend all meetings applicable to us.....Which is more than enough to keep one busy. So a group would be needed to assist. But that one rep would be the head of it......WE NEED SOMEONE WITH CLOUT THAT SPEAKS FOR THE PEOPLE, and doesn't reach for a handout at every turn........Or caves under pressure from any opposition.....

namvet
03-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Yep and now with the IRS involved, it makes one wonder all the more as to what America will be like within the next 20 years...... I'm hoping I just have a vivid imagination and that's it....

And what we need is a rep that is strickly accountable to the people. He or she would speak for us....and would attend all meetings applicable to us.....Which is more than enough to keep one busy. So a group would be needed to assist. But that one rep would be the head of it......WE NEED SOMEONE WITH CLOUT THAT SPEAKS FOR THE PEOPLE, and doesn't reach for a handout at every turn........Or caves under pressure from any opposition.....

if your running you got my vote !!!!!!

Binky
03-24-2010, 10:53 PM
if your running you got my vote !!!!!!

:laugh2: Well, dang it.......I was thinkin' the same thing about you......You're a vet.....You feel strongly about this......Soooooo....run..................Gasp.... run........run......run........:laugh2: