PDA

View Full Version : A Letter To Patients From Their Doctor

Kathianne
03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
So it begins:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZjY3ZTg2ODNhYTg4ZDUyNjlmNTBmYWI0YmY2YTQ0YTI=

From a Doctor Who Will Not Comply [Daniel Foster]
An M.D. in family practice passed along this letter she sent to her patients after Obamacare became law. She relates that, so far, "100% of those who have contacted me about it have supported me and accepted the new conditions."

March 23, 2010

My Dear Patient,

As you must know, Congress has just passed extensive legislation governing health care delivery and insurance systems. Whether you agree with what it does or not, we are all now subject to this law and its sweeping changes.

I have always conducted my medical practice with my patient’s best interests as my first priority. Although not legally obliged to do so, I have routinely provided you with a receipt that has all the codes necessary to bill your own health insurance company for any reimbursement to which you are entitled. Until now, that insurance company was a free enterprise despite the fact that it was heavily regulated by state and federal laws. Now the situation is quite different. Through the new law’s mandates, regulatory powers and reform, health insurance is and will be largely a government activity which will have an ever larger jurisdiction over how doctors practice, make clinical judgments and are paid.

The new law provides for about 150 new government agencies, many of which are designed to be ‘oversight’ bureaucracies which will have the right to decide what medical care is legal to provide through insurance. Among other things, they will have the right to review my medical care of you and read your medical record. Now, as soon as you submit our economic transaction to your insurance company for reimbursement, you have involved me in these regulations and put me in the jurisdiction of government for my activities, decisions and behavior as your doctor.

No one can have two masters. Either I can serve you as my patient or I can serve the government. Either I can continue to make your welfare and health my only concern, including the protection of your privacy and medical records, or I can abide by ever-increasing amounts of government regulations and dictates to my decisions. I can’t do both. I choose to continue to follow my conscience and practice medicine to serve you.

For this reason, I am responding to the situation created by this new law by exercising my right not to participate in any health insurance program. I will still provide you with the same medical services that I always have, but the interaction will be exclusively and privately between you and me. This means that I will provide you only with a receipt for the services you have paid for, but without the additional information that is required to submit your receipt for reimbursement to your health insurance company. That is the only way I can make sure there will be no conflict between following the law and serving you. Because the law is now in effect, so must these changes be to my practice.

Sincerely,

Linda Johnston, MD

Jeff
03-24-2010, 09:54 PM
I talked to my Dad today and he told me he received a letter from hg is Doc stating that due to recent circumstances she would no longer be able to provide medical care for him, she is retiring , I wonder how many good Docs are going to bail out

Mr. P
03-24-2010, 10:08 PM
I talked to my Dad today and he told me he received a letter from hg is Doc stating that due to recent circumstances she would no longer be able to provide medical care for him, she is retiring , I wonder how many good Docs are going to bail out

I've heard as high as 30%.

Less Docs more folks..that'll work well won't it.

Jeff
03-24-2010, 10:24 PM
I've heard as high as 30%.

Less Docs more folks..that'll work well won't it.

MR. P it is really scary times, Less Docs and in my eyes we are on the brink of a civil war, what a deal

Kathianne
03-24-2010, 10:25 PM
MR. P it is really scary times, Less Docs and in my eyes we are on the brink of a civil war, what a deal

I'm willing to wait at least until November.

As for the doctors, we're in a heap of trouble.

cat slave
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
We are going to have to return to the remedies of our grand
parents. Hey, they must have worked. Think of how many
people who have lived way past their life expectancy without
"health care"!

Herbs, homeopathy and alternative forms of medicine can
deliver us from Osama Care. Im willing to do it just to have
control of my own life!

Binky
03-24-2010, 11:18 PM

I've just now heard on Hannity, and take it for whatever it's worth, is that many doctors are now taking an early retirement. So that's going to leave less doc's that have been working in medicine for decades. We'll be faced with newbies, barely out of med school as well. That is, if there are any that are going to enter the field now.....

I believe the scene has been set for another revolution......There is much unrest in America. And it isn't getting better.

Binky
03-24-2010, 11:22 PM
We are going to have to return to the remedies of our grand
parents. Hey, they must have worked. Think of how many
people who have lived way past their life expectancy without
"health care"!

Herbs, homeopathy and alternative forms of medicine can
deliver us from Osama Care. Im willing to do it just to have
control of my own life!

Good luck with that Cat as the control we had is beginning to slip. It's like a cog in a wheel is broken sending the wheel out of control.

I don't know much about herbs and such. Guess I may as well begin reading up on them.....Great..............

Mr. P
03-25-2010, 12:19 AM

I fear we are dangerously close to mass civil rebellion possibly followed by a civil war. I sincerely hope we avoid a war and change things in Nov. by voting these asses OUT! That'll make Bambam a lame duck. Then in 2012 we can repeal this BS before it becomes effective.

But then there's the SCOTUS..it may hit there before Nov.
Now can anyone remember how Bambam scolded them in front of the entire country at the SOTU address? My guess is they'll hear the case on the fast track.

Kathianne
03-25-2010, 06:25 AM
I fear we are dangerously close to mass civil rebellion possibly followed by a civil war. I sincerely hope we avoid a war and change things in Nov. by voting these asses OUT! That'll make Bambam a lame duck. Then in 2012 we can repeal this BS before it becomes effective.

But then there's the SCOTUS..it may hit there before Nov.
Now can anyone remember how Bambam scolded them in front of the entire country at the SOTU address? My guess is they'll hear the case on the fast track.

That's what I fear seeing too. People are furious but waiting to see if more sane folks, worth voting for, step forward and then are giving a fair chance at the polls. If there fails to be the candidates or the electoral process is proven wanting, there may be breakouts of rebellion.

namvet
03-25-2010, 08:55 AM
add to it medical students are dropping out because of this and are pursuing other more profitable careers. so this could be the future of medicine up in smoke. many of you already know what im gonna do. liquidate and leave the country.

Monkeybone
03-25-2010, 09:32 AM
add to it medical students are dropping out because of this and are pursuing other more profitable careers. so this could be the future of medicine up in smoke. many of you already know what im gonna do. liquidate and leave the country.
it'll be the like the VAs! wooo! American Medical License?!?! What's that? ppphhhbbbtttt. you don't need that. come on over! you can practice here in great America! you make more money! Government job! yah!

namvet
03-25-2010, 09:34 AM
it'll be the like the VAs! wooo! American Medical License?!?! What's that? ppphhhbbbtttt. you don't need that. come on over! you can practice here in great America! you make more money! Government job! yah!

actually i can save a ton of money by leaving

Gaffer
03-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Some time before Nov there will be a crisis demanding a government crack down and it will effect peoples ability to vote. It has to already be in the works as the commies are too confident right now. They NEVER do anything that will jeopardize there positions of power. So somethings in the works.

I have said all along that Nov 2010 would be a focal point. Like most here everyone in the country is waiting for that time and when it doesn't go as planned and the system is proven to be permanently broken, that's when the uprising will occur. A civil war is eminent. How bloody it gets depends on the people and the viciousness of the government to put it down.

Change is coming and the dark lord isn't going to like it. :salute:

Monkeybone
03-25-2010, 10:14 AM
I was saying that too Gaff. Not in those exact words, but that they are waiting for something, especailly with all of these "emergency" powers that seem to have been authorized recently.

Gaffer
03-25-2010, 10:54 AM
I was saying that too Gaff. Not in those exact words, but that they are waiting for something, especailly with all of these "emergency" powers that seem to have been authorized recently.

what really bothers me, is even when I'm wrong I'm usually close.

Kathianne
03-25-2010, 11:05 AM
what really bothers me, is even when I'm wrong I'm usually close.

I don't like that you've been correct in the past. Sssshhhh, you are scaring me!

Gaffer
03-25-2010, 11:26 AM
I don't like that you've been correct in the past. Sssshhhh, you are scaring me!

I scare me Kath.

I understand human nature, I observe, and I know that things go on behind the scenes. And we sometimes get little glimpses of them. Those glimpses often show what direction things are heading.