PDA

View Full Version : Poor Me!

Kathianne
03-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I was home today, staying home tomorrow. Had to do lesson plans, guess what? On 'Great Depression.' I'm 8 pages into 'introduction.' Pity me, my sub, and my students. :laugh2:

I'm just beginning the court packing scheme.

Gaffer
03-25-2010, 04:16 PM
You can educate them on what the next ten years are going to be like.

Kathianne
03-25-2010, 04:18 PM

Believe me, my students will be making those connections between then and now all over the place. As I said, pity the sub. I just spoke with her a few minutes ago. She's really excited, Shakespeare and FDR tomorrow. LOL!

HogTrash
03-25-2010, 05:15 PM
I was home today, staying home tomorrow. Had to do lesson plans, guess what? On 'Great Depression.' I'm 8 pages into 'introduction.' Pity me, my sub, and my students. :laugh2:

I'm just beginning the court packing scheme.What do you think about the idea of taking me to school with you on the next "Show & Tell Day"?

I think I would be a breath of fresh air and believe the students and facualty would love me. :D

They would certainly get a point of view that most have never been exposed to.....I'll wear a tie.

Binky
03-25-2010, 05:58 PM

Or maybe the next 30, for all we know....God help them all as they are going to have to try and clean up the mess we've created. I sure hope, for their sakes and those coming after, that they don't make it worse......:eek:

Binky
03-25-2010, 06:02 PM
What do you think about the idea of taking me to school with you on the next "Show & Tell Day"?

I think I would be a breath of fresh air and believe the students and facualty would love me. :D

They would certainly get a point of view that most have never been exposed to.....I'll wear a tie.

:eek::lame2::poop::puke::lmao:

Kathianne
03-25-2010, 06:21 PM
What do you think about the idea of taking me to school with you on the next "Show & Tell Day"?

LOL! They think I'm weird! :laugh2:

Seriously, just finished emailing the plans. 8 pages on the 30's, for an introduction! 8th Grade.

7th Grade-First 13 sonnets of Shakespeare, sent translations for the sub. We're starting Romeo & Juliet/West Side Story after Spring Break.

7th social studies is the Federalist period of US History.

6th Grade-King Arthur. We just finished Medieval Times.

All this to avoid having to give homework over break and not start anything new. Been working on since 11:30. Glad that's over.

It's Spring Break for me!

HogTrash
03-25-2010, 07:39 PM
LOL! They think I'm weird! :laugh2:

Seriously, just finished emailing the plans. 8 pages on the 30's, for an introduction! 8th Grade.

7th Grade-First 13 sonnets of Shakespeare, sent translations for the sub. We're starting Romeo & Juliet/West Side Story after Spring Break.

7th social studies is the Federalist period of US History.

6th Grade-King Arthur. We just finished Medieval Times.

All this to avoid having to give homework over break and not start anything new. Been working on since 11:30. Glad that's over.

It's Spring Break for me!On a serious note, does the faculty ever have a problem with you being, non-liberal?

I don't mean openly, but maybe in an around about way with occasional little snide snippy remarks?

I know the education profession is primarily liberal/democrat which generally has little tolerance for nonconformity.

Kathianne
03-25-2010, 08:34 PM
On a serious note, does the faculty ever have a problem with you being, non-liberal?

I don't mean openly, but maybe in an around about way with occasional little snide snippy remarks?

I know the education profession is primarily liberal/democrat which generally has little tolerance for nonconformity.

I've taken some ribbing when I was called to count chads in FL. :laugh2: Recently however, thanks to Obama the scales are falling off many an eye. Some are becoming anti-Democrat and they voted for him. No they aren't pc, just misguided religious folk yearning for social justice. Well until between the fed and state they are seeing over .50 going to the tax man. Now they don't seem so concerned about the poor.

Honestly they still do care, they just can't afford it. This doesn't bode well for charities should the government go belly up.

I teach in parochial school, not nearly as liberal as public.