PDA

View Full Version : 30 Little Known Facts About America

HogTrash
03-26-2010, 12:03 PM
I have absolutely no idea how many of these are true, if any.

But it is interesting and thought provoking...You make the call.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klwWcp9eiPw&feature=related

HogTrash
03-28-2010, 04:26 PM
There has to be something of interest here to someone?

This seems like some very intriguing subject matter to me?

If you notice each is verified with a supposedly actual case?

Should be easy enough to varify with little effort?...Anybody?

PostmodernProphet
03-28-2010, 07:07 PM
it's difficult to respond to a video, but I will bite.....the one that shows up on the screen is 20) The Pope can abolish any law in the United States......

that's a pretty silly accusation....how can you justify it?.....

HogTrash
03-28-2010, 07:49 PM
it's difficult to respond to a video, but I will bite.....the one that shows up on the screen is 20) The Pope can abolish any law in the United States......

that's a pretty silly accusation....how can you justify it?.....It may have some validity.

Or at least may have at one time?

Page 53-54 http://www.archive.org/stream/elementsofeccles01smituoft#page/n3/mode/2up

PostmodernProphet
03-28-2010, 11:24 PM
sorry, Hog......it's a crappy argument not worth wasting a lot of time on....short and simple, some ecclesiastical text isn't American law and wouldn't be given any attention.....

KarlMarx
03-29-2010, 04:42 AM
Didn't see the video, but I saw something on the link that said "The Pope can abolish any law in America"... that is definitely not true. If it were, the then Roe vs. Wade would have been overturned decades ago. That is one case where I *wish* the Pope could overturn American law.

HogTrash
03-29-2010, 04:07 PM
sorry, Hog......it's a crappy argument not worth wasting a lot of time on....short and simple, some ecclesiastical text isn't American law and wouldn't be given any attention.....
Didn't see the video, but I saw something on the link that said "The Pope can abolish any law in America"... that is definitely not true. If it were, the then Roe vs. Wade would have been overturned decades ago. That is one case where I *wish* the Pope could overturn American law.This was only meant as fun discussion about unusual or outdated "facts".

Such as, untill very recently there was still a law on the books in Georgia that permited men to beat their wives once a week, providing they didn't use a stick larger that a half inch in diameter.

Of course if I would imagine if an abusive husband did use this defense in a court of law, he probably would have been charged with any number of other violations.

PostmodernProphet
03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
This was only meant as fun discussion about unusual or outdated "facts".

??/...you mean like "communists evolved from banana spiders"?.....those kind of "facts"?.....

HogTrash
03-30-2010, 07:04 AM
??/...you mean like "communists evolved from banana spiders"?.....those kind of "facts"?.....Exactly...