PDA

View Full Version : *CWN NEWS FLASH! GPS Devices Make Driver Dumber*

chesswarsnow
03-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Be careful if you have GPS turn by turn navigator.
2. Just using it makes you stupid.
3. You type in an address, and wait for some voice to tell you what to do.
4. It tells you to turn left, merge to the left, or right.
5. You just veg out waiting for it to say something.
6. While its training you to be stupid.
7. You look up and all of a sudden you've arrived.
8. Wheepeee!, you made it!!!:laugh2:
9. You are like a turtle with your head in the shell, waiting for directions like a complete idiot.
10. Its ruining your whole sense of being in the world.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
03-26-2010, 10:15 PM
It's technological advancement. They remove a human process, does that make you more stupid? Who's to know, would we be smarter without sat-navs? Or the internet? Or Calculators? Or the Alphabet? Who's to know, because how you gauge smartness it relitive to the usefulness of each device, to out and out say they make you dumber is a daft claim.

And again you have missed the words 'i think' in the topic title, as the OP is filled with no more than your opinion.

Gaffer
03-26-2010, 10:19 PM
It doesn't make you dumb. It makes you lazy. And more prone to accidents.

chesswarsnow
03-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. No I'm sure when people put their lives on *AUTO PILOT*, it makes you want to put all things on *AUTO PILOT*.
2. Which in turn makes you dumber.
3. Its *AUTOMATIC*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
03-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. No I'm sure when people put their lives on *AUTO PILOT*, it makes you want to put all things on *AUTO PILOT*.
2. Which in turn makes you dumber.
3. Its *AUTOMATIC*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Every jet I flew had an autopilot and we always used it for good reason. At the end of the day I'd drive my manual transmission truck 35 miles home without as much as a map. So much for dumb an lazy, huh? :laugh2:

chesswarsnow
03-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Sorry bout that,

It's technological advancement. They remove a human process, does that make you more stupid? Who's to know, would we be smarter without sat-navs? Or the internet? Or Calculators? Or the Alphabet? Who's to know, because how you gauge smartness it relitive to the usefulness of each device, to out and out say they make you dumber is a daft claim.

And again you have missed the words 'i think' in the topic title, as the OP is filled with no more than your opinion.

1. Its a *CWN FACT*, which means there's no actual study being done, its my *GUT FEELING*.:laugh2:
2. And yes because the students are allowed to cheat, to use a calulator, they are *Dumber*.
3. The internet is still an open book, you can get out of it different things, depends on what you use it for.
4. When people tune out of reality, they tune into stupidity.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
03-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Sure you can get into a tunnel vision while using GPS, it some how makes you rather arrogant about your driving skills, whipping through traffic, yelling at people to get out of your way, because a machine is telling you which way to turn, so, you must.
2. Never mind there's traffic to get around, hell with them!
3. Yeah I stand by my *CWN FACT* it does make you dumber!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
03-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

Every jet I flew had an autopilot and we always used it for good reason. At the end of the day I'd drive my manual transmission truck 35 miles home without as much as a map. So much for dumb an lazy, huh? :laugh2:

1. Well, ol dude, cars and planes are very different, there's no butt to butt traffic.
2. Its pretty much a straight line planes go in.
3. Auto Pilot on a plane is just a way to get some mile high action.
4. I bet you know al about that.
5. You ol dog.
6. You aren't checked out of reality, not yet, I can tell you got plenty of smarts left.:beer:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Trinity
03-27-2010, 08:33 PM

unless you end up like I did out in east bum f#$% lost..... roads closed because of wind storms and no idea how to get where you need to be....... oh and don't forget my gas light was on.....that was my lifesaver....however I think that was the only time I used it lol

Noir
03-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Its a *CWN FACT*, which means there's no actual study being done, its my *GUT FEELING*.:laugh2:
2. And yes because the students are allowed to cheat, to use a calulator, they are *Dumber*.
3. The internet is still an open book, you can get out of it different things, depends on what you use it for.
4. When people tune out of reality, they tune into stupidity.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The Internet is a collective of human memory, in the same way that a calculator is a collective of possible sums and their answers. Why does one collective make you dumber and the other does not?
If I may answer my own question, it's because they don't, they are simply extensions of self, using collective human input for the collective output of others.

chesswarsnow
03-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Sorry bout that,

The Internet is a collective of human memory, in the same way that a calculator is a collective of possible sums and their answers. Why does one collective make you dumber and the other does not?
If I may answer my own question, it's because they don't, they are simply extensions of self, using collective human input for the collective output of others.

1. The use of a calulator is sort of the same as the use of a GPS, both allowing to the ends, but neither reveals how you got there.
2. You just push some buttons and wait for the end.
3. Yup, its a dumbing agent.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas