PDA

View Full Version : CNN up to it's old tricks again - Tea Party rally turnout

BoogyMan
03-28-2010, 11:56 AM
The Searchlight Tea Party meeting as described by Fredericka Whitfield of Mr. Obama's CNN support team.

"Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin there in Searchlight, Nev., was the backyard of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, but today it's the backdrop of this Tea Party Express - making a stop here," Whitfield said. "Hundreds of people, at least dozens of people - we haven't gotten a count of how many people turned out there. We heard Sarah Palin talk about everything about the campaign, to unseat Sen. Reid to what she calls ObamaCare, on the heels of that health care vote and even talking about her definition of her love of America." (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeff-poor/2010/03/27/cnn-lowballs-nevada-tea-party-event-hundreds-people-least-dozens-people-p)

Pictures from less biased sources and even the video where the CNN commenter claims there were dozens show the idiot comment to be false. Politico is estimating the crowd at 20000 (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/35110.html).

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/searchlight-tp.jpg

Gaffer
03-28-2010, 12:27 PM
yeah sure looks like a dozen or so to me. They blatantly lie and expect people to actually believe them.

The commies are going to get run out of washington despite the media propaganda.

Trigg
03-28-2010, 12:31 PM
thank goodness for the internet and Fox news. Otherwise we'd have no idea what is REALLY going on out there.

Gaffer
03-28-2010, 12:50 PM
thank goodness for the internet and Fox news. Otherwise we'd have no idea what is REALLY going on out there.

Especially the internet as I don't fully trust FOX any more either. I'm not interested in fair and balanced I'm interested in the truth. Giving liars a forum to lie more is not balanced.

OldMercsRule
03-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Most of the Sunday show Liberal talking heads celebrated the passage of health care and emphasized that the rhetoric of Republicans and that their graphics had a violent meaning.

They stated that the passages of FDR's Social Security and LBJ's Medicare had similar contemporary sour grapes. (Seems both programs have eventually led to long term insolvency issues). Health care at this time of profound financial weakness will crush us much MUCH quicker.

The elites in the main stream media are disconnected and that is why they are also headed for bankruptcy.

The large announced write downs of corporations due to taxes on retiree benifits in the health care bill and the three failed US Treasury auctions last week are indications of the beginning of a gathering storm.

God help us once it gets rolling.

The powerful year long rally of equities off the lows last March continues to "climb a wall of worry", butt: if the bond market participants continue to avoid auctions and force monitization of treasuries the equity rally will eventually stall and form a top and gravity will again reassert itself.

If this happens prior to November, (as I feel is likely), it should help the political rout of dim wit Democrats.

My overpriced $.02