PDA

View Full Version : Pat Sajak - Obamacare Opponents Racist?

SassyLady
03-29-2010, 07:09 PM
I didn't even know that Mr. Sajak was also a columnist...found this interesting article that he wrote about a NY Times columnist (and I don't think he thinks too highly of the paper or the author).

Opposed to Obamacare? Then You Must Be a Racist
by Pat Sajak

03/29/2010

Frank Rich spent many years as the theater critic for the New York Times, where, at worst, his venom could cause a Broadway production or two to close down.

Now, however, Mr. Rich opines on political and social issues for the Times, and, while the results are usually mildly amusing (even if unintentionally so), his reach has grown a bit, so the damage he causes can travel beyond the footlights. I’m not sure why anyone turns to Rich for political analysis—heck, you might as well read the rantings of a TV game show host—but the Gray Lady continues to pay him for his weekly column, and, at the rate she’s bleeding money, that’s no small sacrifice.

Anyway, Mr. Rich has apparently been able to get to the bottom of the vocal opposition to the “healthcare reform” bill that was recently gently shepherded through Congress.

It turns out, according to his well-crafted analysis, that it’s not the bill that’s got people in an uproar; rather, what we’re facing is the death rattle of a dwindling cadre of white, racist, sexist, homophobic males terrified by the ascent of people of color, women and gays.

As the ever-tolerant Rich reasons: “The conjunction of a black President and a female speaker of the House — topped off by a wise Latina on the Supreme Court and a powerful gay congressional committee chairman — would sow fears of disenfranchisement among a dwindling and threatened minority in the country no matter what policies were in play.”

So that’s it. It’s just a bunch of scared, white males who would yelp about anything this gang came up with. As Rich makes clear, this is merely a replay of the opposition to the Voting Rights Act of 1964. You get it? If you express opposition to the bill, you’re a racist, sexist homophobe.

Mr. Rich is shocked by the level of anger in the land, and he fears for the safety of our elected officials, much as I’m sure he did during the George W. Bush administration. He calls on Republican leaders to distance themselves from the more radical voices among them, echoing the demands I’m sure he made of the Democrats during the last campaign.

Welcome to post-racial America, where those who oppose a piece of legislation must defend themselves against the scurrilous charges of a man who seems much better suited to reviewing “Cats”. (He liked it, by the way.) This was a particularly shameful column, and the millions of Americans who oppose this legislation are owed an apology. Are they right? Are they wrong? Let’s discuss it. Let’s debate it. Let’s yell and scream if we want to. But would it be too much to ask that we approach the matter based on its merits and leave the psychobabble to Dr. Phil?

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36241

red states rule
03-30-2010, 03:46 AM
When liberals are confronted with facts on the "hate" coming from the right - they fold up like lawn chair

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdkU8z4zvk" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdkU8z4zvk" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

CSM
03-30-2010, 05:31 AM
What a bunch of crap. It's ok to "rip the heart out of Dick Cheney" because the end justifies the means. The left may not have cornered the market on common sense but they sure have got hypocricy down pat!

HogTrash
03-30-2010, 06:53 AM
ie...America, beware the evil white man, for it is he who is the enemy of progress and the hater of other people's skin color.

Well how about that?...All white males who don't support the new progressive movement have been lumped right in there with me. :lmao:

Hey, that includes all of you good white men who have accused me of hating people for "the color of their skin". :laugh:

I know-I know-I know..."But it's true about you Hog!"...Welcome to 'Club Honky' boys. :thumb:

Are you still too stupid to get it? :dunno: "Can anybody read the writing on the wall yet?"

You people had better clear the PC bullshit outta your heads and do something before it's too damn late!

:read:

Trigg
03-30-2010, 10:57 AM
When liberals are confronted with facts on the "hate" coming from the right - they fold up like lawn chair

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdkU8z4zvk" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdkU8z4zvk" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

I actually LOVE to see things like this. It just shows the blatant bias of the MSM today.

Here is a man who says right off that he condemns violence on both sides. No argument from him.

Meanwhile Ed comes off as a raving loon.

SassyLady
03-30-2010, 01:55 PM
who is this idiot?

stephanie
03-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Sajak has always been pretty conservative, I've read some of his stuff before.

good article by Mr. Sajak and sooooooo true.

Accusing people of being Racist against the Obama is a way to shut people up. DON'T FALL FOR IT. we Must stand up and speak and fight back..:salute:

red states rule
03-30-2010, 05:29 PM
This is the only thing trhe left can do. Keep playing the race cards. Keep talking about the "hate"

That way, they do not have to talk about, explain, and justify what is actually in Obamacre and the expensive mandates it has on businesses

red states rule
03-30-2010, 05:52 PM
and the NY Times is doing its part to smear middle class folks who are fed up with the spending, the growing deficits, the growth of government, and the politicans who ignore what they have to say

The second element is a specific target clearly associated with the outrage. A law to change. A politician to remove. A company to shut down. “If the target is too big, too vague — say, the health care bill, which means many things — well, then the anger can be hard to sustain,” Dr. Polletta said. “It gets exhausting.”

Not that the rage, or the risk of escalation, necessarily goes away. If a group with enduring gripes is shut out of the political process, and begins to shed active members, it can leave behind a radical core. This is precisely what happened in the 1960s, when the domestic terrorist group known as the Weather Underground emerged from the larger, more moderate anti-war Students for a Democratic Society, Dr. McCauley said. “The SDS had 100,000 members and, frustrated politically at every step, people started to give up,” he said. “The result was that you had this condensation of a small, more radical base of activists who decided to escalate the violence.”

Given the shifting political terrain, the diversity of views in the antigovernment groups, and their potential political impact, experts say they expect that very few are ready to take the more radical step.

“Once you take that step to act violently, it’s very difficult to turn back,” Dr. Blee said. “It puts the group, and the person, on a very different path.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/weekinreview/28carey.html?scp=2&sq=benedict%20carey&st=cse

REDWHITEBLUE2
03-30-2010, 10:10 PM
If You Oppose obama care You just might be a Racist
If You work with more then 50% White People You might just be a Racist
If you Listen To Rush Limbaugh You just might be a Racist
If You Disagree with anything Democrats say You just might be a Racist

Maybe Jeff Foxworthy can start a new line of You Might be Jokes :dance: