PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC: Firearms deaths fall as millions obtain permits to carry concealed guns

crin63
03-31-2010, 11:58 AM
As Californians sit waiting for the state to become a, "Shall Issue" state even the most Liberal of news organizations can see the reality of gun ownership. Guns save lives!

Its a very lengthy article but just the headline says enough.

Record numbers now licensed to pack heat
Firearms deaths fall as millions obtain permits to carry concealed guns

Mike Stuckey
Senior news editor

Waving a chromed semiautomatic pistol, the robber pushed into the building in the bustling Five Points neighborhood of Columbia, S.C., just before 11 p.m. on April 11, 2009. “Gimme what you got!” he yelled, his gun hand trembling.

Attorney Jim Corley was one of four people in the room, the lounge area of a 12-step recovery group’s meeting hall. “He said, ‘Give me your wallet,’” Corley recalled. “So I reached around to my back pocket and gave him what was there.”

Unfortunately for the gunman, later identified as Kayson Helms, 18, of Edison, N.J., that was Corley’s tiny Kel-Tec .32, hidden in a wallet holster and loaded with a half-dozen hollow points. Corley fired once into the robber’s abdomen. The young man turned. Corley fired twice more, hitting him in the neck and again in the torso. Helms ran into the night and collapsed to die on a railroad embankment 100 feet away.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34714389/ns/us_news-life/Waving

SassyLady
03-31-2010, 03:35 PM
As Californians sit waiting for the state to become a, "Shall Issue" state even the most Liberal of news organizations can see the reality of gun ownership. Guns save lives!

Its a very lengthy article but just the headline says enough.

My son-in-law and brother both carry concealed and I always feel safer around them. And, even though we have dogs, perimeter and house security, I like having my gun close by just in case.

And, yes, I would continue shooting even if they turned and ran.....don't come in my house uninvited unless you are willing to face the consequences. And if I could, I would make sure they never invaded my house or someone else's.

namvet
03-31-2010, 03:39 PM
even Osama voters buy weapons

SassyLady
03-31-2010, 03:44 PM
even Osama voters buy weapons

well, crap! :cheers2:

namvet
03-31-2010, 03:56 PM
just before and after the election they filled the guns stores go figure :laugh2: