PDA

View Full Version : Officers suspended after using Taser on 10-year-old

DragonStryk72
04-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Police stunned, slapped unruly boy at Indiana daycare
Last Updated: Thursday, April 1, 2010 | 9:33 PM ET Comments75Recommend41.
The Associated Press
Two police officers called to a central Indiana home daycare to subdue an unruly 10-year-old boy have been suspended after one used a stun gun on the child and another slapped him in the mouth.

The child suffered no significant injuries in the incident, which happened Tuesday.

Both officers have been placed on paid administrative leave while the confrontation in Martinsville is being investigated.

'It's not really made for 10-year-olds.'
—Jon Davis, Martinsville police chief

Martinsville police Chief Jon Davis said he believed the two officers could have restrained the 94-pound boy without using force. Davis said the Morgan County Sheriff's Department was investigating and an internal review was planned on the officer's use of the conducted energy weapon, commonly known as a Taser.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/04/01/police-indiana-taser-daycare.html?ref=rss#ixzz0juLM0Tpx

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/04/01/police-indiana-taser-daycare.html?ref=rss

I wouldn't have just suspended them, I'm sorry, but if you can't work out the mental math that tasering a ten year old is a bad thing to do, you need to not be wearing a badge. I'm a big fan of cops and all, but come on, this is just insane.

actsnoblemartin
04-01-2010, 10:04 PM
what if the ten year old is 6-2 200 pounds?

I wouldn't have just suspended them, I'm sorry, but if you can't work out the mental math that tasering a ten year old is a bad thing to do, you need to not be wearing a badge. I'm a big fan of cops and all, but come on, this is just insane.

DragonStryk72
04-01-2010, 10:20 PM
what if the ten year old is 6-2 200 pounds?

he wasn't, he was 96 pounds. No kid is going to get that big, it's a pure hypothetical. And I checked, it's not an april fools article.

actsnoblemartin
04-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Shaw was that big at ten, and yeah, i was kinda being silly with ya

I dont think tazing 10 year olds is generally a good idea

he wasn't, he was 96 pounds. No kid is going to get that big, it's a pure hypothetical. And I checked, it's not an april fools article.

darin
04-02-2010, 04:10 AM
...I'd stun the kid's parents for raising such a BRAT...10:1 that kid will be a liberal.

DragonStryk72
04-02-2010, 05:38 PM
...I'd stun the kid's parents for raising such a BRAT...10:1 that kid will be a liberal.

I just see him not being that big a fan of cops