PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter Everyone

Kathianne
04-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Finished with my cleaning yesterday and also my menu. Today is get to the store and do whatever prepping I can. 7 for dinner, 12-15 for dessert. Here's my menu, where's yours?

Easter Dinner

Ham
Roasted Asparagus (double)
Deviled Eggs (dozen)
Scalloped Potatoes with Creme Fraiche
Baked beans
Pineapple upside down cake
Snow Pea and Green Beans Salad
Tomato, Pepper and Onion Salad
Dinner Rolls
Pop
Wine/Beer/Champagne
Paula bringing jello

http://i41.tinypic.com/s41dt1.jpg

Jeff
04-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Happy Easter to you and yours also Kat, and to all the people on DP and there families

Shadow
04-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Kathianne,

Sounds like you are going to be busy..and your menu sounds great! Hope you have a good Easter!

Made Easter cupcakes for my daughters soccer team last night,which was kinda fun...until my daughter went to bed and left me to finish it by myself...kids.

Easter we are going to my mom's. I tried to talk her into going out to eat but she wants to grill steaks. This will be a first...usually she likes the big traditional dinner. I'm all for something easier though.

Have a good day!

Kathianne
04-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Kathianne,

Sounds like you are going to be busy..and your menu sounds great! Hope you have a good Easter!

Made Easter cupcakes for my daughters soccer team last night,which was kinda fun...until my daughter went to bed and left me to finish it by myself...kids.

Easter we are going to my mom's. I tried to talk her into going out to eat but she wants to grill steaks. This will be a first...usually she likes the big traditional dinner. I'm all for something easier though.

Have a good day!

Thanks just finished all my shopping. Was able to get the first $160 at Target, had to run to Home Goods for some table stuff. Then to local grocery for a few odds and ends.

Going to have a cuppa then make the cake. I figure I'll prep all the veggies for the salads today and get them assembled tomorrow. The beans are soaking and I think I'll go ahead and fry up a bit of bacon for them, (I know lots of people put it in raw, it cooks, but not my kids-no they want the cooked bacon).

Company not coming until 4-4:30 so lots of time to get ready. I'm very happy that I have Monday off!

chloe
04-03-2010, 03:46 PM
I like Easter better then Christmas. I am tired today, I drove across the stateline to nevada yesterday to gamble and just got home. I have no plans for Easter except to think about what the idea of Easter means ins spiritual and religious interpretations. So Happy Easter everyone.:cool:

Kathianne
04-04-2010, 07:32 AM
I like Easter better then Christmas. I am tired today, I drove across the stateline to nevada yesterday to gamble and just got home. I have no plans for Easter except to think about what the idea of Easter means ins spiritual and religious interpretations. So Happy Easter everyone.:cool:

Nearly finished with my first cuppa. Talked to my SIL's mom, she's coming at 3:30, so everything has moved up an hour.

Last night made the pineapple upside down cake, while it looks divine I, of course, had a major disaster in preparation.

First I start melting the brown sugar and butter, reading ahead see I need a 10" round cake pan. All of mine are 9" or 8". Turn off flame and run to Home Goods. Find a baking round, 9.5", figure it will have to do. Realize that it has arched handles, can't lay the cake plate flat on the lip to turn over.

Ah! I'll use my 9.5" springform pan, (I ruled that out at first because it wasn't 10" and figured might not be good to have that moveable bottom.)
Seems I was correct on the bottom business. :eek:

My neighbor/friend/insurance agent came over just as I finally put the cake in the 325 oven. We poured coffee and I was clearing out dishwasher, I asked her, "Do you have a set of table cutlery I can borrow? Mine needs to be polished." She realized all hers were at second home, where they do most of their entertaining. So I got the kid to get mine and pulled out the silver polisher, I'd put the friend to work. Luckily there were only perhaps 15 pieces that needed attention, so we got to work.

After perhaps 15 minutes, the oven starts pouring smoke. I opened the door, another cloud rafts out-burning sugar. Turn the vent on high, start the paddle fan in kitchen, open both sliding doors and windows. Smoke stops. We continue working on silver. One son walks down to kitchen, "Kinda smoky in here, how's the cake? When can we throw a pizza in?" After nasty look from me to him, the oven starts smoking again. He runs upstairs and turns on the whole house fan! Opens windows. My friend says, "Really, never let any future insurance agents know your smoke detectors aren't working!" :laugh2: She ran home and got batteries, I'm like, "You really want all that noise on top of the smoke?" Today I'll have the kid replace the batteries.

The cake though is gorgeous! The oven is self-cleaning-the spilled sugar came off like a pizza sized black lace! One more cup of coffee and I've got to get my butt in gear!

Happy Easter!

red states rule
04-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Just finished watch "The Ten Commandments" - could not stay up and watch it all last night.

Going to do a little cleaning today, and take it easy before going back to work in the morning

Hope everyone has a great Easter - and God bless you and your families

Kathianne
04-04-2010, 07:39 AM
I've got my coffee and getting ready to rock and roll. First salads, then get the kids to vacuum and polish furniture, put leaf in dining room table, set table. LOL! Last minute cleaning of bathroom.

While I hate the last minute stuff, even with the black smoke the house is pretty good, I've been off over a week.

Hey RSR, I'm off tomorrow! :dance:

KarlMarx
04-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Just finished watch "The Ten Commandments" - could not stay up and watch it all last night.

Happy Easter everyone - so let it be written, so let it be done! :)

Abbey Marie
04-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Happy Easter everyone - so let it be written, so let it be done! :)

:thumb:

SassyLady
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Happy Easter to everyone!!!