PDA

View Full Version : Donovan McNabb traded to Redskins

red states rule
04-05-2010, 04:48 AM
Things might be a liitle better in Washington this year

PHILADELPHIA — Donovan McNabb is changing uniforms and staying in the NFC East.

The Philadelphia Eagles traded McNabb to the Washington Redskins for a pair of draft picks on Sunday night. The Eagles will receive a second-round pick (37th overall) in this month's NFL draft and either a third- or fourth-round pick next year.

"Donovan McNabb was more than a franchise quarterback for this team," Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie said. "He truly embodied all of the attributes of a great quarterback and of a great person. He has been an excellent representative of this organization and the entire National Football League both on and off the field. I look forward to honoring him as one of the greatest Eagles of all-time and hopefully see him enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton one day."

The trade is the boldest move to date for new Redskins coach Mike Shanahan and could spell the end in Washington for Jason Campbell, the starter for 3 seasons. Shanahan already has signed free agent Rex Grossman as a backup and has been actively scouting the top quarterbacks available in next month's draft, when the Redskins will have the No. 4 overall pick.

"Welcome to our newest teammate to DC!" cornerback DeAngelo Hall posted on Twitter. "Really excited about what Coach Shanahan and (general manager) Bruce Allen are doing to help us compete for a championship!"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/apr/04/donovan-mcnabb-traded-redskins/

actsnoblemartin
04-05-2010, 04:50 AM
good luck to your skins, i just saw this. I think mcnabb is a class act, and excellent on the field general

Things might be a liitle better in Washington this year

Insein
04-06-2010, 08:58 PM
This pisses me off. Yea we were going to trade him. But why to a DIVISION RIVAL!?!? WTF!?! Send him to Oakland or Buffalo. Jesus now we have to watch twice a year while he more than likely beats us. And just a second round pick? For a top 10 QB? I just don't get it.

Kolb is going to be fine but the eagles are going to be 7-9 this year most likely. Growing pains happen when your teams average age is 25.

jackass
04-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Very interesting turn of events here. Sure makes these teams seeing each other 2x a season alot more interesting. Donovan NEVER got the respect he deserved from those people. Ahh..what do you expect...they are from Philly...hahahaha.

P.S.
No offense Insein...

Insein
04-06-2010, 09:05 PM
The sad thing, JA, is that its a very vocal minority of Assholes that are getting the airplay. Two reasons why. Angelo Cataldi, resident dipshit sports talk host, is basically having a holiday for McNabb leaving. This just brings all the vermin out of the woodwork. These subhumans act like we just made Washington worse by sending him there. Second is the national media is picking out these assholes to prove the tired old stereotype of Mean old Philly fans. Because we all know that Philly fans are the only ones that have ever booed their teams for bad play. :rolleyes:

red states rule
04-07-2010, 03:30 AM
It was a business move by Dan Snyder. I heard on the radio alot of season ticket woners were holding on to their renewal notices and not sending in their check

After several back to back lousy seasons people were hesitant to shell out the big bucks to watch them lose again

I am waiting to hear how many renewal ordfers come in over the week or so

This may make the Skins competitve once again (I hope)