PDA

View Full Version : Marching for right to bare breasts, women faced with sea of cameras

Mr. P
04-05-2010, 02:26 PM
This kid has a lot to learn. :laugh2:

April 4
Marching for right to bare breasts, women faced with sea of cameras
The picture-taking bothers the event's organizer, who says partial female nudity shouldn't be remarkable.

By Edward D. Murphy emurphy@mainetoday.com
Staff Writer

PORTLAND - About two dozen women took a walk down Congress Street topless Saturday, attracting a large crowd as they tried to preach that partial female nudity is not worthy of attracting a crowd.

The point of the march was that a topless woman out in public should attract no more attention than a man walking around without a shirt on, said Ty MacDowell, 20, of Westbrook, who organized Saturday's event and promoted it on Facebook.

But as the event got under way in Longfellow Square, the marchers were soon outnumbered by scores of onlookers -- mostly young men eagerly snapping away with cameras and cell phones.

MacDowell said she was surprised by the turnout of those interested less in challenging societal convention than in seeing partially undressed women.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/marching-for-right-to-bare-breasts-women-faced-with-sea-of-cameras_2010-04-04.html

HogTrash
04-05-2010, 02:30 PM
I can see their points.

KarlMarx
04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I thought Sunday was the day of breast

PostmodernProphet
04-05-2010, 02:50 PM
MacDowell said she was surprised by the turnout of those interested less in challenging societal convention than in seeing partially undressed women.

???....she was?.....

Trigg
04-05-2010, 07:44 PM
These women have nothing better to do than parade around half naked and then bitch because people gawked?????

:lame2:

I wouldn't want to see out of shape men walking around without shirts, so why would I want to see women walking around without shirts?????????

If your out in public PUT A SHIRT ON, why does that particular "social convention" need changing????????

Abbey Marie
04-06-2010, 11:51 PM
These women have nothing better to do than parade around half naked and then bitch because people gawked?????

:lame2:

I wouldn't want to see out of shape men walking around without shirts, so why would I want to see women walking around without shirts?????????

If your out in public PUT A SHIRT ON, why does that particular "social convention" need changing????????

I agree, Trigg. The number of people who look good without their shirt on, is very small, imo.

actsnoblemartin
04-07-2010, 02:31 AM
its called common decency, women and men should show their body to their husband or wife.

not to everyone.