PDA

View Full Version : Office Of Special Counsel Is Onto Karl Rove

Baron Von Esslingen
04-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Well, it looks like fired USA David Iglasias is going to get the last laugh on the guy who engineered his downfall. I love it when republicans fight amongst themselves to see who is the most obsequious. That Hatch Act is a real bitch to get around.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A small federal agency responsible for safeguarding federal employees from political coercion has launched an extensive investigation into the activities of the White House's political operation and its architect, Karl Rove.

The U.S. Office of Special Counsel is looking into whether Rove -- President Bush's longtime trusted political strategist -- or other White House aides violated federal law by making political presentations to government employees in the run-up to last year's midterm elections.

"We will do a thorough job. We will not leave any stone unturned," said Scott Bloch, a Kansas lawyer appointed by Bush to head the agency in 2003. "We will be fair, we will be impartial, and we will be thorough." (Watch what makes this probe different )

Bloch confirmed that Rove will be a focus of his investigation.

"Mr. Rove is a respected individual in the White House, and we plan to do our job with professionalism," he said.

The investigation centers on allegations that officials with the White House political operation improperly made presentations to employees in a number of federal agencies, encouraging them to find ways to support Republican candidates in the midterm elections. The practice came to light when some employees at the General Services Administration complained.

While the White House has insisted the practice was proper, Bloch said his agency will look at whether these presentations violated the Hatch Act by using federal resources for partisan political activity, coercing subordinates to engage in political activity or using "official authority or influence" to affect the outcome of an election.

Bloch's office of 106 employees investigates violations of the federal Civil Service Act and the Hatch Act. The agency is also charged with protecting federal whistle-blowers from retaliation.

The agency cannot bring criminal charges, but it does have subpoena power and can recommend sanctions -- including termination -- against federal officials who violate federal laws imposed to protect workers.

"We don't have slaps on the wrists. We have actual disciplinary action we obtain," Bloch said. "The higher up you go in the chain, the higher level an official you are, the higher the standards for your behavior."

Bloch insisted that his support for Bush in the last two presidential elections will not affect his investigation.

"We are an independent federal agency. Anyone who knows me and knows my performance here in the job knows we have obtained corrective action for many individuals who have been aggrieved in the federal government," he said.

Bloch said he anticipated full cooperation from the White House.

E-mail accounts, attorney firing also under investigation

The agency is also investigating the use of Republican Party e-mail accounts by administration officials and the controversial firing of a U.S. attorney in New Mexico, now at the center of a congressional investigation.

Some e-mails in a GOP account outside of the White House system were not retained, and Democrats have demanded to know whether the accounts were being used to hide potentially damaging information.

The Office of Special Counsel is also responsible for protecting the job rights of National Guard and Reserve members who are called away for military duty. In that capacity, Bloch is looking into whether David Iglesias, one of eight U.S. attorneys dismissed earlier this year, was punished for missing work to serve in the Navy Reserve.

Iglesias, who was the U.S. attorney for New Mexico until he was replaced in February, was cited as an "absentee landlord" in a Justice Department document laying out reasons for his termination. William Moschella, the No. 3 official at Justice, told a House subcommittee in March that Iglesias was fired because he delegated too much responsibility to his deputy.

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' former chief of staff, Kyle Sampson, recently told the Senate Judiciary Committee that Iglesias was added to the list of prosecutors to be replaced after the midterm elections, and that Rove had complained Iglesias had not pursued voter fraud cases aggressively enough.

Iglesias has said he felt "leaned on" when two Republican members of New Mexico's congressional delegation, Sen. Pete Domenici and Rep. Heather Wilson, called him to inquire about pending corruption cases against state Democrats before the election.The End Is Near (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/24/rove.probe/index.html?eref=rss_topstories)

glockmail
04-25-2007, 09:24 AM
You libs have been focused on Rove ever since he beat you senseless in 2000. Get over it. :laugh2:

loosecannon
04-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Well, it looks like fired USA David Iglasias is going to get the last laugh on the guy who engineered his downfall. I love it when republicans fight amongst themselves to see who is the most obsequious. That Hatch Act is a real bitch to get around.

The End Is Near (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/24/rove.probe/index.html?eref=rss_topstories)

Thanks Baron. The avalanche of investigations and agencies opposed to the excesses of the B WH will only grow until Bush steps down.

darin
04-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Loose - you summarized exactly why Libs hate the War, and hate the USA. It's really all about BUSH. You ETREMISTS hate the man, therefor NOTHING he decides will be good-enough. You can't see past your hatred and partisanship.

The REAL story is NOT the story - it's the result.

loosecannon
04-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Loose - you summarized exactly why Libs hate the War, and hate the USA. It's really all about BUSH. You ETREMISTS hate the man, therefor NOTHING he decides will be good-enough. You can't see past your hatred and partisanship.

I don't hate Bush dmp, I hate him being the president.

I also hate his war, the win at all costs style of the GOP for the last 6 years and the unitary executive theme.

The 500 plus signing statements alone are enough to convince anybody that Bush intends to act without reference to the law.

The torture and secret prisons and violations of the geneva convention also set me at opposition to this admin.

The appointment of his own private attorneys to the AG position and the SC indicate a desire to govern with extreme nepotism.

But I could go on for 100 pages

Baron Von Esslingen
04-25-2007, 05:41 PM
You libs have been focused on Rove ever since he beat you senseless in 2000. Get over it. :laugh2:

As Iglasius said last night on television: "No one is above the law."

Get over it yourself.

Baron Von Esslingen
04-25-2007, 05:57 PM

You couldn't be more wrong.

The people that really hate America are the people who want everyone else to shut up so they can do selfishly what THEY want to do with no one telling them differently.

The people that hate America are the people that allow their political comrades to break the law with no consequences and complain when there are consequences.

The people that hate America are the people that think THEY ALONE have all the answers to the problems that beset this nation and they don't have to consult anyone in the process.

The people that hate America are trying their damndest to cover up all their shortcomings, demonize anyone who disagrees with them and spews hate filled invective to anyone who will listen.

The people that hate America don't realize that this country does not belong to them but to everyone. Winning an election does not entitle you to claim ownership, merely service to this great land.

Conservatives are the crowd that fit this description and that's why their ideas are in descent all over the land. People are tired of their self-righteous arrogance and their "look the other way" philosophy when it comes to the wrong doers in their own party. It's why you lost in 2006 and it's why you'll lose in 2008. You just don't get it.

Simply, you can't see the forest for the trees until one of them falls on your head. It won't make a noise but it change how you look at things and it may temper some of that bitterness you seem to carry with you wherever you go.

Rove's in big trouble and when Bush's Brain goes, the country will be better off for it.

glockmail
04-25-2007, 07:15 PM

Get over it yourself. :lame2:

Psychoblues
04-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Like he said, gm, "Get over yourself."

:lame2:

Your response is :lame2:

Hobbit
04-30-2007, 12:00 AM
The 'special' prosecutor being 'on' somebody is about like 'Paris Hilton' being 'on' somebody. It says more about the prosecutor than the person they're investigating. It's said that a DA could indict a ham sandwich. A special prosecutor could ruin hundreds of lives in an attempt to convict.

Psychoblues
04-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Please continue with that train of thought, hibbit.

The 'special' prosecutor being 'on' somebody is about like 'Paris Hilton' being 'on' somebody. It says more about the prosecutor than the person they're investigating. It's said that a DA could indict a ham sandwich. A special prosecutor could ruin hundreds of lives in an attempt to convict.

Go back to 1992 through 2007. This will be an exciting and informative conversation. But, I must warn you. I have my shit together and you have only an idea.

Get it on, cowboy.

Baron Von Esslingen
04-30-2007, 12:59 AM

I think that's exactly what Susan McDougal used to say about Kenneth Starr (who used every bribery technique known to the GOP to try and get her to flip on Bubba and she wouldn't budge). In THIS case however, we're not looking into a land deal but the raw deal that eight USAs got at the hands of the roly-poly brain de Bush. If just one life gets ruined (his) I'll consider that a fair trade.

Baron Von Esslingen
04-30-2007, 01:00 AM

Is that all you got? Sorry. It's not enough.

Psychoblues
04-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Seriously, BVE.

Is that all you got? Sorry. It's not enough.

That's about all that gm has to offer. He/she does try, however, and that's a good thing.

Samantha
04-30-2007, 01:34 AM

You're so wrong it's not even funny. What's the IQ requirement to be an admin on this site anyway?

That's your insult payback for calling me a liar on the other thread. I guess if admins are allowed to call posters liars, I can call you a stupid dumbass, right?

Psychoblues
04-30-2007, 02:04 AM
Sammi, seriously, I want to apologize to you for anything "dmp" has had to offend you.

You're so wrong it's not even funny. What's the IQ requirement to be an admin on this site anyway?

That's your insult payback for calling me a liar on the other thread. I guess if admins are allowed to call posters liars, I can call you a stupid dumbass, right?

"dmp" is only a moderator/administrator much like the shrub is only the "pResident".

I would advise you to at least call out a chickenshit in the proper venue. This is not the venue to call out "dmp". Refer to the other thread. Post it, as it is obscured, and you will have back up if you deserve it. Dig it?

loosecannon
04-30-2007, 11:05 AM
You couldn't be more wrong.

The people that really hate America are the people who want everyone else to shut up so they can do selfishly what THEY want to do with no one telling them differently.

The people that hate America are the people that allow their political comrades to break the law with no consequences and complain when there are consequences.

The people that hate America are the people that think THEY ALONE have all the answers to the problems that beset this nation and they don't have to consult anyone in the process.

The people that hate America are trying their damndest to cover up all their shortcomings, demonize anyone who disagrees with them and spews hate filled invective to anyone who will listen.

The people that hate America don't realize that this country does not belong to them but to everyone. Winning an election does not entitle you to claim ownership, merely service to this great land.

Conservatives are the crowd that fit this description and that's why their ideas are in descent all over the land. People are tired of their self-righteous arrogance and their "look the other way" philosophy when it comes to the wrong doers in their own party. It's why you lost in 2006 and it's why you'll lose in 2008. You just don't get it.

Simply, you can't see the forest for the trees until one of them falls on your head. It won't make a noise but it change how you look at things and it may temper some of that bitterness you seem to carry with you wherever you go.

Rove's in big trouble and when Bush's Brain goes, the country will be better off for it.

Damn, I wish I had said that!

We can expect Tenet to be a key witness slam dunking the case against the WH.

loosecannon
04-30-2007, 09:38 PM
The Gonzo case is about to get really ugly:

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales signed a highly confidential order in March 2006 delegating to two of his top aides -- who have since resigned because of their central roles in the firings of eight U.S. attorneys -- extraordinary authority over the hiring and firing of most non-civil-service employees of the Justice Department. A copy of the order and other Justice Department records related to the conception and implementation of the order were provided to National Journal.

In the order, Gonzales delegated to his then-chief of staff, D. Kyle Sampson, and his White House liaison "the authority, with the approval of the Attorney General, to take final action in matters pertaining to the appointment, employment, pay, separation, and general administration" of virtually all non-civil-service employees of the Justice Department, including all of the department's political appointees who do not require Senate confirmation. Monica Goodling became White House liaison in April 2006, the month after Gonzales signed the order.

The existence of the order suggests that a broad effort was under way by the White House to place politically and ideologically loyal appointees throughout the Justice Department, not just at the U.S.-attorney level. Department records show that the personnel authority was delegated to the two aides at about the same time they were working with the White House in planning the firings of a dozen U.S. attorneys, eight of whom were, in fact, later dismissed.

A senior executive branch official familiar with the delegation of authority said in an interview that -- as was the case with the firings of the U.S. attorneys and the selection of their replacements -- the two aides intended to work closely with White House political aides and the White House counsel's office in deciding which senior Justice Department officials to dismiss and whom to appoint to their posts. "It was an attempt to make the department more responsive to the political side of the White House and to do it in such a way that people would not know it was going on," the official said.

This is the smoking gun folks. It ties the WH to the absolute politicization (obstruction of Justice) of the Justice dept because the two personel tasked with firing, hiring an screening all DOJ staff for partisan qualifications:

1)have resigned in the wake of the scandal

2)and one was THE WH LIASON for the DOJ

3)And one of those assigned to reshape the entire staff at the DOJ along party lines has refused to testify before congress for fear of incriminating herself.

NO WONDER! She was assigned to a job whose very description was the obstruction of justice throughout the Justice Dept.

And we now have the order signed by Gonzales that is the smoking gun.

Watergate will look quaint when this fire is extinguished

This is a administration wide criminal conspiracy

stephanie
04-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Start impeachment......So many PROVEN LIES.......
It's the Democrats DUTY...http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif

Arrest Condi Rice.....

Tenet is now the sweetheart of the Democrats...But he was also the head of the CIA under the Clinton administration where we had three terrorist attacks on us in other Countries...And the mother of them all under the Bush administation........9/11..

Go Tenet, Go.. Your loved and respected.........http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif
We trust every friggen word that comes out of your ass......

Kick Gonzo to the curb....I could care less..

Cut off funding for the Iraq war......

Go Democrats.......GO..

ra ra ra.....http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif

Hello 2008:cheers2:

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Yeah, we're going alright. We're going up to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and kick out the Worst. President. Ever. from his undeserved job and bring respect back to America. As if you cared about whether anyone ever respected us again...

629 days and counting, deary.

stephanie
05-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Yeah, we're going alright. We're going up to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and kick out the Worst. President. Ever. from his undeserved job and bring respect back to America. As if you cared about whether anyone ever respected us again...

629 days and counting, deary.

:laugh2: Ya all want to claim President Bush is the worst...

I guess you all weren't born when Jimmy Carter was President????
A DEMOCRAT.....Thank friggin goodness we all survived him.....

I don't care if ya all tried to pin this title on Bush...He's not my Favorite...
President Reagan was........

As long as you all take claim FOR THE WORST EVER PRESIDENT...Jimmy Carter...And then you all selected a playboy, adulter,impeached one....
You all don't have much luck with your alls.......Picks.......:laugh2:

glockmail
05-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Like he said, gm, "Get over yourself."....
Your response is :lame2:
Where's the love, man?

diuretic
05-01-2007, 06:52 AM
I've got a guitar lying around here somewhere. Anyone know what key "Kumbaya" is in?

stephanie
05-01-2007, 12:03 PM
I've got a guitar lying around here somewhere. Anyone know what key "Kumbaya" is in?

:laugh2:

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 12:46 PM
:laugh2: Ya all want to claim President Bush is the worst...

I guess you all weren't born when Jimmy Carter was President????
A DEMOCRAT.....Thank friggin goodness we all survived him.....

I don't care if ya all tried to pin this title on Bush...He's not my Favorite...
President Reagan was........

As long as you all take claim FOR THE WORST EVER PRESIDENT...Jimmy Carter...And then you all selected a playboy, adulter,impeached one....
You all don't have much luck with your alls.......Picks.......:laugh2:

I was around for Jimmy Carter, honey child.

I remember a president who was picking up the pieces of our republic after the abuse of power and the disgrace known as Watergate, perpetrated by one Richard Milhouse Nixon. Until recently, Nixon held the title of WORST PRESIDENT EVER until your Boy George cruelly ripped that legacy away from him.

I remember a president who got the Egyptians and the Israelis to talking and got them to sign a peace treaty that 25+ years later has never been broken once. Can your Boy George make any similar claims? No.

I remember a president who listened to a couple of neocon hawks and let the ailing brutal dictator Shah of Iran into our country for medical treatment. The neocons didn't give a shit what the consequences were, just that we were looking out for an old ally. That move precipitated the revolt of the student factions which then led to the Iran Hostage Crisis. These same neocons worked behind Carter's back to sabatoge any and all negotiations promising them a better deal with "Cut & Run" Reagan and almost destroyed a presidency in the process. Instead what they created was a mess in the Middle East that we are still dealing with today. Carter didn't stand a chance in dealing with the backstabbing neocon bastards who could give a shit less about anything or anyone but themselves.

Same backstabbing neocon bastards are in charge today. Still think they are the best thing since sliced bread? It's gotta be a real bitch trying to back up the WORST PRESIDENT EVER George Walker Bush because there is so little to stand on that doesn't stink like shit or isn't a quagmire of quicksand. Better you than me. I had this sorry ass pegged as a loser when he was governor of Texas. Nothing's changed.

loosecannon
05-01-2007, 12:54 PM

I remember a president who was picking up the pieces of our republic after the abuse of power and the disgrace known as Watergate, perpetrated by one Richard Milhouse Nixon. Until recently, Nixon held the title of WORST PRESIDENT EVER until your Boy George cruelly ripped that legacy away from him.

I remember a president who got the Egyptians and the Israelis to talking and got them to sign a peace treaty that 25+ years later has never been broken once. Can your Boy George make any similar claims? No.

I remember a president who listened to a couple of neocon hawks and let the ailing brutal dictator Shah of Iran into our country for medical treatment. The neocons didn't give a shit what the consequences were, just that we were looking out for an old ally. That move precipitated the revolt of the student factions which then led to the Iran Hostage Crisis. These same neocons worked behind Carter's back to sabatoge any and all negotiations promising them a better deal with "Cut & Run" Reagan and almost destroyed a presidency in the process. Instead what they created was a mess in the Middle East that we are still dealing with today. Carter didn't stand a chance in dealing with the backstabbing neocon bastards who could give a shit less about anything or anyone but themselves.

Same backstabbing neocon bastards are in charge today. Still think they are the best thing since sliced bread? It's gotta be a real bitch trying to back up the WORST PRESIDENT EVER George Walker Bush because there is so little to stand on that doesn't stink like shit or isn't a quagmire of quicksand. Better you than me. I had this sorry ass pegged as a loser when he was governor of Texas. Nothing's changed.

Excellent post!

Carter was at the time known as the most honest president in memory. He told Americans the truth with regularity and Americans often prefered not to hear it.

Some things never change.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Excellent post!

Carter was at the time known as the most honest president in memory. He told Americans the truth with regularity and Americans often prefered not to hear it.

Some things never change.

Honesty in the presidency... what a concept! I guess that's why Karl Rove is working in the WH now: honesty isn't a criteria for getting hired there anymore.

Psychoblues
05-03-2007, 11:38 PM
This little nugget got me banned for a few days. I lived with it and I can still live with it.

Sammi, seriously, I want to apologize to you for anything "dmp" has had to offend you.

"dmp" is only a moderator/administrator much like the shrub is only the "pResident".

I would advise you to at least call out a chickenshit in the proper venue. This is not the venue to call out "dmp". Refer to the other thread. Post it, as it is obscured, and you will have back up if you deserve it. Dig it?

I will better watch my behavior in the future. The thread Police mean business and that is a natural fact. The administration here is usually fair and jimnyc is always fair as far as I can tell. Time will tell.

lily
05-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Start impeachment......So many PROVEN LIES.......
It's the Democrats DUTY...http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif

Arrest Condi Rice.....

Tenet is now the sweetheart of the Democrats...But he was also the head of the CIA under the Clinton administration where we had three terrorist attacks on us in other Countries...And the mother of them all under the Bush administation........9/11..

Go Tenet, Go.. Your loved and respected.........http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif
We trust every friggen word that comes out of your ass......

Kick Gonzo to the curb....I could care less..

Cut off funding for the Iraq war......

Go Democrats.......GO..

ra ra ra.....http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif

Hello 2008:cheers2:

Too much sugar?

Psychoblues
05-04-2007, 02:07 AM
In a way, lily. staphy is an Alaskan winehead, or so she has told me, and is not serious about anything other than attention as she has demonstrated for the past several years that I have known her. At least now she will post an opinion rather than only a ridiculous emoticon although she is fixated on the emoticons to date.

Too much sugar?

Give her a break, lily. Literally, she is harmless.

stephanie
05-04-2007, 02:35 AM
In a way, lily. staphy is an Alaskan winehead, or so she has told me, and is not serious about anything other than attention as she has demonstrated for the past several years that I have known her. At least now she will post an opinion rather than only a ridiculous emoticon although she is fixated on the emoticons to date.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/157854.gif

Psychoblues
05-04-2007, 03:01 AM
But, she will still only post emoticons when she is speechless which is most of the time.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/157854.gif

Like I said, lily, she is harmless.

stephanie
05-04-2007, 03:11 AM
But, she will still only post emoticons when she is speechless which is most of the time.

Like I said, lily, she is harmless.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/52007246-L.jpg

diuretic
05-04-2007, 04:20 AM
I LIKE that cat!!

Psychoblues
05-04-2007, 04:41 AM
If you "like that cat" you will "love this board"!!!!!!!

I LIKE that cat!!

Get your kicks on Route 66.

stephanie
05-04-2007, 04:50 AM
If you "like that cat" you will "love this board"!!!!!!!

Get your kicks on Route 66.

Did you just call me a broad???

Oh wait...that says board.....you weren't talking about me... for a change..
Carry on..:coffee:

Psychoblues
05-04-2007, 04:59 AM
Once again, I clean the perfectly good Busch off my screen.

I'm doing a daily thing in the lounge, staphy. Could you go over there and contribute? I'll buy you a good ripple or maybe even a MD 20/20?!?!?!??!

diuretic
05-04-2007, 04:59 AM

:lol: :laugh2: :clap: - well look at that, apparently a really good Western Australia chardonnay is nearly as good as Windex for cleaning my monitor! :D Sprayed a damn good wine all over it!

stephanie
05-04-2007, 05:02 AM
Once again, I clean the perfectly good Busch off my screen.

I'm doing a daily thing in the lounge, staphy. Could you go over there and contribute? I'll buy you a good ripple or maybe even a MD 20/20?!?!?!??!

Already did..
And no wine for this girl...
Absolute vodka will do, though..:cheers2:

Psychoblues
05-04-2007, 05:03 AM
That goes for you too, diruretic.

:lol: :laugh2: :clap: - well look at that, apparently a really good Western Australia chardonnay is nearly as good as Windex for cleaning my monitor! :D Sprayed a damn good wine all over it!

Slip on over to the Lounge and have a Fosters or a chardonnay or whatever you prefer on my tab.

diuretic
05-04-2007, 05:10 AM
Much appreciated Psychoblues - I love a good beer - http://www.fosters.com.au/enjoy/beer/cascade_premium.htm - my favourite.

I love good wine too - but since I live in the home of the finest Australian wine I'll not post too many links - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penfolds_Grange - made in my home town, I'll not make too much of a fuss.

Many thanks.

Psychoblues
05-04-2007, 05:19 AM
Call for your own shots, staphy, it's all on my tab.

Already did..
And no wine for this girl...
Absolute vodka will do, though..:cheers2:

Thanks for helping me get this thing kicked off. I think it will be a GOOD thing if we can keep it going just day by day. Don't you?

diuretic
05-04-2007, 05:22 AM
Vodka - prefer Polish - Wyborowa is good. Zubrovka is also good. Hmm, brings back a few memories, dredged up from my past....

Heck I'm a dumbarse, unless I'm much mistaken memories are from the past....

Any minute now Glock will be along to make hay....and I shall be waiting :D

Psychoblues
05-04-2007, 05:25 AM
Thanks to you, diruretic.

Much appreciated Psychoblues - I love a good beer - http://www.fosters.com.au/enjoy/beer/cascade_premium.htm - my favourite.

I love good wine too - but since I live in the home of the finest Australian wine I'll not post too many links - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penfolds_Grange - made in my home town, I'll not make too much of a fuss.

Many thanks.

I don't think we have many Aussies here on the DP board and I damn sure appreciate having you here to represent the Aussie Queen. Or is that just the English Queen? Yall sound so much alike, ya know.

Get your butt on over to the Lounge and have a drink of your choice and tell them to put it on Psychoblues's tab. I think I have good credit over there. If they don't take my name tell them jimnyc sent you. He will stand good for it I am sure, I think.

diuretic
05-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Thanks to you, diruretic.

I don't think we have many Aussies here on the DP board and I damn sure appreciate having you here to represent the Aussie Queen. Or is that just the English Queen? Yall sound so much alike, ya know.

Get your butt on over to the Lounge and have a drink of your choice and tell them to put it on Psychoblues's tab. I think I have good credit over there. If they don't take my name tell them jimnyc sent you. He will stand good for it I am sure, I think.

:coffee: <---- see, I'll drink beer out of anything! :D

Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of England, Scotland (just hanging on), Wales (that too) and Northern Ireland is also Queen of Australia....I am being polite because although I've never met the good lady I'm sure she is a very nice person. But...there are number of us terribly bad people in Oz who want to say, thank you for all the help but we're all big and grown up now and we don't need a Monarch. I'm one of them. But it will happen in its own time.

As for language, well, yes, we use a form of English :lol:

glockmail
05-04-2007, 08:16 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/52007246-L.jpg

back at ya

diuretic
05-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Ah little cuties, the pair of them :D

lily
05-04-2007, 04:57 PM

As I've said more than once, I use her just to get my post count up. She's been debating on forums for several years?????

stephanie
05-04-2007, 05:08 PM
All this attention I'm getting...

And who the hell sits around worrying about their post counts..

Oh well..

:laugh2::dance:

stephanie
05-04-2007, 06:27 PM
As I've said more than once, I use her just to get my post count up. She's been debating on forums for several years?????

I think you need to move onto someone else to obsess over...

Your starting to look real Pathetic...The same thing you keep accusing me of...
And frankly...I've had enough of your little sarcastic posts about me...

So.... @#$% off..

Kathianne
05-04-2007, 06:37 PM

So.... @#$% off..

Seriously Steph, they are paying you mucho compliments, while trying to tear you down. You go girl!

lily
05-04-2007, 06:57 PM
All this attention I'm getting...

And who the hell sits around worrying about their post counts..

Oh well..

:laugh2::dance:

Well, I do of course, otherwise why do you think I reply?

lily
05-04-2007, 06:58 PM

So.... @#$% off..

obsess? LOL

See I too can use two posts to reply!:laugh2:

diuretic
05-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Funny how personality spats can kill a thread and even a forum. I don't much care when it's directed at me, I suppose if no-one's trying to actually kill me I sort of brush it off (after a bit of quiet fuming) but it really gets up my nose to see someone getting belted and I don't care where they are on the spectrum, it's unseemly.

Samantha
05-04-2007, 08:21 PM
You libs have been focused on Rove ever since he beat you senseless in 2000. Get over it. :laugh2:You do understand that there is a reason for it don't you? Libs HATE dirty trick, crooked, lying, traitors. We want Rove out ASAP.

Get over it yourself.Sooner or later all the crooks get caught. That is, if they don't pack the courts with croneys.

Same backstabbing neocon bastards are in charge today. Still think they are the best thing since sliced bread? It's gotta be a real bitch trying to back up the WORST PRESIDENT EVER George Walker Bush because there is so little to stand on that doesn't stink like shit or isn't a quagmire of quicksand. Better you than me. I had this sorry ass pegged as a loser when he was governor of Texas. Nothing's changed.Great post. Carter was one of the good guys. Shame we have one of the bad guys in there now. Double shame that some Americans support the worst President in history, Dubya.

This little nugget got me banned for a few days. I lived with it and I can still live with it.
I will better watch my behavior in the future. The thread Police mean business and that is a natural fact. The administration here is usually fair and jimnyc is always fair as far as I can tell. Time will tell.I got banned for it too.

Funny how personality spats can kill a thread and even a forum. I don't much care when it's directed at me, I suppose if no-one's trying to actually kill me I sort of brush it off (after a bit of quiet fuming) but it really gets up my nose to see someone getting belted and I don't care where they are on the spectrum, it's unseemly.

The majority of threads on this board turn into childish spats. It's a shame. When mods join in on the insults, it's no wonder the threads turn to shit.

So back to the topic, on Wednesday the first subpeonas were issued in the Gonzales, attorney firing case. Here we go. Fasten your seatbelts.

Senators subpoena Rove's e-mails in U.S. attorneys probe
By Robert Gehrke
The Salt Lake Tribune
Article Last Updated: 05/03/2007 01:08:44 AM MDT

WASHINGTON - Senators are demanding to see the e-mails of President Bush's top political adviser, Karl Rove, as they continue their investigation into the firing of eight U.S. attorneys.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., issued a subpoena to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales on Wednesday, requesting the Justice Department turn over Rove's e-mails in its possession.
The White House has said that many of Rove's e-mails may have been deleted, but many were gathered as part of the probe into the leak of the identity of CIA officer Valerie Plame.
"Despite multiple requests for the department to produce documents voluntarily . . . the department's production of documents has been selective and incomplete," Leahy wrote to Gonzales.
The order compels the Justice Department to turn over "complete and unredacted versions of any and all e-mails and attachments to e-mails to, from, or copied to Karl Rove" related to the firings, written on White House, Republican National Committee or any other e-mail accounts.
The Justice Department did not comment on the request.
The White House has said it is trying to recover the e-mails, but has resisted turning over documents unless the committee agrees to ground rules limiting its investigation.
Leahy also asked the department to provide documents relating to an order issued by Gonzales that granted his former chief of staff, Utah native D. Kyle Sampson, and White House liaison Monica Goodling, the authority to hire and fire political appointees, with Gonzales' consent. The order was first reported by the political magazine National Journal.
Wednesday's subpoena is the first the committee has issued in its probe into why eight U.S. attorneys were asked to step down last year. Justice Department officials have told Congress the prosecutors were replaced for various performance-related reasons. http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_5806651

lily
05-04-2007, 11:53 PM

What can I say? It's so easy!

diuretic
05-05-2007, 03:10 AM
What can I say? It's so easy!

You forget "and too tempting." :laugh2:

05-05-2007, 03:49 AM
You do understand that there is a reason for it don't you? Libs HATE dirty trick, crooked, lying, traitors. We want Rove out ASAP.

You didnt lose the election because of dirty tricks, crooked, lying, traitors. You lost the election because the American people voted against you guys.

Sooner or later all the crooks get caught. That is, if they don't pack the courts with croneys.

That is true. Of course, they generally need to be crooks to begin with. But then thats never stopped a liberal from trying to prosecute a conservative. I mean look at Tom Delay. THe man is being prosecuted for violating a law that didnt exist when he supposedly violated it.

Great post. Carter was one of the good guys. Shame we have one of the bad guys in there now. Double shame that some Americans support the worst President in history, Dubya.

good guys? We are still cleaning up his botched foreign policy with Iran. We are still dealing with the consequences of his post Presidency agreement to give North Korea nuclear materials. Carter was an incompetant boob who had no clue what the heck he was doing. He destroyed our economy, a number of our allies, and had he been reelected we likely would have been wiped off the face of the earth.

I got banned for it too.

Gee... I wonder why...

The majority of threads on this board turn into childish spats. It's a shame. When mods join in on the insults, it's no wonder the threads turn to shit.

So back to the topic, on Wednesday the first subpeonas were issued in the Gonzales, attorney firing case. Here we go. Fasten your seatbelts.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_5806651

Let them issue all the subpeonas they want. There was no crime. There was nothing unethical about firing at will employees. And the more they waste their time with this stuff the less they have time to do real damage to this nation.

diuretic
05-05-2007, 04:28 AM
How can Delay be prosecuted under a law that didn't exist? That's Guantanamo tribunals territory.

lily
05-05-2007, 08:44 PM
You forget "and too tempting." :laugh2:

I made a promise. I'm going to be so good, no one will be able to stand me.:laugh2:

diuretic
05-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I made a promise. I'm going to be so good, no one will be able to stand me.:laugh2:

That will drive people nuts :lol:

lily
05-05-2007, 09:26 PM
That will drive people nuts :lol:

Oh sure...now it looks like I have an ulterior motive. Thanks a lot!!:laugh2:

diuretic
05-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh sure...now it looks like I have an ulterior motive. Thanks a lot!!:laugh2:

Nooooo - they CHOOSE to allow themselves to be driven nuts, it's their responsibility ;)

lily
05-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Nooooo - they CHOOSE to allow themselves to be driven nuts, it's their responsibility ;)

WHEW!

Psychoblues
05-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Just be yourself, lily, and do as you always do and simply tell the truth. The con's can't stand it, the liberals embrace it and the idiots don't know the difference!!!!!

WHEW!

Get your kicks on Route 66!!!!!

glockmail
05-08-2007, 06:13 AM
You do understand that there is a reason for it don't you? Libs HATE dirty trick, crooked, lying, traitors. We want Rove out ASAP. ....
Now tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back. :laugh2:

Doniston
05-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Just be yourself, lily, and do as you always do and simply tell the truth. The con's can't stand it, the liberals embrace it and the idiots don't know the difference!!!!!

Get your kicks on Route 66!!!!!Oh no you don't, I live a hundred fett of Route 66. :biggrin: (in fact I am typing this at that location.)

Psychoblues
05-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Get outta here!!!!!!!

Oh no you don't, I live a hundred fett of Route 66. :biggrin: (in fact I am typing this at that location.)

The history there must keep you up at night!!!!!!!!!!

Baron Von Esslingen
05-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Get outta here!!!!!!! The history there must keep you up at night!!!!!!!!!!

... or the 18 wheelers rumbling by at night...

Psychoblues
05-10-2007, 12:41 AM
This looks like a conversation that would be better attended in the Lounge.

Have a drink on me in the Daily Thread. No Shit!!!! Anything you want and it ain't no Hotel California!!!!!!! You can leave and come back as you please!!!!!!!

Fountainhead
05-10-2007, 02:50 AM

The End Is Near (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/24/rove.probe/index.html?eref=rss_topstories)

Haven't the KOS-kids loosened the rubber band from their scrotums yet ?

You think that they would have learned that this sort of crap will get flushed with the other bullshit like The Downing Street Memos

Can't you guys think of something constructive to do with your time ?

Psychoblues
05-10-2007, 03:55 AM
And what was that "Hatch Act' as quoted, fh?

Haven't the KOS-kids loosened the rubber band from their scrotums yet ?

You think that they would have learned that this sort of crap will get flushed with the other bullshit like The Downing Street Memos

Can't you guys think of something constructive to do with your time ?

Isn't "Hatch" a notable Republican from one of those wild west gambling states like Utah? Is this refering to Orrin Hatch?

I dunno!!! You rEpublican jerks bait and switch so much it's hard for us commoners to keep up. Is that intentional?

Doniston
05-10-2007, 09:41 AM

I-40 is 800 feet behind me (Alternate roiute 66 -- HEH HEH) That's where the 18 wheelers chugg on by. (unless there is an accident of course. then they tear up ol' 66.)

Doniston
05-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Get outta here!!!!!!!

The history there must keep you up at night!!!!!!!!!! No, but I got lot's of history here. I passed by my present property 23 times between the ages of 13 and 26. (Going cross country.)