PDA

View Full Version : Universal Healthcare Anecdote...

Insein
04-06-2010, 06:15 AM
Just a little story I thought I'd share. My sister in law is a died in the wool liberal who I have had many arguments with over why universal healthcare is a joke. She spouts off talking points everytime and never responds to specifc instances where it has failed.

So my nephew (her son) and his friends play video games online with me and speak through skype. One of them is in the USAF and is stationed currently in England. He's 20 years old and has lived in England for over a year now. Recently on Skype, they got into an argument about universal healthcare. She was spouting off as usual about how great it is and he was telling her how much England's healthcare system sucks. She insisted that he didn't know what he was talking about but he basically said "I lived here for a year, it sucks if you get sick." Of course she still wouldn't accept someone's opposing POV even though they have experienced it first hand.

Just an anecdote on how brainwashed people can be and how hard it is to educate them.

Jeff
04-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Just a little story I thought I'd share. My sister in law is a died in the wool liberal who I have had many arguments with over why universal healthcare is a joke. She spouts off talking points everytime and never responds to specifc instances where it has failed.

So my nephew (her son) and his friends play video games online with me and speak through skype. One of them is in the USAF and is stationed currently in England. He's 20 years old and has lived in England for over a year now. Recently on Skype, they got into an argument about universal healthcare. She was spouting off as usual about how great it is and he was telling her how much England's healthcare system sucks. She insisted that he didn't know what he was talking about but he basically said "I lived here for a year, it sucks if you get sick." Of course she still wouldn't accept someone's opposing POV even though they have experienced it first hand.

Just an anecdote on how brainwashed people can be and how hard it is to educate them.

I honestly don't think these liberals or the blacks or Hispanics are even thinking of the bill, they will just blindly follow the messiah into hell, but look at the Gov. they play that party line blindly also, don't worry about what it really is or will do to this country, just follow your man, what a deal

Monkeybone
04-06-2010, 07:18 AM
I honestly don't think these liberals or the blacks or Hispanics are even thinking of the bill, they will just blindly follow the messiah into hell, but look at the Gov. they play that party line blindly also, don't worry about what it really is or will do to this country, just follow your man, what a deal
that and it is a handout... why should they complain against that? not like they pay for it anyways

cat slave
04-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Exactly....the dems sure know to buy votes!

Noir
04-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Gee, well I've lived here for 19 years and every time I or people I have known have needed it they have been served well, how's that for an anecdote?

As I've said before, NHS is not for America, but it works here well indeed, are there problems? Ofcourse there are, in the same way that your private system had problems.

Insein
04-06-2010, 09:24 PM
I agree Noir. Its not for America. Not just because we're used to a free market society. Simply put the population of England is 51,000,000. The population of the US is 310,000,000 plus the estimated 30,000,000 or so illegals that will be covered under this. So just logistically speaking, its an impossibility.

Noir
04-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Well yes, just as a minor note the NHS here is UK wide, thus a population of about 61 million.

But you are spot on, the problem is logistics, we would have the same problems here if we suddenly abolished the NHS and tried to put in place a private system, the people are not use to it and human mistakes will be made. Which will lead to deaths, and given americas population that could be allot of deaths.

I think allot of the pro-Obamacare supporters believe in it for the right reasons, but the practicalities of it are gonna drop on them lika ton of bricks.