PDA

View Full Version : White House won’t deny report saying it approved killing of American without trial

-Cp
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
The White House won't deny reports claiming that it authorized the killing of an American citizen who is purportedly involved in planning al Qaeda attacks and is said to be hiding out in Yemen.

The New York Times and the Washington Post reported late Tuesday that Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki was added to the CIA's list of alleged terrorists the US has targeted to kill. American forces have killed myriad suspected terror suspects using armed drone planes in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Yemen.

CBS News' Mark Knoller noted that the White House had issued no denial of the report by Wednesday morning. al-Awlaki was born in New Mexico and served for years as an imam in the United States. He has not been charged with a crime, but was linked by US officials to linked to Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the psychiatrist alleged to have killed 13 at and Army base in Fort Hood and Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the so-called "Christmas day" bomber who attempted to detonate a jetliner en route to Detroit.

"No WH denial to reports in NYT & WP that Obama Administration has authorized the targeting killing of American citizen tied to Al Qaeda," Knoller wrote on his Twitter feed.

The Times noted that the policy of killing Americans abroad is generally alien to US law.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0407/white-house-deny-report-approved-killing-citizen-trial/

SassyLady
04-07-2010, 02:01 PM
The White House won't deny reports claiming that it authorized the killing of an American citizen who is purportedly involved in planning al Qaeda attacks and is said to be hiding out in Yemen.

The New York Times and the Washington Post reported late Tuesday that Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki was added to the CIA's list of alleged terrorists the US has targeted to kill. American forces have killed myriad suspected terror suspects using armed drone planes in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Yemen.

CBS News' Mark Knoller noted that the White House had issued no denial of the report by Wednesday morning. al-Awlaki was born in New Mexico and served for years as an imam in the United States. He has not been charged with a crime, but was linked by US officials to linked to Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the psychiatrist alleged to have killed 13 at and Army base in Fort Hood and Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the so-called "Christmas day" bomber who attempted to detonate a jetliner en route to Detroit.

"No WH denial to reports in NYT & WP that Obama Administration has authorized the targeting killing of American citizen tied to Al Qaeda," Knoller wrote on his Twitter feed.

The Times noted that the policy of killing Americans abroad is generally alien to US law.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0407/white-house-deny-report-approved-killing-citizen-trial/

This is the iman who was working with the man who killed our soldiers on one of our military bases. I see no problem with the CIA hunting him down and killing him.

-Cp
04-07-2010, 02:27 PM
This is the iman who was working with the man who killed our soldiers on one of our military bases. I see no problem with the CIA hunting him down and killing him.

You don't have any issue with the PRESIDENT authoring the MURDER of a US Citizen regardless of what they've done?

Ever heard of the Constitution?

revelarts
04-07-2010, 03:02 PM

This is the _______________ who was working with the man who _______________ on one of our _______________.
I see no problem with the CIA hunting him down and killing him.

President _______________ fill in the blanks.

lets play the petty 2 bit Dictator game...

Little-Acorn
04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
We're at war with them, remember?

They declared war on us, they've been attacking us (not only our soldiers, but also deliberately targeting nonvcombatant civilians) and killing us.

As a result, they are legitimate targets of war. How difficult is that to understand?

True, their combatants choose not to wear uniforms, and they deliberately hide among their own civilian population. That creates a problem telling which ones are the combatants.

But it's not OUR problem, it's theirs.

This guy has directly helped to kill our soldiers and civilians. He's a legitimate target of war. If we nail him with a missile from a Predator, or with a $1.95 bullet from a rifle, that's fine. No different from hitting a guy carrying a bomb toward our soldiers.

Jeff
04-07-2010, 04:16 PM
You don't have any issue with the PRESIDENT authoring the MURDER of a US Citizen regardless of what they've done?

I have to agree with both of y'all here, a enemy is a enemy but there is the Constitution and our President wants to make sure foreign terrorist get a fair trial

Little-Acorn
04-07-2010, 04:27 PM
our President wants to make sure foreign terrorist get a fair trial

Why???

Did we give each German soldier who came in contact with our troops in WWII, a "fair trial"?

Did we give each Japanese soldier who came in contact with our troops in WWII, a "fair trial"?

No. We just did our best to kill them. Those who surrendered, we just tossed into a prison camp and held them there until their countries surrendered and the war ended. Then we sent them home, in decent condition.

No one has yet explained to me why we shouldn't treat these terrorists the same way.

Of course, if they never stop fighting us, then that means the ones we capture, stay in prison forever. It's their call. If the Japanese and Germans had never surrendered, their countrymen would also still be in prisons today... as our catured American troops would still be in their prisons.

It's called War. And yes, it has rules. And we are following those rules to a T. Which is more than I can say for the terrorists.

BTW, do you know what the Geneva Convention says about enemy combatants you find on the front lines (or behind the lines, in your own area) who are wearing civilian clothes?

We ARE disobeying that part of the Geneva Accords. Maybe we should start obeying it. What do you say?

Mr. P
04-07-2010, 04:32 PM
In times of war I have his "fair" trial.

Jury selection: I have him in my sights

Prosecutor and Defense arguments: Four deep breaths and hold

Closing Arguments: Slow Squeeze

Verdict: BANG

Sentence: He be dead!

NO APPEAL

revelarts
04-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Why is it that we've got over 100 terrorist in prison now, in the US,
that have been brought to trial and CONVICTED without trouble
but now we've got an illegal shoot on sight policy?

the article says
"American forces have killed myriad suspected terror suspects"

"suspected terror suspects", what is that? Is that bad writing or inaccurate or just the U.S. blowing people up because they "hate America"?
Killing "suspected terror suspects" from drones doesn't quite sound like fighting on the battle field to me.

"US officials to linked to Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, ... killed 13 ... and Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, Christmas bomber."

OHHH he's been linked, well in that case.... KILL HIM!!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-03-10-watchlist_N.htm
Terrorist watch list hits 1 million

We've got a list made by the gov't. what are we waiting for lets take these terrorist out. It's war time. no trials. hangins to good for um. Only good injuns, a dead injun! I mean Muslim, I mean terrorist.

God Help us all

jimnyc
04-07-2010, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't give a shit of it was the CiC - you shoot at our soldiers or try to be an enemy combatant against them - they should have the right to kill you in first sight. US citizens who go abroad to be combatants against our troops do not deserve constitutional rights, they deserve a slow death.

revelarts
04-07-2010, 05:58 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lljIrAfBzYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lljIrAfBzYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

PostmodernProphet
04-07-2010, 06:07 PM
regardless of what they've done?

isn't everyone already aware of what he's done?....and aware of what else he would like to do?....

revelarts
04-07-2010, 06:10 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cni1B6g1_1M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cni1B6g1_1M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mr. P
04-07-2010, 07:46 PM
revelarts..pssstttt...Movies are make believe. Terrorist are REAL!

revelarts
04-07-2010, 09:28 PM
I like to hope that our laws and values are real from time to time as well sir.

•and yes terrorist are real and want to kill us, whats new they arent super villains, book-em, try em, jail em throw away the key.

•but we baked some of them fresh every day with our presence in their countries.

•and others ...well is it possible in some cases we have seen the enemy and they are us.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7Likd23FgM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7Likd23FgM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SassyLady
04-07-2010, 09:47 PM

Nope!

Yep!

I do not have a problem with our government ordering the execution of a traitor.

SassyLady
04-07-2010, 09:48 PM
This is the _______________ who was working with the man who _______________ on one of our _______________.
I see no problem with the CIA hunting him down and killing him.

President _______________ fill in the blanks.

lets play the petty 2 bit Dictator game...

Gosh..........my mind just went blank on this one. :slap:

SassyLady
04-07-2010, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't give a shit of it was the CiC - you shoot at our soldiers or try to be an enemy combatant against them - they should have the right to kill you in first sight. US citizens who go abroad to be combatants against our troops do not deserve constitutional rights, they deserve a slow death.

Yep!! :beer:

revelarts
04-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Major General Smedley Darlington Butler, USMC
1881 - 1940
double recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor
"I spent 33 years and 4 months in active service as a member of our country's most agile military force--the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from second lieutenant to Major General. And during that period I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism. I suspected I was part of a racket all the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all members of the military profession I never had an original thought until I left the service."
Smedley D. Butler (1881-1940)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3_EXqJ8f-0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3_EXqJ8f-0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Like all officers General Butler swore the following oath upon his commissioning:
"I, _____ , having been appointed an officer in the Marine Corps of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."