PDA

View Full Version : Teen suing mother, accusing her of sladering him on his Facebook page

LiberalNation
04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
lol if I sued everytime someone said a mean thing to me over the internets.....

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Tee...-90117247.html

WHAS11) - A 16-year-old Arkansas boy is accusing his mother of slandering him on his Facebook page.

The teenager is suing asking that his mother be banned from contacting him.

The mother is charged with harassment.

Her son claims she hacked his account, changed his password and posted things about his personal life.

She denies doing anything except reading his page.

"I read things on his Facebook about how he had gone to hot springs one night and was driving 95 mph home because he was upset with a girl and it was his friend that called me and told me about all this that prompted me to even actually start really going through his Facebook to see what was going on," says the boy’s mother, Denise New.

Investigators say the boy lives with his grandmother, who has custodial rights.

Denise New says she has the legal right to monitor her son's online activities and plans to fight the charges.

Prosecutors aren't commenting because of the boy's age.

Jeff
04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

This is as good as suing cause the coffee is to hot, my older boys have face book accounts and will turn them over to me at anytime to check them out, although if the woman really posted false info it is wrong but hardly worth suing over

Mr. P
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
lol if I sued everytime someone said a mean thing to me over the internets.....

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Tee...-90117247.html

WHAS11) - A 16-year-old Arkansas boy is accusing his mother of slandering him on his Facebook page.

The teenager is suing asking that his mother be banned from contacting him.

The mother is charged with harassment.

Her son claims she hacked his account, changed his password and posted things about his personal life.

She denies doing anything except reading his page.

"I read things on his Facebook about how he had gone to hot springs one night and was driving 95 mph home because he was upset with a girl and it was his friend that called me and told me about all this that prompted me to even actually start really going through his Facebook to see what was going on," says the boy’s mother, Denise New.

Investigators say the boy lives with his grandmother, who has custodial rights.

Denise New says she has the legal right to monitor her son's online activities and plans to fight the charges.

Prosecutors aren't commenting because of the boy's age.

A bunch of BIG RED FLAGS there.

darin
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Sorry to side-track...but the lady who sued cuz of hot coffee?? yeah - she got 3rd degree burns...the coffee was dangerously hot. She offered to settle for just her medical bills - McD's refused. She ended up collecting, if i recall, about $70k after medical expenses. :)

Jeff
04-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Sorry to side-track...but the lady who sued cuz of hot coffee?? yeah - she got 3rd degree burns...the coffee was dangerously hot. She offered to settle for just her medical bills - McD's refused. She ended up collecting, if i recall, about $70k after medical expenses. :)

I myself want my coffee as hot as possible, I don't like when it gets luke warm, and the first thing I do is test how hot it is, there is no way anyone should of received a dime for purchasing a hot beverage and then burning themselves , I do feel for that individual , but hot coffee is suppose to be hot