PDA

View Full Version : Obama Says America Muslim Nation:

-Cp
04-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Obama Says America Muslim Nation:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wmuE-kNgeSA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wmuE-kNgeSA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chesswarsnow
04-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh shit man, I didn't realize the President was that freakin stupid!:clap:
2. He is a one term'er for sure.
3. Unless he gets thrown out before this term ends.
4. And I thought Reid was an idiot, Reid actually looks smart now.
5. He has to be a secret muslim piece of crap after that statement.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

CSM
04-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Obviously you misunderstood what he said ...

Next we will have a change to the pledge of Allegiance:
"... one Nation, under Allah...."

How's that for diversity!

cat slave
04-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Everything that we feared he would bring us, he has....and more
too!

How many people are still stupid enough to deny what he
throws in our faces and what independent thinkers knew
from day one? Denial can be self destructive..wake up,
wake up!!!!!

pete311
04-08-2010, 04:12 PM
this is a big "so what" thread. his message is correct, america in general is ignorant towards other cultures. we shouldn't be singling out islam though. we should educate ourselves in all top world cultures and faiths.

Kathianne
04-08-2010, 04:15 PM
this is a big "so what" thread. his message is correct, america in general is ignorant towards other cultures. we shouldn't be singling out islam though. we should educate ourselves in all top world cultures and faiths.

And where are others learning about ours? What we think? Oh yeah, so what.

pete311
04-08-2010, 04:19 PM
And where are others learning about ours? What we think? Oh yeah, so what.

i've traveled to over 40 countries and I can without a doubt tell you I am often embarrassed at how little in comparison I know about america. a great many follow american politics and current affairs. I have struck up many conversations with locals overseas over american news and I can barely remember how to say hello in their language or who their "president" is. certainly this is because america has such great influence, but still, we should be humble and try to learn a bit of how others live

Gaffer
04-08-2010, 05:00 PM
i've traveled to over 40 countries and I can without a doubt tell you I am often embarrassed at how little in comparison I know about america. a great many follow american politics and current affairs. I have struck up many conversations with locals overseas over american news and I can barely remember how to say hello in their language or who their "president" is. certainly this is because america has such great influence, but still, we should be humble and try to learn a bit of how others live

And you traveled to all those countries because...

How much do you know about America? How much did you hear about America that was good? How much bad? Did you defend your native country or just apologize and cow down?

If you go to another country you show respect and enjoy the sites and the culture. If they visit this country they can do the same. If they move here to stay they need to leave their culture behind and take up this culture. Just as you would be MADE to do in their country.

pete311
04-08-2010, 05:11 PM
And you traveled to all those countries because...

For pleasure.

How much do you know about America?

Off hand I would say I am above average, but admittedly that is still piss poor. I am sure many of you know much much more than I.

How much did you hear about America that was good? How much bad? Did you defend your native country or just apologize and cow down?

Most everyone had favorable things to say about america. People seem to ask where I am from more than even what is my name. I always proudly say I am american. They usually smile, give a thumbs up or say "america good!". The perception that we aren't well liked, in my experience is false. This is also coming from traveling to places like Lebanon and Syria.

If you go to another country you show respect and enjoy the sites and the culture. If they visit this country they can do the same. If they move here to stay they need to leave their culture behind and take up this culture. Just as you would be MADE to do in their country.

Certainly, however culture in american is hard to define. You can have fairly different culture, state to state, city to city. Whereas in Thailand or Korea things are the same all over. This is why so many people can come to the US and be comfortable, there is a place for everyone.

Kathianne
04-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Actually I've found that people outside of the US, have really very little idea how Americans 'think', how 'diverse' we are in our thinking, or how large our country really is. They think people are very rich or starving. Why? Media.

pete311
04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Actually I've found that people outside of the US, have really very little idea how Americans 'think', how 'diverse' we are in our thinking, or how large our country really is. They think people are very rich or starving. Why? Media.

Certainly this is true on some scale for every country towards every other country. Access and freedom to information is still difficult in many countries.

Kathianne
04-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Certainly this is true on some scale for every country towards every other country. Access and freedom to information is still difficult in many countries.

I disagree. I do not presume that every country is 'haves' or 'have nots.' Why? My guess is projection of what we 'know' by our own experiences and media we read.

I'm aware of the restrictions of freedoms in parts of Southern Asia. I'm aware of conflicts throughout the world. I'm aware of disasters, including political systems that harm or kill innocents. But a 'real understanding?' No, I wouldn't presume such. Even visiting for sustained periods of time in another country wouldn't provide true insight, unless one is working and living there for years.

Most that leave one country to work in another are doing so for special skills, meaning they are living in the better parts of whatever country they are going to. Vacation? Few want to visit the worst areas. Missionaries? They tend to miss the more developed parts or see them temporarily, in contrast to the areas they serve.

bullypulpit
04-09-2010, 03:48 AM
Obama Says America Muslim Nation:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wmuE-kNgeSA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wmuE-kNgeSA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So what's yer point? America is a nation of Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Sihks, Taoists, Zoroastrians, Unitarians and fllowers of any other "ism" one might care to name. And a little education would do some of you water-heads a world of good.

CSM
04-09-2010, 05:40 AM
So what's yer point? America is a nation of Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Sihks, Taoists, Zoroastrians, Unitarians and fllowers of any other "ism" one might care to name. And a little education would do some of you water-heads a world of good.

Ask Obama and his ilk if the US is a Christian country founded on Christian principles... I dare you! The Us accommodates and tolerates every religion but the principles on which this country was founded were not Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Sihk, Tao, or Zoroastrian. I make that assertion with the certainty that some dunderhead will drag up some revised history to counter it.