PDA

View Full Version : Obama And His Oil Buddies

red states rule
04-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Well, gas prices have gone up about $1/gal since Obama took office - and they will continue to go up - yet I have not heard/read anything in the liberal media about the President's rich oil buddies like I did when Bush was President

I am not seeing news accounts on how high gas prices is hurting the poor like I use to

My what a difference in "news" coverage when a liberal is in office

red states rule
04-11-2010, 07:59 AM
I went out this morning and gas is now $2.99/gal for regular. Is this part of the Hope and Change Express?

How about that $1 gallon gas tax in the Cap and Trade bill?

Nukeman
04-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Actually what I ahve seen in the news is that this increase is "gradual" so us poor schmucks have had time to adjust to the higher prices. What a load of shit. Higher is higher no matter how slow it rises. It has been a steady rise and will continue. If we see 3.50-4.50 a gallon for gas ANY slight recovery that has taken place will quickly slide and this time it will be a full blown depression..... IMHO

red states rule
04-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Actually what I ahve seen in the news is that this increase is "gradual" so us poor schmucks have had time to adjust to the higher prices. What a load of shit. Higher is higher no matter how slow it rises. It has been a steady rise and will continue. If we see 3.50-4.50 a gallon for gas ANY slight recovery that has taken place will quickly slide and this time it will be a full blown depression..... IMHO

The liberal media is now asking if high gas prices is a good thing?

Again, what a difference when one of their own is President

Gas Prices Are Up, But Is That A Good Thing?
Some Predict $4 A Gallon; Analysts Warn Big Spike Could Slow Recovery

Don't look now, but a gradual rise in gasoline prices has suddenly turned into a gallop, with drivers facing a new round of sticker shock.

But as CBS 2's Derrick Blakley reports, the higher prices might actually be a good thing.

The growing pain at the pump kind of snuck up on many Chicago drivers, but now they're really feeling the bite.

"I just paid $3.54 for gas," said Michelle as she filled up at a Chicago gas station. "It's just outrageous."

Just a month ago, according to AAA Chicago, unleaded regular averaged $2.86 a gallon in the Chicago area.

Last week, it was $3.02.

Now, it's $3.08 and many predict it's heading higher; much higher.

Daniel Flynn, energy trader at PFG Best Research, was asked just how high the gas prices might go.

"That's the good question," said Flynn. "I've heard as high as $4 a gallon. Some analysts are saying $4."

What's going on? Reports that the economy is heating up – with growing consumer spending, higher retail sales and higher auto sales – has speculators betting on higher energy prices, too.

When the economy grows, so does demand for oil. But pushing energy prices too high could backfire.

"The last thing we want to see is higher energy prices at this time," said Flynn, because it can impact the rest of the economy negatively.

"I'm not happy with it," grumbled motorist Don Davis as he filled up. "I think it's gonna kill our recovery."

Davis fears a repeat of July 2008, when oil prices hit a record

http://cbs2chicago.com/consumer/gas.prices.rising.2.1620770.html

Jeff
04-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Well this isn't GW's fault so you two must be racist :laugh2:

That is a joke but I do believe that is part of the NO reports, the other part is the media is filled with a bunch of brain dead Liberals

chloe
04-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Well, gas prices have gone up about $1/gal since Obama took office - and they will continue to go up - yet I have not heard/read anything in the liberal media about the President's rich oil buddies like I did when Bush was President

I am not seeing news accounts on how high gas prices is hurting the poor like I use to

My what a difference in "news" coverage when a liberal is in office

I noticed that too, it really makes me think about who owns the media.

red states rule
04-11-2010, 12:50 PM
I noticed that too, it really makes me think about who owns the media.

How about this blast from the past?

ABC reporter Bianna Golodryga fretted that November's unusually high gas prices could lead to poor health, less church and no Christmas. On Monday's program, Golodryga warned viewers that unnamed "reports" allege that "some people are foregoing routine visits to the doctor and are opting for cheaper foods, like pasta and peanut butter, as opposed to protein, fruits and vegetables, in order that they can save as much money as possible" at the pump.

The ABC reporter also managed to find an extreme example and introduced America to Juan Martinez of Phoenix, Arizona. According to Golodryga, the spike in prices has taken "a toll on the family's relationship with God." It seems as though the Martinez clan is cutting back on religious attendance due to the 40 mile journey trek to their church. (Are there no closer places to worship in the Phoenix area?) Additionally, GMA featured footage of Golodryga shopping with Martinez as she lamented, "...Even holiday gift shopping won't be the same." Apparently, there will be less Christmas presents this year.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2007/11/12/abc-high-gas-prices-cancel-church-christmas-doctor-visits#ixzz0kobIJlIq

Binky
04-11-2010, 03:34 PM
I went out this morning and gas is now $2.99/gal for regular. Is this part of the Hope and Change Express?

How about that $1 gallon gas tax in the Cap and Trade bill?

I just paid $3.09 per gal. yesterday, for mid grade. Spring has sprung and so has the prices. It will more than likely jump to well over $4 by Labor Day. Always jumps at tourist time.....Who knows, it may even go higher than that.

pete311
04-11-2010, 05:58 PM
I just paid $3.09 per gal. yesterday, for mid grade. Spring has sprung and so has the prices. It will more than likely jump to well over $4 by Labor Day. Always jumps at tourist time.....Who knows, it may even go higher than that.

I think we'll see mid $3 through most of the summer. Good thing I can walk and bike most anywhere I need to go.