PDA

View Full Version : Indiana firefighters union files complaint against city of Jeffersonville, decries fi

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:10 PM
crunches vs situps, big girly men....

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Indiana-firefighters-union-files-complaint-against-city-of-Jeffersonville-decries-fitness-test-90575849.html

JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind. (AP) — A firefighters union has filed a complaint against Jeffersonville over how the city measures sit-ups in the department's fitness test.

The union contract requires firefighters to complete a certain number of sit-ups, push-ups and a 2-mile run. But union President David Kaskie says city officials can't decide whether abdominal crunches count as sit-ups.

Kaskie says the union met with city officials in January to discuss the fitness standard and was told abdominal crunches would be used for the sit-up portion of the test. Members who were tested later had to do full sit-ups.

A firefighter who failed the test three times has filed a grievance. It now goes to the Jeffersonville Fire Merit Commission.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:18 PM
crunches vs situps, big girly men....

How ironic, a substandard dyke calling them girly men! LOL

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:20 PM
substandard, not so much anymore. I don't see you up every morning at 5 am pting past the sun coming up till muscle failure.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:24 PM
substandard, not so much anymore. I don't see you up every morning at 5 am pting past the sun coming up till muscle failure.

Substandard as in you appear to be more of a bull dyke than a decent looking lesbo. As for my workout regimen, I've done my time. In fact, I've been getting up at 3-4am for over 20 years now. Do more than a few months of workouts and making believe you want to serve your country before you start acting all high and mighty. All I see thus far is a loud mouthed lesbian looking for a handout from the very people she trash talks.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:25 PM
bull dyke, you seen my pics, I'm under 110 pounds lipstick bi.

SassyLady
04-11-2010, 06:28 PM

I've seen your pics and you look like a 12 year old. Show us some pics of you running with your ROTC pals.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:29 PM
I'll get one in pts, everyone says I look young, always getting carded even at the public library trying to get a card.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:32 PM

Size has nothing to do with it, dumbass! A bull dyke is one who looks more like a man while a lipstick lesbian is one who is hot - you fit into the former category.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:33 PM
shrugs, works for me. You ain't so fine yourself.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:34 PM
shrugs, works for me. You ain't so fine yourself.

That's ok with me, I'm not trying to pick anyone up, and certainly not abnormally like someone of the same sex.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:35 PM
ain't never been with a girl but maybe one of the many army girls will be interested. Slightly above population average females are gay in the military.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:36 PM
ain't never been with a girl but maybe one of the many army girls will be interested. Slightly above population average females are gay in the military.

So you're a virgin lesbian. Do you share this with your potential cadets?

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:37 PM
don't ask, don't tell, if they asked I wouldn't mind sharing and yeah Ima virgin.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:39 PM
don't ask, don't tell, if they asked I wouldn't mind sharing and yeah Ima virgin.

For your sake you had better hope they don't ask if you're a lesbo, nothing has been repealed yet.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:40 PM
they aren't prosecuting anymore tho, it will be done soon enough.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:41 PM
they aren't prosecuting anymore tho, it will be done soon enough.

I could care less if they prosecute, I would just like to see them either deny you entry or kick you out.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:42 PM
cuz the boy who never served obviously know more than the military itself who they should accept.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:45 PM
cuz the boy who never served obviously know more than the military itself who they should accept.

I know many military people and many veterans, and have read millions of pages out of official magazines from the military. Most are against queers and many won't reenlist if DADT is repealed. Furthermore, the fact that the military made the rule in the first place and many in charge don't want it repealed, leads me to believe they know who they don't want to accept.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:48 PM
times are a changing, a new more tolerant generation is in the military now and most are against gay males, they think the girl on girl is hawt.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:49 PM
times are a changing, a new more tolerant generation is in the military now and most are against gay males, they think the girl on girl is hawt.

When they are pretty, I doubt they fell the same about watching a bull dyke.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:52 PM
18 yo gi joe will watch anything with boobies, eyes wide and mouth agape.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 07:00 PM
18 yo gi joe will watch anything with boobies, eyes wide and mouth agape.

Be sure to let them know when you grow a set! :coffee:

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 07:01 PM
small boobs are better for runnin, me likes my body.

LiberalNation
04-13-2010, 02:17 AM
cuz lord knows there aren't enough fires and ambulence calls to go around this year.

Lawsuit Leads To Fire Department Turf War

http://www.wlky.com/news/23131042/detail.html

SELLERSBURG, Ind. -- A lawsuit filed on Monday afternoon has led to a turf war between two Clark County volunteer fire departments.
The Sellersburg Volunteer Fire Department is suing the Utica Township Fire Department and the Clark County Commissioners, claiming both parties are knowingly violating Sellersburg's contract.
In that lawsuit, the Sellersburg department claimed it has lost out on hundreds of thousands of dollars because of a backroom deal. But the Utica department said that money is rightfully theirs.

It has pit two volunteer fire departments against each other.

"Our allegation is that the commissioners, specifically Clark County, have wrongfully attempted to allow Utica to provide ambulance service to areas in Clark County in which Sellersburg now provides," said Les Merkley, an attorney representing the Sellersburg Fire Department.
The lawsuit filed by the Sellersburg department claimed, "The Commissioners and Utica, without notice to SVFD, attempted to materially alter SVFD's contract with the Commissioners."
In layman's terms, the lawsuit alleged that the Utica Department infringed on Sellersburg's territory and the payments made by individuals and insurance companies for non-emergency ambulance transports.

"We believe that it's costing up to this day approximately $700,000 and that's a good chunk of money," Merkley said.

Merkley said that lost revenue stems from a contract altered in a backroom deal.

"It was done without any notice to Sellersburg Volunteer Fire Department. They did it behind our clients' back," Merkley said.

"There's no truth to that. It was done in a public meeting at the commissioner's meeting," said Chief Jamey Noel, CEO of the Utica Township Volunteer Firefighter's Association. "If they would have actually been at the meeting, they would have known that it was all discussed openly in a meeting."

The Utica department said the contract was changed in public, in the open. Noel said it's actually the Sellersburg department that's trying to monopolize non-emergency ambulance service in Clark County -- and the money that comes with it.
"I find it interesting that they would like to have restrictions placed on where we can conduct business, however, they want to be able to conduct business wherever they want to," Noel said.
Merkley said if the Sellersburg department can't conduct business where they want to, ambulance service cutbacks are inevitable.
"In the end, if this is not resolved, the citizens of Clark County are the ones that are going to be suffering," Merkley said.......

DragonStryk72
04-13-2010, 03:56 AM
Okay, well, I skipped past the rest of the crap past the OP and the most recent article. Personally, I think either one should count, they're just be anal-retentive at that point. a crunch is better for you than a sit-up really, but it's also harder on your abs. If they can meet either requirement, then it should just be dropped. As to the guy failing 3 times, not sure, there wasn't much more to the article, but that can be serious, since he could lose his place on the crew.

As to the 2nd article, I do understand where the two counties are coming from, actually. What we have there is one county, Sellersburg, is being sort of pushed about by Utica Township. Fire Companies do not make a huge amount of real money, so any time their area is being infringed upon, they're going to feel the burn. It seems as though Utica went ahead and had a meeting, but given the read of the article, it is likely that they "forgot" to invite the Sellersburg people, who would have likely had a bit to say about the matter.