PDA

View Full Version : 66% Say America Is Overtaxed

red states rule
04-12-2010, 03:57 AM
I doubt if Obama, Reid, and Pelosi will pay much attention to this poll as they ram thru massive tax increases on businesses and individuals

66% Say America Is Overtaxed

When thinking about all the services provided by federal, state and local governments, 75% of voters nationwide say the average American should pay no more than 20% of their income in taxes. However, the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that most voters (55%) believe the average American actually pays 30% or more of their income in taxes.

Sixty-six percent (66%) believe that America is overtaxed. Only 25% disagree.

Lower income voters are more likely than others to believe the nation is overtaxed.

Not surprisingly, the tax issue provokes a wide gap between the Political Class and Mainstream Americans. Eighty-one percent (81%) of Mainstream American voters believe the nation is overtaxed, while 74% of those in the Political Class disagree (see more about the Political Class and Mainstream Americans).

Eighty-one percent (81%) of Republicans believe the nation is overtaxed. So do 73% of voters not affiliated with either major party. Democrats are evenly divided on the question.

Among those who consider themselves part of the Tea Party movement, 96% believe the nation is overtaxed, and only one percent (1%) disagree.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/taxes/april_2010/66_say_america_is_overtaxed

Little-Acorn
04-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I just forked over an additional $6,200 to the IRS and the Calif tax board.

Can I send the bill to the other 34% who don't think they pay enough taxes?

krisy
04-12-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm surprised the number isn't higher than it is. They are thinking of anything they can to tax. Tanning salons,junk food. Really,is there anything left?

pete311
04-12-2010, 05:28 PM
RSR, just curious if you have looked at past years? I would have to guess that percentage has been pretty consistent over the past few decades. No one likes taxes and i think most will always feel over taxed.

krisy
04-12-2010, 05:40 PM
RSR, just curious if you have looked at past years? I would have to guess that percentage has been pretty consistent over the past few decades. No one likes taxes and i think most will always feel over taxed.

Chances are....we always have been:laugh2:

LiberalNation
04-12-2010, 06:29 PM
66% should move to europe or any other industrialized nations then come back and talk.

krisy
04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
66% should move to europe or any other industrialized nations then come back and talk.

They're probably overtaxed too.

red states rule
04-13-2010, 04:00 AM

Then who would pay for your handouts and social programs?

The fact is the top 1% of earners pay 40% of all federal income taxes

The top 5% pay 60%

The top 25% pay 86%

While the bottom 50% pay less then 3%
http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

That percentage does not incluse state and local taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, Social Security taxes. Medicare taxes, and the list goes on

So it is not uncommome to have people paying as much as 60% of their income in taxes - and Dems want more
Yet we are told we are not paying our fair share

Any comment LN? I assume you are in the group that pays next to nothing in taxes, and could not care less what other people pay.

Unless you are asked to pay more for your soda - then you get upset