PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Senate Bill Would Ban Salvia

LiberalNation
04-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Lets make more criminals out of lawabiding citizens. I've seen it in people flower beds, it has pretty blooms.

http://www.wlky.com/health/23128005/detail.html

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- It's a tall purple plant that starts to bloom as the temperatures warm. It's popular for many gardeners because of its striking color.

The plant is called salvia. If you go to any nursery or home improvement store, it's a popular seller. But state lawmakers have found some people aren't buying it to give their garden's a boost. They're buying to smoke it and get high.

Kentucky Rep. John Tilley is one of several lawmakers and senators behind Senate Bill 107, which would make the salvia plant illegal and a Schedule 1 controlled narcotic. That means it would fall in the same category of drugs that includes heroin, LSD, marijuana, cocaine and magic mushrooms.

Fifteen states have already made it illegal.

The plant isn't native to Kentucky. It originates in Mexico and South America. Research indicates it's a known narcotic there.

Lawmakers said salvia has no medicinal value and is purely a hallucinogen and opiate. Lawmakers are saying it's an illegal pot substitute and therefore, its use will be punishable as a felony under the proposed law.

So what about all of the dozens of merchants, florists, and home improvement stores that cultivate it, and those who have it in their gardens?

"I can't imagine any nursery that sells perennials, not selling that salvia, because it is so popular for customers," said Lauren Ballard, manager of Paul's Fruit Market.

According to the National Survey on Drug Use & Health report, an estimated 750,000 Americans use salvia.........

jimnyc
04-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Lets make more criminals out of lawabiding citizens. I've seen it in people flower beds, it has pretty blooms.

Hopefully they'll just go after the idiots who grow it to smoke and not the people who just have it growing naturally. But I have to tell ya, that's some ferocious stuff! I've smoked a lot of stuff in my days but nothing is remotely close to this stuff. Not good at all and just makes you literally insane for a short duration. They actually sell this stuff over the counter down south in some areas that I've been to. Buts seriously, I would normally agree with anyone on drug related stuff, especially stuff that grows naturally, but you might as well drink poison if you want to smoke this shit.

Here's a guy smoking some and starting to see shit! LOL

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0cE7GVXA9U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

LiberalNation
04-12-2010, 08:03 PM
bad trip man, bad trip.

cat slave
04-12-2010, 11:24 PM
It is a great plant and if someone is stupid enough to smoke it, they deserve
a bad trip!

Ive heard it really is a bad trip.

Trigg
04-13-2010, 10:32 AM
wow, guess I'm pretty far out of the loop. I've never heard of the plant.