PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama has proved to America — beyond reasonable doubt — he is NOT smart.

darin
04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Excellent piece highlighting the blind obedience/worship of our President:

If there is a single thing that Barack Obama has proved to the American people — beyond any reasonable doubt — it is that he is not smart. And neither are those so-called brilliant folks surrounding him, aiding him, advising him, and egging him on against the will of the people.

Barack Obama is charismatic. Or at least he was until mainstream Americans figured out he was a habitual liar and stopped listening to him.

From his whoppers about small things on the campaign trail (his uncle helped liberate Auschwitz; his parents married because of Selma; his father got a scholarship to America from the Kennedy’s) to his lies about very big things (his health care plan will reduce employer insurance premiums by 3000 percent, or $3,000 — still a lie), this president is now only allowed in polite company because he is the president. In any real-world company, inveterate liars are shunned as utterly untrustworthy, unreliable, unwelcome guests. (Unless their last name is “Clinton,” we shouldn’t forget.)

The still-blind sucker crowd that elected this charlatan to the most powerful CEO position in the world, on the strength of his skin color and a resume fit for the back of a postage stamp, cling to the hollow claim that their guy is just too smart for the rest of us commoners to understand him. And that whopper is just as believable to any sentient person as the president’s 3000 percent rate-reduction claim about his health care bill.

The proof that Barack Obama is not smart lies in his actions over the past year.

Never has so much goodwill been so thoroughly wasted and abused.

President Obama came into office riding a wave of well-wishes that was truly unprecedented. He also faced grave problems. He did not face unprecedented problems, as he so likes to pretend.

If President Obama were really the smartest guy of his generation, then he would have done the following:

He would have, first and foremost, surrounded himself with unimpeachable, morally sound, and experienced cabinet members. Instead he filled his cabinet with Clinton retreads, tax cheats, polarizing ideologues, and unfit-for-the-real-world academics.

Dumb. Really dumb.

Second, President Obama — if he were really smart — would have told his Chicago intimates, especially Desiree Rogers and his wife, Michelle, that until the economy was in full — very full — rebound, there would be no expensive, vulgar partying in the people’s house. Knowing full well that he had come into the presidency on his own rhetoric that we were facing the worst “economic crisis since the Great Depression,” Barack Obama would have known better — if he were really smart — than to order up gala parties with imported Wagu beef at $100 per pound, while he was speaking out the other side of his mouth about the disgusting nature of executive retreats to Las Vegas. A smart man would have known the people would see him as a hypocrite.

Instead, the Obamas partied hardy to the thralls of every society page in the country, quickly making themselves the butt of jokes from coast to coast.

Third, President Obama — if he were really smart — would have turned serious executive instead of media addict. He would not have appeared on a late-night comedy show. He would not have spent more time in front of a camera’s glow than he spent at his desk. He would have rolled up his sleeves and gotten down to the hard work of governing instead of hamming it up in public 24/7, which any truly smart person knows is not only bound to get old very fast, but also sends out the message loud and clear that no one is actually acting as president.

And if Obama were really intelligent, he would have hired a speech coach for the express purpose of weaning him from those confounded teleprompters. A man, who had just captured the presidency as the intellectual elite from Harvard, should have been smart enough to know that teleprompters malfunction and that camera phones take pictures of teleprompters and that when the people think they’ve elected a smart man, they should not be so easily disabused of that notion. It’s not good for the image one has worked so tirelessly to create.

Which brings us to the matter of foreign policy. A man who, apparently, confuses “smart diplomacy” with kicking all our friends in the shins and sucking up to our enemies, in the belief that this will make us new friends, is nothing short of mentally challenged — direly so. (Rahm would use the word “retarded,” but this is too kind, certainly.) In fact, knowing a number of folks affected by Down syndrome as I have, I am inclined to say that a committee of Special Olympians would have done far, far better in the realm of foreign policy than Obama & Company. At the very least, they would surely not have alienated our friends.

rest:
http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/these-are-the-smart-people-oh-please/?singlepage=true

LiberalNation
04-12-2010, 08:04 PM
cuz I see you sporting a havard law degree.

SassyLady
04-12-2010, 08:13 PM

Being intelligent doesn't mean smart. One can have a high IQ but if they don't know how to use it effectively then they are not very smart.

LiberalNation
04-12-2010, 08:19 PM
I'd say getting elected president of the free world is proof of smart. He beat out Hillary and she is hella intelligent if not the most likable person.

stephanie
04-12-2010, 08:24 PM
I'd say getting elected president of the free world is proof of smart. He beat out Hillary and she is hella intelligent if not the most likable person.

Sooooooooooooooooooo? you think Bush was SMART I take it.:dance:

SassyLady
04-12-2010, 08:24 PM

Does not mean HE is smart....just that he had a smart campaign manager.

Did you think Bush was smart? after all he got elected president - twice!

stephanie
04-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Obama is a lazy dumb poser. He is a fake through and through.

Yet he is a huge danger to us and our country by the people he has pulling his strings.

pete311
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Being intelligent doesn't mean smart. One can have a high IQ but if they don't know how to use it effectively then they are not very smart.

Actually the direct synonym for smart is intelligent. Maybe you are thinking of wisdom?

Nice blog source, who the hell is Kyle-Anne Shiver?

LiberalNation
04-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Did you think Bush was smart? after all he got elected president - twice!

yes I did, just cuz he had some trouble with words didn't make him dumb.

SassyLady
04-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Actually the direct synonym for smart is intelligent. Maybe you are thinking of wisdom?

Nope - was very clear about the fact that intelligence is not an indicator of how smart one is.

Goes back to that common sense thing.

pete311
04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Nope - was very clear about the fact that intelligence is not an indicator of how smart one is.

Goes back to that common sense thing.

Then you are making up definitions
http://thesaurus.com/browse/intelligent?&qsrc=2889

Main Entry: intelligent
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: very smart

SassyLady
04-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Then you are making up definitions
http://thesaurus.com/browse/intelligent?&qsrc=2889

Main Entry: intelligent
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: very smart

That would be a book definition ... I'm talking about life and experience definition.

A book will tell you that a fire is hot ... and your mother may have told you that the fire is hot ... and that would make you intelligent about knowing that a fire is hot. But do you really know what "hot" is?

pete311
04-12-2010, 10:22 PM
That would be a book definition ... I'm talking about life and experience definition.

A book will tell you that a fire is hot ... and your mother may have told you that the fire is hot ... and that would make you intelligent about knowing that a fire is hot. But do you really know what "hot" is?

Definitions are not subjective. You are just making your own rules here. I think you mean to compare intelligence with wisdom?

SassyLady
04-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Definitions are not subjective. You are just making your own rules here. I think you mean to compare intelligence with wisdom?

Pete - if that was what I meant to do, I would have done it.

Intelligence is knowing the definition.

Smart is knowing how to use the definition.

Wisdom is knowing when to give up trying to be smart by claiming to be intelligent.

cat slave
04-12-2010, 11:22 PM

Wisdom is knowing when to give up trying to be smart by claiming to be intelligent.

Excellent!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

pete311
04-12-2010, 11:36 PM

You are still making up definitions.

Intelligence is not synonymous with amount of knowledge. Intelligence is "the the ability to comprehend; to understand and profit from experience". After all, Kim Peek (rain man) had memorized the dictionary, but he certainly wasn't intelligent as he couldn't even understand metaphors.

Smart is mental quickness (calculation) and ease of learning. Kim Peek was very smart.

Wisdom is the utilization of knowledge

So when you say

One can have a high IQ but if they don't know how to use it effectively then they are not very smart.

You mean wise, because wisdom is the application of knowledge with "common sense" and insight.

So after reading this over a few times I will admit that you are correct that although they technically can be used in some cases interchangeably, they are different. But it still holds that you meant wisdom. Being smart is not the application of knowledge, that is wisdom.

SassyLady
04-12-2010, 11:46 PM
You are still making up definitions.

Intelligence is not synonymous with amount of knowledge. Intelligence is "the the ability to comprehend; to understand and profit from experience". After all, Kim Peek (rain man) had memorized the dictionary, but he certainly wasn't intelligent as he couldn't even understand metaphors.

Smart is mental quickness (calculation) and ease of learning. Kim Peek was very smart.

Wisdom is the utilization of knowledge

So when you say

You mean wise, because wisdom is the application of knowledge with "common sense" and insight.

So after reading this over a few times I will admit that you are correct that although they technically can be used in some cases interchangeably, they are different. But it still holds that you meant wisdom. Being smart is not the application of knowledge, that is wisdom.

So, with this understanding, how would you rate Obama and the way he is leading this country?

pete311
04-12-2010, 11:49 PM
So, with this understanding, how would you rate Obama and the way he is leading this country?

Much of his actions I am still forming an opinion for. I read a lot from many sides and they all have convincing points. But for me personally, nothing he has done has altered my standard of living.

SassyLady
04-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Much of his actions I am still forming an opinion for. I read a lot from many sides and they all have convincing points. But for me personally, nothing he has done has altered my standard of living.

Fair enough. That is one way of judging his performance.

darin
04-13-2010, 04:00 AM
Wow - all this comment from pete reminds me of something I Learnt in school...

"There may be no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots".

Obama is NOT smart. He's educated. The blog posts examples of how Obama has done very not-smart things. He wasn't elected because he's smart OR educated. He was elected because he's charismatic. Today people vote for Class President - a popularity contest based on personality.

LiberalNation
04-13-2010, 04:07 AM
so it is, so it has always been. Elective democracies are all about popularity.

darin
04-13-2010, 06:39 AM
so it is, so it has always been. Elective democracies are all about popularity.

Here's the truth: People tend to vote for the best 'likeable' person, regardless of credentials. People, as we all know, are, as a group, f'ing idiots. :)

Elections should be decided by the most-qualified, whether the electorate likes the candidate's personality, or not.

Gaffer
04-13-2010, 07:15 AM

In other words, you are making enough or have enough money that the rising costs of gas, food and utilities is not affecting you yet. So that makes him a benign president. He's been in there over a year and your still forming an opinion?

Jeff
04-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Wow - all this comment from pete reminds me of something I Learnt in school...

"There may be no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots".

Obama is NOT smart. He's educated. The blog posts examples of how Obama has done very not-smart things. He wasn't elected because he's smart OR educated. He was elected because he's charismatic. Today people vote for Class President - a popularity contest based on personality.

Not only was he elected because he is Charismatic which did have a role in it, but he was elected mainly cause of the color of his skin, time to stand up and except reality , he has what 92% of the black vote 88% of the Hispanic vote add the liberals in and the die hard Dems that would vote for the devil himself ( which personally I think they did) as long as he had a D after his name and that is why we know have the stupidest President of all times

And Pete if you honestly don't think your life has changed at all due to this nit wit ya might want to get out a bit more :eek:

And LN Hillary, seriously :laugh2: this is the same woman the only woman or American that still believes READ MY LIPS I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT WOMAN :laugh2:

Gaffer
04-13-2010, 08:22 AM
And LN Hillary, seriously this is the same woman the only woman or American that still believes READ MY LIPS I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT WOMAN

That's cause she believes a blow job is not sex. I'm sure BJ convinced her of that when she was young and naive.

Snort, snort, now she's old and naive.

Binky
04-13-2010, 09:27 AM

Well, the actions he had showed us early on and those he chose to hang with should have given you a giant clue by now as to just how smart he is....IMO, hanging with such individuals wasn't the smartest thing he could have done....and certainly isn't going to help his career down the road.....

He is arrogant and envisions himself as the king of the world..... While other presidents may have been arrogant as well, I don't think they came across to the citizens as believing they were the answer to our prayers......

darin
04-13-2010, 11:22 AM
In my experience those who won't form an opinion are scared of being wrong. They'll wait until everything has been answered then they will jump on board with the side which was proven correct. Fence-riders....

Monkeybone
04-13-2010, 12:22 PM
In my experience those who won't form an opinion are scared of being wrong. They'll wait until everything has been answered then they will jump on board with the side which was proven correct. Fence-riders.... I don't know about that D.... I think that I will have to wait for his response to state my opinion.

Binky
04-13-2010, 12:35 PM
In my experience those who won't form an opinion are scared of being wrong. They'll wait until everything has been answered then they will jump on board with the side which was proven correct. Fence-riders....

There are many like that, but I, for one, am not afraid to state my opinion. It will remain the same 20 years from now. It is what it is. You are known by the company you keep........and actions speak louder than words. Aren't those what we've been taught as children? And no matter how much I try, I can't get past those words.......

Abbey Marie
04-13-2010, 12:43 PM

It's called Affirmative Action.

(And it is the cause of tons of dropouts from colleges each year).

-Cp
04-13-2010, 12:59 PM

If you actually read the article - which I know you didn't read it all - you would've seen this at the end of it:

Kyle-Anne Shiver is an independent journalist and a frequent contributor to American Thinker. She welcomes your comments at www.kyleanneshiver.com.

pete311
04-13-2010, 01:06 PM

I will admit sometimes I am paralyzed when forming an opinion on a controversial issue. Often times there will be highly qualified experts on each side with good points. Even moral issues I sway back and forth between. Nothing in this life is black and white. If that is a flaw, then I admit it.

It's called Affirmative Action.

AA doesn't help you achieve magna cum laude at Harvard Law School.

Trigg
04-13-2010, 03:00 PM

We still don't know what his grades were, since he's the only President, that I can think of, who hasn't released them. What has he got to hide.

We all remember how Kerry spouted off about how dumb Bush was, then low and behold, we find out his grades were LOWER.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/columnist/benedetto/2005-06-10-benedetto_x.htm

pete311
04-13-2010, 03:23 PM
We still don't know what his grades were, since he's the only President, that I can think of, who hasn't released them. What has he got to hide.

He graduated magna cum laude, that is top 10%. You can't get much more impressive than that.

82Marine89
04-13-2010, 04:00 PM

We all remember how Kerry spouted off about how dumb Bush was, then low and behold, we find out his grades were LOWER.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/columnist/benedetto/2005-06-10-benedetto_x.htm

He graduated magna cum laude, that is top 10%. You can't get much more impressive than that.

President Bush was the only president to have a Masters Degree when elected. So much for Barry dropping his cum on you.

darin
04-13-2010, 04:13 PM
I will admit sometimes I am paralyzed when forming an opinion on a controversial issue. Often times there will be highly qualified experts on each side with good points. Even moral issues I sway back and forth between. Nothing in this life is black and white. If that is a flaw, then I admit it.

I dunno if it's because of my military training and experience, but I form opinions generally quickly. I take a look at an issue then decide. My decision-making has bit me from time to time, however. For instance, i've learned some of the issues I had about Christianity and Sin and all that were only issues because I decided poorly - without considering questioning the 'experts'. Make sense?

pete311
04-13-2010, 05:26 PM
President Bush was the only president to have a Masters Degree when elected. So much for Barry dropping his cum on you.

Bush's cumulative grade point average was 77. That would not be close to 10%.

Nukeman
04-13-2010, 05:32 PM

You know that for a fact?????? Have you seen his transcripts????????????? Last I checked NO ONE in the public has seen them, Is this like his being a Law "Professor" which was just proved FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nukeman
04-13-2010, 05:33 PM

Well at least we SAW his grades, we had proof he passed one of the toughest curriculum's in the US.....

82Marine89
04-13-2010, 06:01 PM

Again, President Bush has a Masters Degree and had it before becoming President. He was the most educated of all Presidents when he was elected, to include your Messiah.

BoogyMan
04-13-2010, 06:10 PM

Bush had a Masters from Harvard and yet every liberal I see talks about how "not smart" they think he is. Could you be engaged in a bit of hypocrisy here? Methinks it to be so.

darin
04-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Bush had a Masters from Harvard...

...and likely still does ;)

:D
:cheers2:

BoogyMan
04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
...and likely still does ;)

:D
:cheers2:

Don't make me come over there......:poke:

pete311
04-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Again, President Bush has a Masters Degree and had it before becoming President. He was the most educated of all Presidents when he was elected, to include your Messiah.

meh, Harvard Law vs Harvard Business is a toss up. Bush got a 77, Obama was top 10%. Obama was also the head of the Harvard Law Review. Everyone knows Bush went to Harvard for connections and not to learn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_educati on

BoogyMan
04-13-2010, 06:37 PM
meh, Harvard Law vs Harvard Business is a toss up. Bush got a 77, Obama was top 10%. Obama was also the head of the Harvard Law Review. Everyone knows Bush went to Harvard for connections and not to learn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_educati on

Everyone knows Bush went to Harvard for connections? Gads man, read something other than Huffpo and Think Progress.

jimnyc
04-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Everyone knows Bush went to Harvard for connections and not to learn.

If he didn't go their to learn, can you tell me what he did to attain his masters degree? Of are you going to pull another liberal retarded claim and state it was given to him because of his connections?

82Marine89
04-13-2010, 07:05 PM

Wiki is not approved for use by any university. Give me a solid :link: to back up that claim because apparently I'm left out of the "everyone" crowd. .

SassyLady
04-13-2010, 10:33 PM

Just think what kind of grades he would have received if he had gone there to learn and not socialize. :coffee:

pete311
04-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Just think what kind of grades he would have received if he had gone there to learn and not socialize. :coffee:

best joke i've heard here! :clap:

Abbey Marie
04-14-2010, 12:11 AM

AA doesn't help you achieve magna cum laude at Harvard Law School.

Who says it doesn't? Chances are very good that his profs helped him along.
I have heard that once you are in Harvard (undergrad), they make sure you succeed. Why would the law school be any different, especially for a charismatic young black man in such a liberal setting?

I had friend who was "helped along" by a professor she was sleeping with. She magically got best paper awards, and a spot on law review, even though others were smarter and knew their stuff better.

Oh, and btw, Law Review is not an anonymous selection process.

In any event, it is the getting in that is often the hardest part. And AA is the magic elixir for that.

sgtdmski
04-14-2010, 03:37 AM

Really so during the eight years of Reagan and the eight years of Bush II, all you liberals were lying about them being dumb!!!!!!! NEWSFLASH, proof of liberals lying for 16 years!!!!!

So if we now know liberals lie!!!!!! Admitted by a liberal!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!

So we now know we can not believe anything a liberal says, it is all lies!!!

dmk

sgtdmski
04-14-2010, 03:55 AM

Actually it was Yale in which Bush was the legacy. Yale was where both his father and grandfather attended, and George W was admitted because of their legacy.

But their is no connection with his father and grandfather with Harvard. Now his name and father's connection with the RNC and CIA may have helped.
But we all remember the attempt of the Kerry campaign to portray Bush as dumb, but the facts really hurt Kerry. In his freshmen year at Yale Kerry received 4 D's. In his 4 years at Yale Bush received 1 D. By my calculations, it would seem that Kerry is 3 times dumber than Bush!

dmk