PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes traded to Jets

jackass
04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Pittsburg Steelers have decided to rid themselves of the 26 year old, Super Bowl MVP, for a 5th round draft pick!!

jimnyc
04-12-2010, 07:36 PM
I was pretty pissed to read this, but the Steelers always get rid of players that get suspensions or convictions. He was suspended 4 games 2 years ago for a marijuana arrest, and is now suspended the first 4 games with the Jets for substance abuse policy. Such a shame as he's an awesome receiver, and worth more than a damn 5th round pick! They also let Willie Parker go a few weeks back who I think signed with the Redskins. I hope they are doing the right thing and have players to fill these gaps.

darin
04-12-2010, 07:36 PM
REALLY Hope this sets the Bar for Seattle to get Brandon Marshall. :)

jimnyc
04-12-2010, 07:52 PM

My first thought was hoping the Steelers would make a move for him after dumping Holmes, but they aren't big in signing big name players like him. From what I've been reading it seems it's just a matter of time before Seattle signs him.

jimnyc
04-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Now I'm reading that the league is considering suspending Big Ben for a few games, even though he's never even been charged. Not saying he's guilty/innocent, but it could be women just going after dollar signs. I don't think anyone should be suspended without drug proof in their system or a conviction. Will have to wait and see.

82Marine89
04-12-2010, 08:32 PM
http://www.netnax.net/imgs/sports/new-york-jets1.png

jimnyc
04-13-2010, 08:03 AM
I hate the Jets for taking Alen Faneca and now Santonio - but if the Steelers are going to suck I admit I wouldn't mind seeing them push for a ring. Anything is better than the Giants doing well here in the NYC area!! I hate the Giants, and I hate them because Jackass likes them, hate them because my brother in law likes them, and hope they go winless for all those reasons! LOL

Jeff
04-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Now I'm reading that the league is considering suspending Big Ben for a few games, even though he's never even been charged. Not saying he's guilty/innocent, but it could be women just going after dollar signs. I don't think anyone should be suspended without drug proof in their system or a conviction. Will have to wait and see.

The law decided not to press charges that should be enough said, this is double jeopardy, no he wasn't found innocent but apparently there wasn't even enough evidence to bring charges up on him

I still stand behind Vick, he did his time let him play if he can do so, with that said how in the heck can you punish someone that wasn't even tried

But so y'all know the squellers, Jets and Giants suck, GO MIAMI , LOL

82Marine89
04-13-2010, 09:41 AM
I hate the Jets for taking Alen Faneca and now Santonio - but if the Steelers are going to suck I admit I wouldn't mind seeing them push for a ring. Anything is better than the Giants doing well here in the NYC area!! I hate the Giants, and I hate them because Jackass likes them, hate them because my brother in law likes them, and hope they go winless for all those reasons! LOL

The law decided not to press charges that should be enough said, this is double jeopardy, no he wasn't found innocent but apparently there wasn't even enough evidence to bring charges up on him

I still stand behind Vick, he did his time let him play if he can do so, with that said how in the heck can you punish someone that wasn't even tried

But so y'all know the squellers, Jets and Giants suck, GO MIAMI , LOL

I hate Eli Manning more than the Giants. Anyone who thinks he's better than a team before he ever plays a down should be blindsided every game.

Ben, if he does get punished, will do so because he has a clause in his contract, as do all players, that he must maintain a different set of standards and not put himself in these type of situations. Fair? Maybe not, but he signed his contract.

BTW, I root for Dallas first, the Jets second.

jimnyc
04-14-2010, 02:50 PM

Bummer for Seattle, looks like he is going to Miami.

Jeff
04-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Bummer for Seattle, looks like he is going to Miami.

Miami in the super bowl this year !!!! :thumb: