PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid (D-NV): The next big bill we will pass is Amnesty for illegal aliens

Little-Acorn
04-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Harry Reid is starting to beat the drums again for what he misleadingly called "Immigration Reform". This has usually turned out to be a plan to give a "path to citizenship" for the illegal aliens already in the country, as though they needed one. And it usually involves NOT giving an enhanced "path" for those who obeyed our laws, applied for visas and green cards, and have been waiting patiently for years.

H eis right when he said he needed to do it this year. After the elections, and particularly after his ramming through a Socialized Medicine programs against the will of the people, he knows his political days are numbered, and that the Democrats and RINOS such as McCain will never have another chance to ram through any more bills the people don't want.

It's now or never.

We prefer Choice B, of course. But lame-duck Democrats no longer care what we prefer.

-------------------------------------------

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/11/us/politics/11immig.html

From Senate Majority Leader, a Promise to Take Up Immigration Overhaul

by JULIA PRESTON
Published: April 10, 2010

The Senate majority leader, Harry Reid, told an exuberant crowd at an immigration rally Saturday in Las Vegas that Congress would start work on an immigration overhaul as soon as lawmakers return this week from a recess.

“We’re going to come back, we’re going to have comprehensive immigration reform now,” he said in a speech to more than 6,000 people, mostly immigrants, gathered downtown.

“We need to do this this year,” Mr. Reid said, drawing cheers from the crowd, which included many Latinos. “We cannot wait.”

Mr. Reid surprised immigrants and advocates with his direct commitment to moving forward with legislation on the volatile issue, with the Senate already divided by the passage of a health care overhaul. Also, as a result of Justice John Paul Stevens’s announcement last week that he would retire, the Obama administration and the Senate will have to focus this summer on winning confirmation of a Supreme Court nominee.

The Democratic leader was nearing the end of a week of hard campaigning in his bid for re-election in Nevada, which is facing record unemployment and the nation’s highest foreclosure rate. After seeing small turnouts at several campaign stops, he appeared elated by the boisterous gathering in Las Vegas.

“We’re going to pass immigration reform, just as we passed health care reform,” Mr. Reid said in a five-minute speech. Latino voters, who strongly support an overhaul, were crucial to President Obama’s upset victory in the state in 2008.

82Marine89
04-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Time to melt their phone lines again.

Jeff
04-13-2010, 07:49 AM
The Dems will try there hardest to get the illegals amnesty before November, all part of Obamas plan, everyone thought those voting to ram health care down our throats were committing professional suicide, but when Obama makes all the illegals legal he will then have there vote plus all the legal immigrants, the black vote and the liberals, it is a win win for the Dems

Little-Acorn
04-13-2010, 12:18 PM
The Dems will try there hardest to get the illegals amnesty before November, all part of Obamas plan, everyone thought those voting to ram health care down our throats were committing professional suicide, but when Obama makes all the illegals legal he will then have there vote plus all the legal immigrants, the black vote and the liberals, it is a win win for the Dems

And once again, we see that a winning situation for the Democrats is a losing situation for the country.

Not hard to see which side the Democrats favor.

bullypulpit
04-14-2010, 05:33 AM
GOP icon and patron saint, Ronald Reagan, granted amnesty to 4 million illegal aliens when he signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 into law. So why is it a bad thing now? Oh...right, the current president is a a Marxist/Nazi/ Muslim/black christian nationalist/America hating Kenyan(Did I forget anything?) not a black Irish cracker.

Kathianne
04-14-2010, 05:37 AM
Reid is just trying to get the amnesty vote in NV, he'll take any blocs he can get. It's unlikely to help him though.

Monkeybone
04-14-2010, 06:15 AM
GOP icon and patron saint, Ronald Reagan, granted amnesty to 4 million illegal aliens when he signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 into law. So why is it a bad thing now? Oh...right, the current president is a a Marxist/Nazi/ Muslim/black christian nationalist/America hating Kenyan(Did I forget anything?) not a black Irish cracker. But wasn't that supposed to stop the problem then? That way we wouldn't be overwhelmed by them and we could make the process of becoming a citizen better?

if they are just going to keep doing it every few years, might as well just get rid of the border.

CSM
04-14-2010, 07:57 AM
GOP icon and patron saint, Ronald Reagan, granted amnesty to 4 million illegal aliens when he signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 into law. So why is it a bad thing now? Oh...right, the current president is a a Marxist/Nazi/ Muslim/black christian nationalist/America hating Kenyan(Did I forget anything?) not a black Irish cracker.

How about not repeating the same mistake twice? It did not work when RR did it, so why would you want your demi-god to fail?

Nukeman
04-14-2010, 07:58 AM

But wasn't that supposed to stop the problem then? That way we wouldn't be overwhelmed by them and we could make the process of becoming a citizen better?

if they are just going to keep doing it every few years, might as well just get rid of the border.

BP, what Monkey said is correct. Why would YOU want to REPEAT a mistake?? It didn't stem the flow of illegals than and it sure as hell won't today.

Honestly bully, why the hell would you want to repeat a mistake. I didn't really pay a whole lot of attention to the amnesty Reagan granted due to the fact I was in high school. However now that our govt is running out of money, or social programs are at bursting point, health care as you know is in bad shape due to non-payment, and over use of the ER by non-insured individuals. You want to add 30 million more people on those already over extended services. My God man why not just through the whole country in the toilet and make it a 3rd world nation....

I know I am exaggerating a little but WE CAN'T HANDLE THAT MANY MORE PEOPLE ON THE DOLE RIGHT NOW.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cat slave
04-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Not to mention all their extended familys sucking off the services that should
only be available to citizens.

Everyone makes a mistake now and then.....its not time to do it again, ever.
We have living proof of what it does to our country. How smart is it to repeat
bad bills thinking it will make anything better...dont they call that insanity?

cat slave
04-17-2010, 03:44 PM

LOL! The joke is so on you and your one track mind.....Osama, uh, Obama
is not black...rotflmao.....hes just not quite white!!!!!! Youve so been had.
Youll buy anything! I get the biggest laugh everytime BO is called "black"!!!
ROTFL!!!!!

Get over the race gig, its gotten really old and worn out.

Binky
04-17-2010, 04:10 PM
LOL! The joke is so on you and your one track mind.....Osama, uh, Obama
is not black...rotflmao.....hes just not quite white!!!!!! Youve so been had.
Youll buy anything! I get the biggest laugh everytime BO is called "black"!!!
ROTFL!!!!!

Get over the race gig, its gotten really old and worn out.

He's a half breed...A mullato.....White and black....He just hasn't embraced the white half. It's the black half he's concentrated on since he was a child.....

Binky
04-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Time to melt their phone lines again.

Time to get them out of office. They've done enough damage. Amnesty is the governments way out of a situation they helped to create, since it can't seem to figure a way out without it.....

SassyLady
04-17-2010, 04:17 PM
He's a half breed...A mullato.....White and black....He just hasn't embraced the white half. It's the black half he's concentrated on since he was a child.....

Because in America it seems that being a member of a victimized group will get you ahead faster than one's own initiative.