PDA

View Full Version : KY Man charged with making moonshine

LiberalNation
04-13-2010, 05:16 AM
A true KY pastime, we make some of the best white liquor in the world.

http://gcnewsgazette.com/bookmark/7043522

prohibition era, the Grayson County Sheriff’s Department shut down an illegal moonshine operation earlier this week.

According to Detective Terry Blanton, the department received a report of an illegal moonshine operation in Clarkson.

Upon investigation around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Blanton said he discovered a working “still” and three gallons of finished moonshine in a garage belonging to Phillip Grant, of Millerstown Road.

Grant, 45, was cited to court and charged with possession of an apparatus for unlawful manufacturing prohibited homemade (alcohol).

Blanton said he had never uncovered anything like this before and contacted the FBI to find out the correct charges.........

Monkeybone
04-13-2010, 06:13 AM
see.. I thought that the law had changed and it was only illegal if you were selling it. guess I was wrong.

PostmodernProphet
04-13-2010, 06:36 AM
it was an ethanol plant, your honor.....just doing my thing to help the environment.......I plead not guilty......

MtnBiker
04-13-2010, 09:39 AM
The government can't have people making their own alcohol, they need the tax revenue.

Trigg
04-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Making your own moonshine is a pretty common thing down there.

Binky
04-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Making your own moonshine is a pretty common thing down there.

I remember seeing wine making kits in stores back in the 70's and 80's. Don't know if they can still be sold in stores or not. Soooo............makes me wonder why it wasn't illegal for stores to sell them......Come to think of it, my son had one back in the mid '90's.....hmmmm.......I wonder whatever became of that thing.....hmmmm...... Oh well.........I wouldn't even waste my time making wine anyway. If I want some I'll go buy it........

Trigg
04-13-2010, 02:55 PM
I remember seeing wine making kits in stores back in the 70's and 80's. Don't know if they can still be sold in stores or not. Soooo............makes me wonder why it wasn't illegal for stores to sell them......Come to think of it, my son had one back in the mid '90's.....hmmmm.......I wonder whatever became of that thing.....hmmmm...... Oh well.........I wouldn't even waste my time making wine anyway. If I want some I'll go buy it........

Honestly, I don't know what the difference is between homemade wine/beer kits and whiskey.

When prohibition was defeated, making moonshine should have become legal. There are a few dry counties left in Kentucky, in fact, the county where Jack Daniels is made is dry.

PostmodernProphet
04-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Honestly, I don't know what the difference is between homemade wine/beer kits and whiskey.

When prohibition was defeated, making moonshine should have become legal. There are a few dry counties left in Kentucky, in fact, the county where Jack Daniels is made is dry.

taxes.....that's why the guys looking for stills are called "revenuers".....

LiberalNation
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
our county just voted to go wet, Kentucky lake county is still dry however, must bring your own booze.

HogTrash
04-13-2010, 07:58 PM
My dear ole granpappy once told me, "Hoggy, the best liquior you'll ever drink is well made moonshine :cheers2: and the worst liquior you'll ever drink is poorly made moonshine". :alcoholic:

He was right...

Binky
04-14-2010, 06:16 PM

Jack Daniels dry country. Now that's an interesting little tidbit. I never would've thought about that.....

Binky
04-14-2010, 06:18 PM
My dear ole granpappy once told me, "Hoggy, the best liquior you'll ever drink is well made moonshine :cheers2: and the worst liquior you'll ever drink is poorly made moonshine". :alcoholic:

He was right...

That of which I'm sure you know a lot about........:laugh2:

HogTrash
04-14-2010, 08:19 PM
That of which I'm sure you know a lot about........:laugh2:Yes indeed Miss Binky...It is one of the many areas in which my expertise is widely renowned. :thumb:

Mr. P
04-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Yes indeed Miss Binky...It is one of the many areas in which my expertise is widely renowned. :thumb:

Yeah, I'll bet you only make WHITE LIGHTNIN! :poke::laugh2: