PDA

View Full Version : USS Murtha ???

namvet
04-15-2010, 03:58 PM
I can't believe the USN would even consider naming a ship after this traitor

The Navy's decision to name a ship for the late Rep. John Murtha has outraged some critics who have not forgiven the Pennsylvania Democrat for accusing U.S. Marines of murdering Iraqi civilians "in cold blood" five years ago.

The Navy is naming its newest San Antonio-class amphibious transport-dock LPD 26 for Murtha, the powerful chairman of the House Defense Appropriations Subcommittee who became an outspoken and influential critic of the Iraq war.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/15/navy-ship-named-late-rep-murtha-draws-criticism/

LiberalNation
04-15-2010, 05:17 PM
he did his time and served his country. Being pissed about 20 dead women and children is not unreasonable although he jumped the gun.

namvet
04-15-2010, 06:48 PM
so did the men he accused. good news is he's barkin' in hell !!!!

CSM
04-16-2010, 06:34 AM
It would seem more fitting to me if they named some garbage scow that has been in dry dock since 1974 after the Honorable Mr. Murtha.

He did serve honorably in the military and certainly deserves some amount of respect for that. As Congressman, after 18 terms, he was about as useless as air brakes on a turtle.

PostmodernProphet
04-16-2010, 10:06 AM
I think it's all a misunderstanding brought about by a spelling error....they intended to call it the USS Mutha....

KarlMarx
04-16-2010, 10:23 AM
By the same line of reasoning, the USS Benedict Arnold might also be considered.

After all, Mr. Arnold did serve his country under General Washington. That is, up until he decided that the Revolution was a lost cause and that he'd would be better off cashing in his chips...

General Washington was so impressed with his change of heart that he wanted to give him a 21 gun salute...

with the guns aimed at Mr Arnold.

Unfortunately, President Washington did not get the pleasure of dispatching Mr Arnold. In fact, Mr Arnold outlived President Washington by a year or two.