PDA

View Full Version : Economic indicators in these metros have gone from bad to worse, with no sign of reco

Jeff
04-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Someone needs to send this to Obama, seems he is the only one in the Country that feels we are in recovery mode

Miami boasts a popular South Beach club scene, Art Deco Architecture, and perhaps the best Cuban food in the country. But residents don't have much else to celebrate.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/us-cities-in-free-fall

Kathianne
04-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Someone needs to send this to Obama, seems he is the only one in the Country that feels we are in recovery mode

Miami boasts a popular South Beach club scene, Art Deco Architecture, and perhaps the best Cuban food in the country. But residents don't have much else to celebrate.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/us-cities-in-free-fall

That's what it's like here too!

pete311
04-16-2010, 11:57 AM
What would you propose he do? Wave a magic wand over the city? Kiss its boo boos? I think you imagine Obama having more power than he really does. Miami's problems start at a local level.

Jeff
04-16-2010, 12:04 PM
What would you propose he do? Wave a magic wand over the city? Kiss its boo boos? I think you imagine Obama having more power than he really does. Miami's problems start at a local level.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I guess you missed Obama saying the worst is over the economy is recovering ?? Seems the media has a different idea here, as does anyone that isn't one of the messiahs disciples, as for the local level I don't know you but have a hunch you lead the charge on GW after Katrina, talk about local levels,:laugh2: and I know what your response will be and I can't prove a thing, BUT YOU KNOW

And Pete if you had read the article you would of seen it isn't just Miami :poke:

pete311
04-16-2010, 12:13 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I guess you missed Obama saying the worst is over the economy is recovering ?? Seems the media has a different idea here, as does anyone that isn't one of the messiahs disciples, as for the local level I don't know you but have a hunch you lead the charge on GW after Katrina, talk about local levels,:laugh2: and I know what your response will be and I can't prove a thing, BUT YOU KNOW

And Pete if you had read the article you would of seen it isn't just Miami :poke:

Certainly those words were premature (not as bad as "mission accomplished" though). We still have a commercial real estate market bubble and inflation in a couple years could spell trouble, but overall at least the markets are rebounding (GS news today is bad).

I read the entire article and looked at the list of cities. They are all florida and southwest bubble cities. Local leadership and big business screwed those cities, not obama.

Jeff
04-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Certainly those words were premature (not as bad as "mission accomplished" though). We still have a commercial real estate market bubble and inflation in a couple years could spell trouble, but overall at least the markets are rebounding (GS news today is bad).

I read the entire article and looked at the list of cities. They are all florida and southwest bubble cities. Local leadership and big business screwed those cities, not obama.

Thats your story and your sticking to it :laugh2:

If you had read the article ya wouldn't of thrown out just Miami, and these are not the only cities in trouble as you and I both know, this is a article concentrating on these cities but I wonder if DC or NYC is flourishing under Obama and his stimulus , how about Philly, one time it was a beautiful city with slums on the out skirts, now it is just slums, time to stand up and man up Pete, we all make mistakes and those that voted for Obama made a giant one, time to act like a adult admit it and unite with the rest of the country to fix it

pete311
04-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Thats your story and your sticking to it :laugh2:

If you had read the article ya wouldn't of thrown out just Miami, and these are not the only cities in trouble as you and I both know, this is a article concentrating on these cities but I wonder if DC or NYC is flourishing under Obama and his stimulus , how about Philly, one time it was a beautiful city with slums on the out skirts, now it is just slums, time to stand up and man up Pete, we all make mistakes and those that voted for Obama made a giant one, time to act like a adult admit it and unite with the rest of the country to fix it

Jeff you blast me for focusing on miami? Look again at your first post.

I was at South Beach in Dec and yeah Miami has some big crime and real estate problems, but at least South Beach was pretty normal. The usual hot chicks, good food and nice beaches. Carry on.

Of course most cities are struggling. We've been going through an economic crisis for over two years. Obama came in the middle of it. There is no one politician who has a magic wand or policy to make things all better. When big business rapes and manipulates markets for a decade or more, this is what happens. I don't think anyone expected obama to come in and make the US a fairytale land. That is not realistic. We'd be in the same general mess if McCain was in office, there is nothing he could have done either.

Jeff
04-16-2010, 12:48 PM

I was at South Beach in Dec and yeah Miami has some big crime and real estate problems, but at least South Beach was pretty normal. The usual hot chicks, good food and nice beaches. Carry on.

Of course most cities are struggling. We've been going through an economic crisis for over two years. Obama came in the middle of it. There is no one politician who has a magic wand or policy to make things all better. When big business rapes and manipulates markets for a decade or more, this is what happens. I don't think anyone expected obama to come in and make the US a fairytale land. That is not realistic. We'd be in the same general mess if McCain was in office, there is nothing he could have done either.

Agreed Pete
But the article was to show how ignorant Obama is, His words not mine , WE ARE IN THE RECOVERY STAGE, EVERYTHING IS ON A UP SWING

The thread was to show not all believe as Obama

IMO we would be in the shape we are in no matter who was in office again we agree, difference being is we may truly be on the correct path to fixing things if we had a leader with a brain, again to use his words, HE IS ACTING STUPIDLY,with comments like this aimed at showing how racist and stupid he is no wonder we are sinking quicker that a 1 tom rock in the lake, maybe if he stopped trying to be a rock star and really tried to be a president he may do something right

Mr. P
04-16-2010, 12:54 PM

Ya wanna talk "the middle" of it think Bush. In after the dot com burst and in 8 months 9/11 which plunged us deeper. He turned it around..Ash yourself how he did that and your love hasn't, can't and won't.

pete311
04-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Ya wanna talk "the middle" of it think Bush. In after the dot com burst and in 8 months 9/11 which plunged us deeper. He turned it around..Ash yourself how he did that and your love hasn't, can't and won't.

First of all I voted for Bush.

Secondly, please provide me with sources as to how his policies directly turned the economy around after the dot com bomb. Thirdly show me how the dot com dot was anything like this crisis.

Jeff
04-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Pete I am not going to provide you a link as I think any honest person will admit , the night GW was originally elected ( you remember when Mr. Global warming was told no more recounts) the news media stated the very first thing he must do is get the economy back in order that we are heading towards ( if not all ready in) a rescission, so ya see this problem isn't just the last 2 years, it has been going on for a long time, Did GW fix it, NO, but our Libs and Dems screamed he spent to much, Obama has already spent way more than GW did, so sorry, but all I see is Obama doing the same thing GW did only ten times over, so please explain to me if GW was wrong, then how is doing the same as he did only at a much faster rate going to help ?

pete311
04-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Pete I am not going to provide you a link as I think any honest person will admit

Jeff my request was not an action of doubt, I merely wanted to read up on your statement. I'll try to search the interweb for stories.

Gaffer
04-16-2010, 04:00 PM
We have been in economic trouble for two years. Guess what congress has been controlled by the liberals for two years. See anything relative in that? Now they have a president to sign all their spending bills with a blind eye. He will also sign all the unconstitutional laws they can come up with.

pete311
04-16-2010, 04:08 PM
We have been in economic trouble for two years. Guess what congress has been controlled by the liberals for two years. See anything relative in that? Now they have a president to sign all their spending bills with a blind eye. He will also sign all the unconstitutional laws they can come up with.

Maybe if you show me some specific policies they enacted that contributed to the crisis, otherwise this is mere biased speculation. The bubble was formed over the past 5-6 years. It was going to pop sooner or later.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123630304198047321.html

Mr. P
04-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Maybe if you show me some specific policies they enacted that contributed to the crisis, otherwise this is mere biased speculation. The bubble was formed over the past 5-6 years. It was going to pop sooner or later.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123630304198047321.html

But the policy started with Clinton. Bush should have ended it but he didn't. Google it.

cat slave
04-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Whatever came before what we have now is a naive, ideologue who babbles
incessantly on every single subject of importance like he knows shit.

Give me a break! This non quite white "black" man was a jr senator with no
experience nor the will to learn anything since he already knows it all.

He knows shit about space programs, economy (ours), health care or anything
else but how to say words written for him and delivered to a teleprompter.

The economy is better? And where would that be?

We have a problem! And its not Palin, Bush or a Republican congress..guess
that narrows it down doesnt it.