PDA

View Full Version : feminism = evil

actsnoblemartin
04-16-2010, 06:44 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtjaBQMog0Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtjaBQMog0Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

KarlMarx
04-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Feminism is Marxism with a dress.

pete311
04-16-2010, 07:47 PM
When you oppress women for thousands of years, yeah, they're gonna overreact.

chloe
04-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I think feminism ruined things for women.

SassyLady
04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Explain this .... when my husband is not deployed he wants me to be the "little woman" and let him take care of everything as if I don't have a brain cell in my body (finances, computers, rat poison, mowing, trash cans to the street, oil changes, etc.). However, the minute he gets activated, I'm expected to do everything I was doing before AND everything he was doing .... all the man stuff.

And, it's been this way since time began .... women step up to the plate and take care of ALL the chores when men go to war....and then are expected to step down and take a backseat again when they come home.

I can tell you from personal experience that it's hard to have a split personality that I can call upon when my hubby comes home and wants to be the master of the house again....switching from the total independent woman to the simpering "oh, honey, can you open this for me" woman.

However, being the superwoman that I am, I do it!

pete311
04-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I can tell you from personal experience that it's hard to have a split personality that I can call upon when my hubby comes home and wants to be the master of the house again....switching from the total independent woman to the simpering "oh, honey, can you open this for me" woman.

KP as much as men hate to admit it, we are sometimes insecure with our role in relationships. I've dated a few independent, powerful, career based women who were in some ways more dominant in nature than I. That is perfectly valid for a women to be and in fact I am rather attracted to it. But sometimes I would feel like my role was marginalized. It is important to occasionally give recognition to the man that he is a protector and provider. It is inherent in us men and although the roles of relationships are becoming more flexible, it still needs to be appreciated in some way.

chloe
04-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Explain this .... when my husband is not deployed he wants me to be the "little woman" and let him take care of everything as if I don't have a brain cell in my body (finances, computers, rat poison, mowing, trash cans to the street, oil changes, etc.). However, the minute he gets activated, I'm expected to do everything I was doing before AND everything he was doing .... all the man stuff.

And, it's been this way since time began .... women step up to the plate and take care of ALL the chores when men go to war....and then are expected to step down and take a backseat again when they come home.

Mrs K you made sacrifices that were hard to have to do everything by yourself because your husband protected our country and both of you should be applauded. But you shouldn't have to do everything on your own, that's not real equality and its nice to know that when he comes home he wants to do things and take the burdren off your shoulders.

I applaud you for sticking by your man !

I just think feminism has a way of making women think its not honorable to be feminine and take pride in nurturing your husband and children and allow him to take pride in providing protection & safety to his family.

A man or woman can do all the things by themselves if they have to but when they are together and committed they share there expertise and its balanced.

Some feminists have made women feel ashamed if they enjoy being home raising kids as if thats nothing and it minimizes the role and pride they take in nurturing while the man protects and provides.

SassyLady
04-16-2010, 09:11 PM
KP as much as men hate to admit it, we are sometimes insecure with our role in relationships. I've dated a few independent, powerful, career based women who were in some ways more dominant in nature than I. That is perfectly valid for a women to be and in fact I am rather attracted to it. But sometimes I would feel like my role was marginalized. It is important to occasionally give recognition to the man that he is a protector and provider. It is inherent in us men and although the roles of relationships are becoming more flexible, it still needs to be appreciated in some way.

Yeah I totally understand. It is the woman that needs to be secure in who she is ... able to be the silly little woman when her man needs bolstering and yet the strong independent one when he needs to go save the world.

pete311
04-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah I totally understand. It is the woman that needs to be secure in who she is ... able to be the silly little woman when her man needs bolstering and yet the strong independent one when he needs to go save the world.

Not to go off topic, but I think the real lesson here is to make love not war. If only we could be rid of war so you man could be with you in harmony.

SassyLady
04-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Mrs K you made sacrifices that were hard to have to do everything by yourself because your husband protected our country and both of you should be applauded. But you shouldn't have to do everything on your own, that's not real equality and its nice to know that when he comes home he wants to do things and take the burdren off your shoulders.

I applaud you for sticking by your man !

I just think feminism has a way of making women think its not honorable to be feminine and take pride in nurturing your husband and children and allow him to take pride in providing protection & safety to his family.

A man or woman can do all the things by themselves if they have to but when they are together and committed they share there expertise and its balanced.

Some feminists have made women feel ashamed if they enjoy being home raising kids as if thats nothing and it minimizes the role and pride they take in nurturing while the man protects and provides.

I love when we are together .... nurturing each other ... I just want him to recognize that sometimes it's hard to turn off the independent woman when he walks through the door. I want that damn remote!!!!!

PS - Thank you Chloe for your applause.

And I do agree that the feminist movement went too far .... powerful, independent women can be very feminine and nurturing and should not be ashamed of it. In fact, I think most of the progressive liberal backlash against Sarah Palin is because she is powerful and feminine. Working all day as a Governor and then coming home and cooking up moose burgers for family and friends .... you go girl!

chloe
04-16-2010, 09:31 PM
I love when we are together .... nurturing each other ... I just want him to recognize that sometimes it's hard to turn off the independent woman when he walks through the door. I want that damn remote!!!!!

PS - Thank you Chloe for your applause.

And I do agree that the feminist movement went too far .... powerful, independent women can be very feminine and nurturing and should not be ashamed of it. In fact, I think most of the progressive liberal backlash against Sarah Palin is because she is powerful and feminine. Working all day as a Governor and then coming home and cooking up moose burgers for family and friends .... you go girl!

Thanks Mrs K, yeah you sound like a great lady, yeah sometimes feminists seem uncaring to women who like appreciating their man and taking care of there kids, I think you are a really strong lady because you've overcome alot of things in life and you are still a loving feminine lady who cares about people.

82Marine89
04-17-2010, 06:25 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/woman.jpg

namvet
04-17-2010, 08:20 AM
I never liked women who walked in front of or behind me. walk beside me. that's why my wife and I get along along fine with this. and she makes good $$$ working for the state. im retired and take care of the home. fine by me. and we make the important decisions that affect us both together.

KarlMarx
04-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Here's my take on feminists and feminism

1. All of the women that I have met that consider themselves feminists were pugnacious (i.e. they like to fight) and held men in contempt. To them, I was the enemy, part of the oppressive "patriarchy". Some, if not all, would use the gender card to their advantage when it suited them.

2. Any system of belief that categorizes individuals that belong to a gender as bad just by virtue of the fact that they belong to that group is in itself evil. You judge people by their own behavior, not the behavior of others in that group.

3. Feminism encourages an adversarial relationship between the sexes. Men are the enemy, Men are the oppressors, society is run by men, the world is the way it is because of men, men are evil,... you get the picture. Women, on the other hand, are the victims, women are nurturing, kind, etc. It does not matter that some women do evil and some men do good. Women who do evil are given a pass for whatever they do. Men cannot do any good. Some men have internalized this contempt in order to make nice with the feminists, which is an act of futility. As one poster put it.. men who are beaten by women had it coming to them because men have oppressed women for so long... That attitude is nothing short of pathological, in my opinion.

4. Feminism does not represent the average woman. Period. Most women are not angry with men (feminists, on the other hand, are ). Most women do not hold men in contempt (feminists, on the other hand, do). Most women see nothing wrong with being a mother (feminists,on the other hand, see a lot wrong with that). Most women are not gay (many feminists are, and some think that unless you're a lesbian you aren't truly liberated).

5. No matter how many concession society has made to accommodate women, no matter how far women have come, it is never enough. Women must always be victims or Feminism cannot survive. It needs women to be oppressed or, at least, convince the rest of us that they are or feminists are out of business.

6. Finally, Feminism is nothing more than the old tired class warfare rhetoric of Marxism repackaged in terms of gender. Instead of an oppressive bourgeoisie, feminism has an oppressive patriarchy.

Gaffer
04-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Here's my take on feminists and feminism

1. All of the women that I have met that consider themselves feminists were pugnacious (i.e. they like to fight) and held men in contempt. To them, I was the enemy, part of the oppressive "patriarchy". Some, if not all, would use the gender card to their advantage when it suited them.

2. Any system of belief that categorizes individuals that belong to a gender as bad just by virtue of the fact that they belong to that group is in itself evil. You judge people by their own behavior, not the behavior of others in that group.

3. Feminism encourages an adversarial relationship between the sexes. Men are the enemy, Men are the oppressors, society is run by men, the world is the way it is because of men, men are evil,... you get the picture. Women, on the other hand, are the victims, women are nurturing, kind, etc. It does not matter that some women do evil and some men do good. Women who do evil are given a pass for whatever they do. Men cannot do any good. Some men have internalized this contempt in order to make nice with the feminists, which is an act of futility. As one poster put it.. men who are beaten by women had it coming to them because men have oppressed women for so long... That attitude is nothing short of pathological, in my opinion.

4. Feminism does not represent the average woman. Period. Most women are not angry with men (feminists, on the other hand, are ). Most women do not hold men in contempt (feminists, on the other hand, do). Most women see nothing wrong with being a mother (feminists,on the other hand, see a lot wrong with that). Most women are not gay (many feminists are, and some think that unless you're a lesbian you aren't truly liberated).

5. No matter how many concession society has made to accommodate women, no matter how far women have come, it is never enough. Women must always be victims or Feminism cannot survive. It needs women to be oppressed or, at least, convince the rest of us that they are or feminists are out of business.

6. Finally, Feminism is nothing more than the old tired class warfare rhetoric of Marxism repackaged in terms of gender. Instead of an oppressive bourgeoisie, feminism has an oppressive patriarchy.

It ranks right up there with racism.