PDA

View Full Version : "I'm 63 and I'm Tired"

namvet
04-17-2010, 09:55 AM
by Robert A. Hall. a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm 63. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

read on...........

http://americanlibertyriders.ning.com/forum/topics/what-a-commentary-im-63-and-im

a tuff act to follow

Binky
04-17-2010, 11:50 AM
What a wonderful article....and I agree.........I'm plain tired and tuckered out.... It's my grand kids and any that come after that I worry about..... What a mess of a world we are leaving behind......

KarlMarx
04-17-2010, 01:46 PM
My mom is still working at 73. The main reason now is that she worries about my brother and I. She wants to be able to help us out if we should need it. My brother was laid off last year, but found a job within a few weeks. I may be getting laid off in a few months, but then, I may have my assignment extended....

I used to beleive that only people who were underperformers or people who let their skills grow stale over time got laid off... I'm much wiser now. The way things are nowadays, you simply have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time ... nothing is certain

This used to be a much better country than it is now, it's too bad that it's not what it once was.

Frankly, I feel sorry for the young folks... they may not have the opportunities we once had.

thanks to the Idiot-In-Chief and his moronic friends

LiberalNation
04-17-2010, 02:51 PM
would you prefer McLame.

namvet
04-17-2010, 02:56 PM
never thought i would live to see it as bad as today. this astroturf Gov has issues. but we're not one of em

cat slave
04-17-2010, 03:12 PM
would you prefer McLame.

No! I would prefer a true American who believes in and adheres to the
constitution....you know, that little old document that is supposed to
be followed to protect the citizenry from an out of control, oppressive
government....remember that one????:blowup:

McAmnesty is no conservative and had his own agenda...he didnt have
to "reach across the aisle", he was across the aisle!

But nothing, nothing at all is as bad as this homegrown(?) terrorist and
his minions that we have in office now.....well, maybe Stalin, Hitler or
one of their ilk would compare...maybe.:scared:

namvet
04-17-2010, 03:27 PM
would you prefer McLame.

the real shame is retarded fucks like you that need help with voting instruction. and voting for the worst in this world you could find.

your the shame

krisy
04-17-2010, 09:59 PM
would you prefer McLame.

Actually,as many issues as I had with him,I would have definitely preferred McCain. Far from my first choice ,but a big step up from the wanna be king we have in office now.

PostmodernProphet
04-18-2010, 06:23 AM
would you prefer McLame.

a thousand times.....

KarlMarx
04-18-2010, 11:34 AM
would you prefer McLame.
Remeber that scene from "A Christmas Story" where one kid triple dog dares the other to put his tongue on a metal flag pole in subzero weather?

Something similar happened between McCain and Obama. McCain triple dog dared Obama to cancel the new presidential helicopter and Obama did.

It didn't seem to matter to Obama that over 1,000 (non-union) jobs would be lost in Upstate New York. An area that is so economically depressed that even during the 1990s, when the rest of the country was booming, unemployment was high... But what did he care?

On Tuesday, my plant is going to have even more layoffs.

But, what does Obama care about a bunch of non-union workers?

On the other hand, Obama was going to cancel the Orion project (that's the one that was supposed to bring a man back to the Moon) and after he found out that 4,000 Colorado State Workers were going to lose their jobs (read "unionized workers").. he suddenly had a change of heart... We still aren't going back to the moon, but Obama is going to allow the space capsule to be built (it's going to be used to shuttle astronauts back and forth from the Space Station).

Obama only cares about union jobs because unions are among his biggest campaign donors... those of us who are non-unionized can go to the Devil.

Binky
04-19-2010, 11:18 AM
My mom is still working at 73. The main reason now is that she worries about my brother and I. She wants to be able to help us out if we should need it. My brother was laid off last year, but found a job within a few weeks. I may be getting laid off in a few months, but then, I may have my assignment extended....

I used to beleive that only people who were underperformers or people who let their skills grow stale over time got laid off... I'm much wiser now. The way things are nowadays, you simply have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time ... nothing is certain

This used to be a much better country than it is now, it's too bad that it's not what it once was.

Frankly, I feel sorry for the young folks... they may not have the opportunities we once had.

thanks to the Idiot-In-Chief and his moronic friends

People from all walks of life are losing jobs. And in smaller areas away from the cities, there are even less jobs to go around. Jobs that were once frowned upon as not being good enough, are now seeing business people all decked out in there suits etc, applying for jobs at fast food restaurants...

When the job is gone and the unemployment runs out, the fact remains that people still need to feed their families. A job is a job. It may not be the same caliber as the last one. It may embarrass some to have to result to working a min. wage job, but, when there are little mouths to feed, all pride flies out the window. All they care about is having some food and loving arms to catch them when they fall.....

In todays world, with the economy we are having, it requires a change of lifestyle..... And deciding what is important and what is trivial..... Pride cometh before fall...... The days of being picky and arrogant over which job we shall look for, are long gone.......At least for now....

A job is a job. And no two jobs are created equal. While some are just dirty and/or dangerous, others are fun and interesting. But they all have one thing in common.....

A paycheck at the end of one's pay period, whether large or small, for services rendered.......can bring a lot of smiles to a childs face when food is placed on the table.....