PDA

View Full Version : Bradlee is sick...

darin
04-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Lymphoma. :(

If we have to go the Chemo route; there's about a 50% chance he'll live another 2-4 years. We'll do what it takes.

glockmail
04-20-2010, 07:51 PM
That's dumb to spend money like that on a cat. "They're a dime a dozen" my Mum used to say.

darin
04-20-2010, 08:14 PM
do you have a reason for posting in this thread?

-Cp
04-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Without trying to sound insensitive here - I gotta agree w/ Glock..

The animal doctors will sap the money right outta you and even then there's no guarantee.

It's always difficult when it comes to pets to make sure we do the sensible thing. I.e. making sure we don't dump all that money in them from our own selfish ambition - even though there's only a 50% chance. If you do that, there's a 100% chance the doctors will rape you of your money. So then you're broke and still w/o a cat.

With all that said, I do hope he gets better asap!

darin
04-20-2010, 08:20 PM
It's a worthy investment if we can help him live for another couple years. -Cp, you might remember we chose to put Mike down rather than keep him half-assed alive. We'll do what's right. You know that.

The difference between your post and Glocks - Glock is a fucking cock-breath asshole... and you're just a guy giving an honest heart-felt opinion.

SassyLady
04-20-2010, 08:45 PM
dmp .... I am so sorry to hear that Bradlee is ill. I know that you will do what is best for your friend.....no matter what "advice" you get from the gang here .

The first dog that was mine to care for was a Queensland/Pit Bull mix and we used her to herd our cattle and for protection. She helped me and the police capture and arrest a pervert. We had her for 17 years and I when I realized that she was no longer enjoying any part of her day we put her down. Hardest thing I've ever done.

Then I had Missy (a mini schnauzer) for almost 16 years and her liver just up and quit working one day and she collapsed....that was in 2001 and I'm still miss her terribly (she's buried underneath my hammock out under the black walnut trees). She and Bear (our black lab) were good friends...we had him just over 10 years before his heart started giving out. We had to put him to sleep the same weekend as the funeral of one of our friends killed in Iraq. Very hard weekend for us.

All three of these animals were my constant companions over the years and gave me so much love and yes, I spent a lot of money on them to keep them healthy and comfortable, and I wouldn't change anything about that.

People who don't understand the connection with a companion animal are missing out on something special and unexplainable.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

BoogyMan
04-20-2010, 09:10 PM
dmp, that is a handsome kitty critter. I hope that they can do what it takes to cure him.

Abbey Marie
04-20-2010, 11:53 PM
It's a worthy investment if we can help him live for another couple years. -Cp, you might remember we chose to put Mike down rather than keep him half-assed alive. We'll do what's right. You know that.

The difference between your post and Glocks - Glock is a fucking cock-breath asshole... and you're just a guy giving an honest heart-felt opinion.

D, go with your heart, and don't listen to anyone but it, and your vet.
A couple of years is a long time, and 50% is good odds.

Kisses for Bradlee.

LiberalNation
04-21-2010, 12:06 AM
poor kitty, hope life can be extended.

darin
04-21-2010, 04:10 AM
Thank you ladies, and Boogey.

It's just money for us. Money gets replaced every two weeks. That cat, and -Cp can attest - has been through so much with us...if we can make a positive difference in his existence by dolling out a grand or whatever, so be it.

'ppreciate y'all.

glockmail
04-21-2010, 07:41 AM
do you have a reason for posting in this thread? Yes.

pete311
04-21-2010, 08:58 AM
That's dumb to spend money like that on a cat. "They're a dime a dozen" my Mum used to say.

so are humans

glockmail
04-21-2010, 11:05 AM
so are humansHow retarded. No difference in your mind between domestic animals and humans?

pete311
04-21-2010, 11:30 AM
How retarded. No difference in your mind between domestic animals and humans?

Why spend money on your kid when you can easily get a new one. We got nearly 7 billion humans on earth. Are they ALL really that special? Just sayin. I have an aunt who was unable to have kids and her three cats are everything to her.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2010, 01:26 PM

Sad.

LiberalNation
04-21-2010, 01:29 PM
A good one you can love isn't, they are rare.

glockmail
04-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Why spend money on your kid when you can easily get a new one. We got nearly 7 billion humans on earth. Are they ALL really that special? Just sayin. I have an aunt who was unable to have kids and her three cats are everything to her.

I see you failed to address the question. You must not like the answer.

They are cats, folks. Aside from rabies shots and anti-parasite meds save the vet bills. That's all I've done with mine except for three instances.

1. After my second child was born our older cat got to defecating on the new carpet that I had installed in the basement playroom. The first time I stuck his nose in it, swatted his ass and tossed him outside. A week later he did it again so I filled the tub with water, put him in a cloth sack and held him under until he was dead, then buried him out back. I did it for the children.

2. My favorite cat's kidneys started failing when he got close to ten years old and it was close to Christmas. My daughter was six then and loved that cat more then anything. We knew it would devastate her on Christmas so we gave it IV injections under the skin to keep it alive for two more weeks. After Christmas we stopped the injections and let it die in a corner of the closet, in peace. I did it for the children.

3. The cat I have now got its tail run over by a car. I wasn't around to put a .22 in its head before my wife hauled it off to the vet and cost us $800 for the amputation. Plus we had to change the bandage daily for two weeks with him squirming all around. The little bastard still bites us if his food bowl is less than half full. I didn't get the chance to do it for the children.

SassyLady
04-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I see you failed to address the question. You must not like the answer.

They are cats, folks. Aside from rabies shots and anti-parasite meds save the vet bills. That's all I've done with mine except for three instances.

1. After my second child was born our older cat got to defecating on the new carpet that I had installed in the basement playroom. The first time I stuck his nose in it, swatted his ass and tossed him outside. A week later he did it again so I filled the tub with water, put him in a cloth sack and held him under until he was dead, then buried him out back. I did it for the children.

2. My favorite cat's kidneys started failing when he got close to ten years old and it was close to Christmas. My daughter was six then and loved that cat more then anything. We knew it would devastate her on Christmas so we gave it IV injections under the skin to keep it alive for two more weeks. After Christmas we stopped the injections and let it die in a corner of the closet, in peace. I did it for the children.

3. The cat I have now got its tail run over by a car. I wasn't around to put a .22 in its head before my wife hauled it off to the vet and cost us $800 for the amputation. Plus we had to change the bandage daily for two weeks with him squirming all around. The little bastard still bites us if his food bowl is less than half full. I didn't get the chance to do it for the children.

Good for you Glock.........those cats deserved to be in a better place than living with you. I can't imagine what their daily life was like if this is how you treat them when you are inconvenienced. I hope your children have compassion toward you when you start inconveniencing them. Although you sound like the type of person that would blow your brains out before you became a financial or emotional burden to them .... I know you'll "do it for the children".

pete311
04-21-2010, 02:56 PM
A week later he did it again so I filled the tub with water, put him in a cloth sack and held him under until he was dead, then buried him out back. I did it for the children.

Absolutely barbaric.

SassyLady
04-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Absolutely barbaric.

Pete .... I totally agree with you on this but I am thoroughly confused .... and I don't want to hijack this thread ..... so I will ask you about this in the pro-choice thread.

glockmail
04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Good for you Glock.........those cats deserved to be in a better place than living with you. I can't imagine what their daily life was like if this is how you treat them when you are inconvenienced. I hope your children have compassion toward you when you start inconveniencing them. Although you sound like the type of person that would blow your brains out before you became a financial or emotional burden to them .... I know you'll "do it for the children".
Absolutely barbaric.

My cats live a great life as long as they hold up their end of the bargain. The one I drowned was a piss-poor mouser, and we listened to mice in the walls at night.

I had to get a second one to take of of the problem. He was a phenomenal hunter, would pace the outside perimeter then wait for hours when he caught a scent. He rid the house of rodents in less then a month, then started on the barn, then branched out to the woods and my neighbors homes. He also caught snakes, rabbits, and although the nearest pond was 1/2 mile away, frogs.

Stub-tail that I have now is useless. I installed a cat door, and he invited one of his buddies in the house and that bastard would eat all his food. I had to get a dog to keep that second cat out of the house. Here he is here. You can tell that he's evil.

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t345/Southernmanpics/evil1.jpg

And this is what my dog cares about your opinion about me:

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t345/Southernmanpics/DogButt.jpg

pete311
04-21-2010, 03:10 PM
My cats live a great life as long as they hold up their end of the bargain. The one I drowned was a piss-poor mouser, and we listened to mice in the walls at night.

Pretty sure the cat didn't sign any contract or phone you up after looking at the wanted ads in the paper. You got him with an expectation. But that expectation could never have been understood. You really should be in the same place michael vick was. Talk about america's moral decline...

glockmail
04-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Pretty sure the cat didn't sign any contract or phone you up after looking at the wanted ads in the paper. You got him with an expectation. But that expectation could never have been understood. You really should be in the same place michael vick was. Talk about america's moral decline...

Awesome over-the-top comparison. :lol:

Cats are domesticated animals, bred to keep vermin and their shit away; that's their contract. That one I got from a farmer, who had about 50 in his cow barn. None of those cats were "fixed", and he controlled the population by routinely picking up newborns, tossing them in a bag with some rocks, then setting it in one of the ponds.

The cat that I rescued from that got three chances to fulfill his contact.

LiberalNation
04-21-2010, 05:19 PM
that is animal crualty and a felony, lucky you weren't got. There are more humane ways, take it to the pound you asshole.

darin
04-21-2010, 06:07 PM
it's funny to see Glock act tough and try to impress people with how bad-ass he is. It's funny in a pathetic way which makes me feel sorry for him. He's trapped inside his head and that's obviously not a stable place.

glockmail
04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
it's funny to see Glock act tough and try to impress people with how bad-ass he is. It's funny in a pathetic way which makes me feel sorry for him. He's trapped inside his head and that's obviously not a stable place. Its awesome that you try and demonize me for having a different viewpoint. :laugh2:

Isn't it immoral to use financial resources to extend the life of a cat when the same money can be give to Food For The Poor and build homes for or feed poor folk in other countries?

SassyLady
04-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Its awesome that you try and demonize me for having a different viewpoint. :laugh2:

Isn't it immoral to use financial resources to extend the life of a cat when the same money can be give to Food For The Poor and build homes for or feed poor folk in other countries?

See animal thread for my answer to this. Don't want to spam my opinion.

glockmail
04-21-2010, 06:31 PM
that is animal crualty and a felony, lucky you weren't got. There are more humane ways, take it to the pound you asshole.Taking a cat to the pound ain't humane. It would sit undernourished and trapped in a cage for a week, sitting in its own feces, then be gassed inside a cage full of others, biting and scratching each other.

I once had a couple ask us if we could take their cat from them because it didn't like their newborn and our kids were older. I agreed and it was a week before I discovered that it was marking my kids bedroom. I called up the guy and he then confessed that it had done the same at his house. I gave him the option of taking his cat back or have me deal with the situation my way.

What's humane is me taking personal responsibility for my cat and killing it as quickly and painlessly as I could. Back then I didn't have a .22 target pistol, so I used a bathtub.

pete311
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Taking a cat to the pound ain't humane. It would sit undernourished and trapped in a cage for a week, sitting in its own feces, then be gassed inside a cage full of others, biting and scratching each other.

Sounds like a lazy man's assumption. My cities humane society is amazing.

glockmail
04-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Sounds like a lazy man's assumption. My cities humane society is amazing. Ours was not.

jimnyc
04-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Darin, I hope everything works out for your cat. I know how hard it can be dealing with them in pain, and the pain it can cause to a family.

I'm not going to get into it with others or any name calling. Let me just say that I personally would take a bullet for one of my dogs and would have done the same for all of the cats I used to own. Not a single one of them asked to live with me, and I knew full well when I took them in what possible consequences you can have when dealing with an animal. With that said, I've enjoyed many years of love and affection from my pets. I have one tattooed on me and both my dogs sleep in my bed every night. I've seen the joy and smiles they put on my Mom's face over the years as companionship for her. Just the thought of knowing I will lose my dogs someday makes me sad.

I despise people who take in animals and then treat them badly. I feel for the animals and wish I could do more to help them in helpless situations. That's why my wife and I donate a decent chunk of change yearly to help. If I ever witnessed someone purposely harming a defenseless animal, there's gonna be fists flying. Purposely killing an animal that can just be given to someone else, brought to a shelter that doesn't kill animals, or even letting them go into the wild - is disgusting and I think speaks volumes about ones character. There are MANY places around the country who will take in cats/dogs and guarantee not to put them down. I've donated to a place well known in the NYC area called PAWS that guarantees just that, and it's the best money I've spent.

glockmail
04-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Dumping an animal "into the wild" after it has proved its incompetence as a hunter and during the middle of a 6-1/2 month long central New York winter would be an extremely cruel act. I think speaks volumes about ones character.

LiberalNation
04-21-2010, 07:01 PM
would normally get picked up in a neighborhood, better than drowning it.......

pete311
04-21-2010, 07:12 PM

Having it thrash around in my hand, how horrible.

cat slave
04-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Taking a cat to the pound ain't humane. It would sit undernourished and trapped in a cage for a week, sitting in its own feces, then be gassed inside a cage full of others, biting and scratching each other.

I once had a couple ask us if we could take their cat from them because it didn't like their newborn and our kids were older. I agreed and it was a week before I discovered that it was marking my kids bedroom. I called up the guy and he then confessed that it had done the same at his house. I gave him the option of taking his cat back or have me deal with the situation my way.

What's humane is me taking personal responsibility for my cat and killing it as quickly and painlessly as I could. Back then I didn't have a .22 target pistol, so I used a bathtub.

OMG!!!! I cannot believe what I have read! My God, since when does one
snuff out a life because it has become inconvenient?? When did animals
develope the ability to negotiate a contract with a human who holds all
the cards???

Rubbed its nose in ****? How archaic and ignorant!!! Is that how you
potty trained your kids??? Why should an animal be expected to behave
better than your kids?

"Marking" as you say is due to a very few explanations....bladder infection,
stress or dirty litter box. Somehow I dont see you exerting yourself to maintain anything beyond your immediate needs to control.

You should be ashamed and I have no doubt that you will pay for this
horror and killing "in the tunnel" when you pass to the other side or ......
DOWN!

Drowning is a horrible way to go....I can only hope the same fate on any
sicko who "deals" with a problem this way.

do you have a reason for posting in this thread?

I was wondering why he was even here!

so are humans

:clap::clap::clap:

jimnyc
04-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Dumping an animal "into the wild" after it has proved its incompetence as a hunter and during the middle of a 6-1/2 month long central New York winter would be an extremely cruel act. I think speaks volumes about ones character.

You're right, it does say a lot about my character, that I would give an animal a fighting chance as opposed to being a tough guy and putting it in the bag and drowning it. But I would first search for a suitable owner, and also search out humane shelters before allowing it to fend for itself in the wild.

I must wonder how someone treats other living things that can callously kill an animal. I know I'd never let such a person around my children and wouldn't let them help care for my elderly Mom either. How many shitheads do we hear about that started their games by killing animals when they were younger and then moving on to bigger and better things. But I do have more respect for someone that would at least do so with someone or something with a fighting chance as opposed to taking the cowards way out with a bag.

cat slave
04-21-2010, 07:49 PM

We have a rescue and personal pets too. Read this "glockenschpiel", my
personal cats have Drinkwell water fountains, eat the best (Blue) food money
can buy, are all fixed, vaccinated and Id spend the last cent I had on care
for them.

I just put down a rescue today. She had bone cancer. I am always "with"
my or our animals when they are put down, humanely, with comfort and
reassurance and no fear or struggle and still I am still weepy over the loss.
Each loss is like a little star going out.

I can think of no word beyond "evil" toward the postings I have read here
today.

May we all reap what we sew and give that a thought before doing anything!

Karma, glock.

cat slave
04-21-2010, 07:51 PM
You're right, it does say a lot about my character, that I would give an animal a fighting chance as opposed to being a tough guy and putting it in the bag and drowning it. But I would first search for a suitable owner, and also search out humane shelters before allowing it to fend for itself in the wild.

I must wonder how someone treats other living things that can callously kill an animal. I know I'd never let such a person around my children and wouldn't let them help care for my elderly Mom either. How many shitheads do we hear about that started their games by killing animals when they were younger and then moving on to bigger and better things. But I do have more respect for someone that would at least do so with someone or something with a fighting chance as opposed to taking the cowards way out with a bag.

Well said!

cat slave
04-21-2010, 08:00 PM

If we have to go the Chemo route; there's about a 50% chance he'll live another 2-4 years. We'll do what it takes.

Hey, those are great odds and well worth any monetary investment. Hes
a gorgeous and grand looking cat and lucky to have you as his human!

You might consider giving him some supplements to help shore up his body
while he fights the disease, ie CoQ10, natural vitamins and filtered water
and a diet high in protein. Carbs feed tumors, I would look into canned
foods with no grains, ie Wellness, Core, Wilderness etc. If youre open
to it you might consult with a vet who practices holistic/alternative
therapies in addition to the chemo. Doesnt hurt to cover all bases.

Thank you for loving your kitty and my heart goes out to you and
Bradlee.

darin
04-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Darin, I hope everything works out for your cat. I know how hard it can be dealing with them in pain, and the pain it can cause to a family.

I'm not going to get into it with others or any name calling. Let me just say that I personally would take a bullet for one of my dogs and would have done the same for all of the cats I used to own. Not a single one of them asked to live with me, and I knew full well when I took them in what possible consequences you can have when dealing with an animal. With that said, I've enjoyed many years of love and affection from my pets. I have one tattooed on me and both my dogs sleep in my bed every night. I've seen the joy and smiles they put on my Mom's face over the years as companionship for her. Just the thought of knowing I will lose my dogs someday makes me sad.

I despise people who take in animals and then treat them badly. I feel for the animals and wish I could do more to help them in helpless situations. That's why my wife and I donate a decent chunk of change yearly to help. If I ever witnessed someone purposely harming a defenseless animal, there's gonna be fists flying. Purposely killing an animal that can just be given to someone else, brought to a shelter that doesn't kill animals, or even letting them go into the wild - is disgusting and I think speaks volumes about ones character. There are MANY places around the country who will take in cats/dogs and guarantee not to put them down. I've donated to a place well known in the NYC area called PAWS that guarantees just that, and it's the best money I've spent.

Well-said.

People who purposely cause harm to the innocent - animal or human - are morally bankrupt. Seriously...they have deep-seeded issues. :(

Its awesome that you try and demonize me for having a different viewpoint. :laugh2:

I don't demonize you - Your actions demonize you. Your second statement/question is the fallacy of false dilemma. It's not 'either or'.

cat slave
04-21-2010, 08:03 PM
How retarded. No difference in your mind between domestic animals and humans?

OH YEAH, there sure is, the animals are pure of heart! Nuff said.

Im sure my blood pressure is up and I need to leave this thread before
I go balistic.

glockmail
04-21-2010, 08:05 PM
would normally get picked up in a neighborhood, better than drowning it....... My "neighborhood" was 200 to 600 acre farms surrounded by 55 mph roads. And it was mid-winter Central New York.

OMG!!!! I cannot believe what I have read! My God, since when does one
snuff out a life because it has become inconvenient?? When did animals
develope the ability to negotiate a contract with a human who holds all
the cards???

Rubbed its nose in ****? How archaic and ignorant!!! Is that how you
potty trained your kids??? Why should an animal be expected to behave
better than your kids?

"Marking" as you say is due to a very few explanations....bladder infection,
stress or dirty litter box. Somehow I dont see you exerting yourself to maintain anything beyond your immediate needs to control.

You should be ashamed and I have no doubt that you will pay for this
horror and killing "in the tunnel" when you pass to the other side or ......
DOWN!

Drowning is a horrible way to go....I can only hope the same fate on any
sicko who "deals" with a problem this way.

I was wondering why he was even here!

:clap::clap::clap:

:lol:

Awesome that you equate me with someone who mistreats kids and old folks. After all, I did it for the children. What's that logical fallacy called? :laugh2:

I just put down a rescue today. She had bone cancer.

oops- You should have given it some expensive treatment. Big mistake, now you're going to hell.

OH YEAH, there sure is, the animals are pure of heart! Nuff said.

Im sure my blood pressure is up and I need to leave this thread before
I go balistic.

There you go- proof that you act with your emotions instead of reason and logic. :laugh2:

Well-said.

People who purposely cause harm to the innocent - animal or human - are morally bankrupt. Seriously...they have deep-seeded issues. :(

I don't demonize you - Your actions demonize you. Your second statement/question is the fallacy of false dilemma. It's not 'either or'.

That cat wasn't innocent. It didn't do its job and it shat on my kids carpet, to spite them.

You just said that you had a certain amount of cash every two weeks and that you had enough to give the cat treatments with that. That means that you have a finite amount of cash. The money that you save by euthanizing it can therefore be directly donated to Feed The Poor, and a few hundred kids in Haiti will get to eat a meal or two. Instead this cat suffers but you feel better about yourself somehow. Rather odd when you think about it.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2010, 11:18 PM

Maybe in the bad old days, but I have been to dozens of shelters over the years (and volunteered in a few), and I have never seen any of the things you described. If this kind of facility existed, I bet you could have found a much better one by traveling a few more miles.

darin
04-22-2010, 04:05 AM
That cat wasn't innocent. It didn't do its job and it shat on my kids carpet, to spite them.

You just said that you had a certain amount of cash every two weeks and that you had enough to give the cat treatments with that. That means that you have a finite amount of cash. The money that you save by euthanizing it can therefore be directly donated to Feed The Poor, and a few hundred kids in Haiti will get to eat a meal or two. Instead this cat suffers but you feel better about yourself somehow. Rather odd when you think about it.

You just assigned value-judgment capability to an animal you murdered. How's that feel?

You and "logical Fallacy" are homosexual lovers. The money we spent so far on the cat is money I'm not putting towards retirement. It's money I'm not using to buy new brakes for the car. It's money I'm not blowing on strippers and booze.

You're trying to justify your vile, morally-bankrupt ways now. It's not only pathetic, it's some of the stupidest contribution this board has seen in years.

At least have the balls to admit you're dead inside, or a liar -just looking to get a rise out of people.

red states rule
04-22-2010, 04:09 AM

I hope Bradley does well DMP

I myslef had to spend close to $1,000 to fix up Herbie.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/2742349758_4b1f46846b_m.jpg

I found him outside and he was a sick little guy. But he is fine now, and very happy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3350/3273921145_270144a379_m.jpg

jimnyc
04-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Awesome that you equate me with someone who mistreats kids and old folks. After all, I did it for the children. What's that logical fallacy called?

Look up the history on people who abuse and/or kill animals and what else they have the propensity to do. I'm not saying you would do the same as them, but it's also not my fault that you would place an animal in a bag and drown it, therefore placing yourself in the same category as them. I just wouldn't take any chances with someone like that. You kill an animal without remorse, without hesitation and without seeking alternatives & I don't know what else you would be capable of doing.

Here's the ASPCA view on those who abuse animals, and quite frankly, you don't seem to be describing the first few type of people. Here's their last explanation:

Third Reason
The last group of people who hurt animals are the worst. These are people who intentionally hurt animals because they enjoy hurting things, or because it makes them feel powerful. Many of these people would hurt other people if they could get away with it. They just choose to hurt animals because animals are more helpless than people.

Why do these people hurt animals? There are different reasons. A lot of these people want to have control over others. They will hurt an animal because they think this means they control the animal. Or they may hurt the animal to control another person. For example, a husband might hurt the family's pet to show his wife what he could do to her if she doesn't obey his commands. Someone else might make his dog kill other dogs because he thinks that makes him powerful.

Others simply enjoy pain and violence. Those who enjoy violence might also destroy inanimate objects as well as animals and people.

All of the people in this last group suffer from serious, psychological problems that will probably not go away on their own. They often need the help of licensed professionals—like a psychologist. We are not 100% sure why people become like this—most are probably born with their problems, but others can get their problems from brain damage, poisonous environments, or by being treated badly themselves. Without help, the psychological problems these people have can haunt them for their whole lives.

If you know anyone who you think may be like this, don't approach them yourself. Talk to a trusted adult, and let the adult find someone to help these people.

http://www2.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=kids_ri_whypeopleabuse

cat slave
04-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Ive seen "the other side" of shelters too.....and that has improved and many are
striving to be "no kill". They learn and become enlightened as to their true
mission and do better.

Picnic is the face of a victim of cruelty. I hope the attachment comes
through........

glockmail
04-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Maybe in the bad old days, but I have been to dozens of shelters over the years (and volunteered in a few), and I have never seen any of the things you described. If this kind of facility existed, I bet you could have found a much better one by traveling a few more miles. Nah, few take old cats. This one had his run.

You just assigned value-judgment capability to an animal you murdered. How's that feel?

You and "logical Fallacy" are homosexual lovers. The money we spent so far on the cat is money I'm not putting towards retirement. It's money I'm not using to buy new brakes for the car. It's money I'm not blowing on strippers and booze.

You're trying to justify your vile, morally-bankrupt ways now. It's not only pathetic, it's some of the stupidest contribution this board has seen in years.

At least have the balls to admit you're dead inside, or a liar -just looking to get a rise out of people.

You forgo brake maintenance to extend the life of a cat, and act that could cause harm or death not only to you and your family, but the person stopped in front of you. Then you admit that you'd spend money on strippers instead of Food For The Poor. I can only guess what the homosexuality comment was about. And you lecture me on morality? :laugh2:

Look up the history on people who abuse and/or kill animals and what else they have the propensity to do. I'm not saying you would do the same as them, but it's also not my fault that you would place an animal in a bag and drown it, therefore placing yourself in the same category as them. I just wouldn't take any chances with someone like that. You kill an animal without remorse, without hesitation and without seeking alternatives & I don't know what else you would be capable of doing.

Here's the ASPCA view on those who abuse animals, and quite frankly, you don't seem to be describing the first few type of people. Here's their last explanation:

http://www2.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=kids_ri_whypeopleabuse

Nice straw man argument; your failure.

I didn't abuse it; I gave if food and shelter and a warm spot by the wood stove for several years. When it tried to harm my children I dispatched it quickly and painlessly.

pete311
04-22-2010, 01:49 PM
I didn't abuse it; I gave if food and shelter and a warm spot by the wood stove for several years. When it tried to harm my children I dispatched it quickly and painlessly.

Taking a turd on your carpet is harming your children? Drowning in a paper bag is not painless.

Abbey Marie
04-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Glock, you and I have had mutual respect (at least for sure on my part) on these boards for many years now. But this time I have to speak out.

You have repeatedly said here that you did this deed "for your kids". What really should concern you here, even if you have no compassion for other living, feeling, creatures, is that you have raised you children to connect murdering a small helpless animal, with doing your kids a favor. Do you not see that is a very bad thing to do to your kids' psyches?

Abbey Marie
04-22-2010, 02:26 PM
D, if you should need money for Bradlee's care, just let us know. I will be happy to help out, and others may as well.

jimnyc
04-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Nice straw man argument; your failure.

You shoved the animals face into feces, and you also killed it while holding it in a bag and drowning it. Classic show of dominance and abuse just like the article points out.

darin
04-22-2010, 03:52 PM
D, if you should need money for Bradlee's care, just let us know. I will be happy to help out, and others may as well.

I don't know what to say...thank you so much Abbey - you're (and others here) amazing.

I wonder if Glock lied about the drowning in an attempt to "impress" people.

You forgo brake maintenance to extend the life of a cat, and act that could cause harm or death not only to you and your family, but the person stopped in front of you. Then you admit that you'd spend money on strippers instead of Food For The Poor. I can only guess what the homosexuality comment was about. And you lecture me on morality? :laugh2:

Are you just making up crap now? You words paint you the fool so you're making up things about my car's maintenance? And if my desire to buy brakes for my car WAS about maintenance,

I own this truck:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2235/2428869632_3e24c3504d.jpg

This car

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2485/3912934180_488a2c73ba_o.jpg

and this car

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3236/2860906319_780e7c2c47.jpg

I have other options. If Giving my cat another couple years of life meant I had to park the one with "bad brakes" (Your ASSumption) that's a small inconvenience.

Maybe I'd spend money on POOR strippers?

Thing is, I'm allotted a pretty damn good salary. It's my job to 'pay it back'. Some for those who struggle. None for the lazy. Some for fun. I get to decide. that's my point. I lecture you on morality because you are morally bankrupt. You Kill for fun (evidence by your bragging tone) - or you're lying - and try to impress people with your stories. Either way you're a disgrace to the human Race. May God have mercy upon your soul - and ideally, heal you of whatever sickness causes your wanton disregard for His creation.

SassyLady
04-22-2010, 09:59 PM
I hope Bradley does well DMP

I myslef had to spend close to $1,000 to fix up Herbie.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/2742349758_4b1f46846b_m.jpg

I found him outside and he was a sick little guy. But he is fine now, and very happy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3350/3273921145_270144a379_m.jpg

WOW!!!!

What a handsome guy Herbie is.

cat slave
04-23-2010, 01:57 AM
Glock, you and I have had mutual respect (at least for sure on my part) on these boards for many years now. But this time I have to speak out.

You have repeatedly said here that you did this deed "for your kids". What really should concern you here, even if you have no compassion for other living, feeling, creatures, is that you have raised you children to connect murdering a small helpless animal, with doing your kids a favor. Do you not see that is a very bad thing to do to your kids' psyches?

Well said Abbey!

I don't know what to say...thank you so much Abbey - you're (and others here) amazing.

I wonder if Glock lied about the drowning in an attempt to "impress" people.

Are you just making up crap now? You words paint you the fool so you're making up things about my car's maintenance? And if my desire to buy brakes for my car WAS about maintenance,

I own this truck:

This car

and this car

I have other options. If Giving my cat another couple years of life meant I had to park the one with "bad brakes" (Your ASSumption) that's a small inconvenience.

Thing is, I'm allotted a pretty damn good salary. It's my job to 'pay it back'. Some for those who struggle. None for the lazy. Some for fun. I get to decide. that's my point. I lecture you on morality because you are morally bankrupt. You Kill for fun (evidence by your bragging tone) - or you're lying - and try to impress people with your stories. Either way you're a disgrace to the human Race. May God have mercy upon your soul - and ideally, heal you of whatever sickness causes your wanton disregard for His creation.

Im still hoping he meets the victims of his cruelty in "the tunnel" we hear
so much about and experience what he has done to them and others.
What a payback could be in store for him.

Im trying the story of Picnic again.....Im terribly tech challenged!

I give up!!!!

red states rule
04-23-2010, 04:52 AM

Have to spread the rep around Abbey - I owe you

glockmail
04-23-2010, 09:00 AM

All this vitriol from a so-called compassionate guy. Awesome! :lol:

Taking a turd on your carpet is harming your children? Drowning in a paper bag is not painless.Dude can you read? That cat never shat on the floor until we had my second child. Then he targeted their playroom not just once, but twice.

And it was a cloth bag. Doctors abort babies without anesthesia because they "won't remember the pain". What's good for human babies is good for adult cats.

Your argument is a straw man, Abbey:

mur·der
Pronunciation: \ˈmər-dər\
Function: noun
Etymology: partly from Middle English murther, from Old English morthor; partly from Middle English murdre, from Anglo-French, of Germanic origin; akin to Old English morthor; akin to Old High German mord murder, Latin mort-, mors death, mori to die, mortuus dead, Greek brotos mortal
Date: before 12th century

1 : the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought

A cat ain't a person, no law was broken and there was no malice.

You shoved the animals face into feces, and you also killed it while holding it in a bag and drowning it. Classic show of dominance and abuse just like the article points out.

Wrong-o. I "stuck his nose in it", meaning I got his nose close enough to give him a good smell of his own shit.

Dominance is how you train pets. Read any book on training and that's the first thing they tell you. :laugh2:

jimnyc
04-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Your argument is a straw man, Abbey:

A cat ain't a person, no law was broken and there was no malice.

And yours is just another typical trick to use just one definition of several.

5. to kill or slaughter inhumanly or barbarously.

And the synonym of murder is "kill"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/murder

jimnyc
04-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Wrong-o. I "stuck his nose in it", meaning I got his nose close enough to give him a good smell of his own shit.

Dominance is how you train pets. Read any book on training and that's the first thing they tell you. :laugh2:

Still a show of dominance and not how you train an animal. Any expert in the field will tell you that old school of thought is NOT how to properly train an animal. I've dealt with tons of breeders and have brought 2 of my dogs to obedience school, and anyone who cares about their pets will tell you that's not how you properly house train an animal.

I'm also sure you won't find any books telling you that the humane way to get rid of one of your pets is by drowning it. In fact, they will likely tell you it's against the law and you can be charged with animal cruelty for doing so. Amazing that you think animal cruelty is not inhumane.

glockmail
04-23-2010, 09:17 AM

For someone trying to use morality to blast me again your lack of morality here is glaring.

"Poor" strippers? If she's poor you give her less of a tip? If she's poor you should give her more.

You call spending ridiculous large sums of money on a cat "giving back"? You claim my soul is in trouble, yet the real reason you keep your cat alive is to soothe yours.

Giving it to Food For The Poor would actually be "giving back".

glockmail
04-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Im still hoping he meets the victims of his cruelty in "the tunnel" we hear
so much about and experience what he has done to them and others.
What a payback could be in store for him.

Awesome! All this vitriol and hate towards a human in the name of compassion towards a cat. :lol:

jimnyc
04-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Awesome! All this vitriol and hate towards a human in the name of compassion towards a cat. :lol:

Compassion? Compassion would have been getting rid of your cat by bringing it to someone who could care for it, or to a humane shelter, or even giving it a fair chance by letting him go. Your attempt to make your killing of the animal as a show of "compassion" is laughable.

glockmail
04-23-2010, 09:22 AM
5. to kill or slaughter inhumanly or barbarously. It wasn't either. :laugh2:

jimnyc
04-23-2010, 09:23 AM
It wasn't either. :laugh2:

And your belief that it isn't is exactly why I would NEVER leave you alone near a child or elderly person who would need reliance upon you. You aren't fit to be around neither.

glockmail
04-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Compassion? Compassion would have been getting rid of your cat by bringing it to someone who could care for it, or to a humane shelter, or even giving it a fair chance by letting him go. Your attempt to make your killing of the animal as a show of "compassion" is laughable.

I'm not claiming compassion Jim. You are. :laugh2:

glockmail
04-23-2010, 09:26 AM
And your belief that it isn't is exactly why I would NEVER leave you alone near a child or elderly person who would need reliance upon you. You aren't fit to be around neither.

We each have our own beliefs. You equate cats with people. :laugh2::laugh2:

jimnyc
04-23-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm not claiming compassion Jim. You are. :laugh2:

Read my above post, just more proof that you are a shitbag who shouldn't be trusted around others who could suffer from your being unfit to care properly.

jimnyc
04-23-2010, 09:27 AM
We each have our own beliefs. You equate cats with people. :laugh2::laugh2:

I equate shitbags who have a lack of compassion and propensity to solve problems the way you do, with people who would make shitty parents and caretakers for the defenseless.

jimnyc
04-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Glock removed from thread... Let's get it back to the point of the opening post, and Abbey's follow up offer...

Darin, I would gladly help in any way I can figure out if you need it. I will personally donate if it helps, and maybe even run some sort of fund raiser if you felt it might help your situation. We spent $5k in the past few years on Jerome, my Pug, because of a damaged eye. He will happily be with us for many more years hopefully and I consider it money well spent.

Abbey Marie
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Glock removed from thread... Let's get it back to the point of the opening post, and Abbey's follow up offer...

Darin, I would gladly help in any way I can figure out if you need it. I will personally donate if it helps, and maybe even run some sort of fund raiser if you felt it might help your situation. We spent $5k in the past few years on Jerome, my Pug, because of a damaged eye. He will happily be with us for many more years hopefully and I consider it money well spent.

My hero.

darin
04-23-2010, 11:24 AM

Well said.

I equate shitbags who have a lack of compassion and propensity to solve problems the way you do, with people who would make shitty parents and caretakers for the defenseless.

Again, well-said.

Thank you so much Jim and others. Really means a lot. I think we'll be able to cover things; He's responding to the steriods (not expensive) and his other meds should be less than $100/month. I could tolerate even $500/month on the cat without going in debt. If he keeps responding and doing well, we'll be able to sustain him as long as he wants to be with us.

In lieu of any money for ME, let's just remind folk to shop their shelters and human society; and support those places financially, too!

LiberalNation
04-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah, i hd to donate 28 hours of my time to animal shelter work for a class. it wasn't bad except the hour drive there and back. Gas money ought to have been remimbursed but whatever. We got a new doggy from them, 4 animals now. They raised our tuition 6% on top, assholes.

cat slave
04-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Well said.

Again, well-said.

Thank you so much Jim and others. Really means a lot. I think we'll be able to cover things; He's responding to the steriods (not expensive) and his other meds should be less than $100/month. I could tolerate even $500/month on the cat without going in debt. If he keeps responding and doing well, we'll be able to sustain him as long as he wants to be with us.

In lieu of any money for ME, let's just remind folk to shop their shelters and human society; and support those places financially, too!

:clap::bow2::bow2::bow2::thewave:

What an excellent thing to suggest. Im so glad Bradlee is doing well.

cat slave
04-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Yeah, i hd to donate 28 hours of my time to animal shelter work for a class. it wasn't bad except the hour drive there and back. Gas money ought to have been remimbursed but whatever. We got a new doggy from them, 4 animals now. They raised our tuition 6% on top, assholes.

Wow, LN, good job! Four little souls home at last.:clap: That is a very good
thing!

chloe
04-24-2010, 07:32 AM

Sorry about your cat, I have 3 cats and love them. When I was divorcing the week my husband left us I found out my dog had cancer, it was pretty advanced and she died within a week of my marriage ending. I would have shelled out the money to keep her from having pain, she was a good protector and guard dog. In my family animals are like part of the family so we all get very attached. I hope your cat has the proper medicine and is at least in no pain.

cat slave
04-25-2010, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=LiberalNation;422920]Yeah, i hd to donate 28 hours of my time to animal shelter work for a class. it wasn't bad except the hour drive there and back. Gas money ought to have been remimbursed but whatever. We got a new doggy from them, 4 animals now. They raised our tuition 6% on top, assholes.[/QUOT

I volunteer a lot of time to a low cost spay/neuter clinic and work in a feral
cat clinic that is held once a month.

Spay/neuter is the solution to most problems animals have as in that they are
so plentiful and too often free or being cast aside at the slightest thing and
"gotten rid of" with dire consequences.

Bradlee has so got it made. As do my spoiled felines. Thats what cats are
for:)

krisy
04-25-2010, 11:32 AM
dmp- I'm so glad your treating your cat. Your doing the right thing!!!! I hope he does well. Veterinary medicine is so advanced theses days too. I would spend any amoount of money if it would save my dogs or cats lives and they could still be happy.

glockmail- I'm sad to say that I am so disappointed and shocked:eek: When I read your post I literally felt ill. I'm curious if your kids are aware that you did this to the cat? Your wife? A simple ad in the paper would have probably found a home for your cat rather quickly. I work with animals and there are so many rescues and animal lovers that it isn't THAT hard to find a home for a smaller animal like a cat.

I'm going to have to do my best to put this horrific image out of my mind now.Animals do so much good for us and I think maybe you should rethink how you look at them. They are living breathing,feeling creatures. I'm just going to say that this was a pretty sick thing you did.

cat slave
04-25-2010, 04:47 PM
I too was horrified and have placed him all by himself on "ignore"!

actsnoblemartin
04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
normally I like what you say, but this time I think youre being heartless

:slap:

cat slave
04-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Youre being too kind acts.

darin
04-30-2010, 10:18 AM
He's gone. Mary and I held him as he passed about 30 minutes ago.

RIP. Good Cat. GREAT Cat.

LiberalNation
04-30-2010, 11:12 AM
RIP, how did things go south so quick. Did you have to put him down.

Kathianne
04-30-2010, 11:58 AM

My condolences. Hope you all feel better soon. ((((hugs))))

pete311
04-30-2010, 04:35 PM

Sorry DMP :(

darin
04-30-2010, 04:54 PM
thanks guys, really.

He had initially responded to some of the meds; however last night he got quiet and still. Xray today showed massive amounts of bloating/gas in his intestines and the lympomia affecting most of his lower organs. Was just time to stop his suffering.

Luckily I had today off; would have not liked to have missed the final moments with him.

I didn't like cats until I found bradlee at a shelter in seattle. He was sitting on top of his brother (whom we also adopted, and who was put-down 1 Dec 07), with his paws around the bars of the cage and he was screaming with a 7-week old Kitten voice.

I remember signing the papers to complete the adoption in 1996 - 3 years before my daughter was born. Came full-circle today when I signed the authorization for euthanasia.

The kittens started to wreak havoc on my allergies - the first year or so I couldn't much pet them without nose dripping and eyes itching. After awhile though, I stopped noticing problems. Before we got these cats I used to poke fun of cat-people. I'm darin...and I'm a cat-person now.

Mr. P
04-30-2010, 05:08 PM
thanks guys, really.

He had initially responded to some of the meds; however last night he got quiet and still. Xray today showed massive amounts of bloating/gas in his intestines and the lympomia affecting most of his lower organs. Was just time to stop his suffering.

Luckily I had today off; would have not liked to have missed the final moments with him.

I didn't like cats until I found bradlee at a shelter in seattle. He was sitting on top of his brother (whom we also adopted, and who was put-down 1 Dec 07), with his paws around the bars of the cage and he was screaming with a 7-week old Kitten voice.

I remember signing the papers to complete the adoption in 1996 - 3 years before my daughter was born. Came full-circle today when I signed the authorization for euthanasia.

The kittens started to wreak havoc on my allergies - the first year or so I couldn't much pet them without nose dripping and eyes itching. After awhile though, I stopped noticing problems. Before we got these cats I used to poke fun of cat-people. I'm darin...and I'm a cat-person now.

Sorry Darin. I'm sure this decision was lovingly made based on what was best.

Sitarro
04-30-2010, 06:06 PM
You did what was best for him Darin and you did it out of true love for him, he couldn't ask for a better friend. Sorry for your loss, I hope you consider adopting another, it really helps as you probably already know.

red states rule
04-30-2010, 07:04 PM

I am so sorry DMP. I have lost pets before and it is like losing one of your kids.

cat slave
04-30-2010, 07:37 PM
(((hugs))) to you all.

Its just devastating I know. He gave you much and you did all you could to
reward him for the joy.

Hey, you gave him a chance, that was the best thing you could do and to let him go when it was time was a true act of love and compassion and responsibility. You never let him down.

Hes not gone, just gone on ahead.

Maybe when you are ready you can memorialize his precious life by saving
another.

((hugs)) to you all.

darin
05-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks again guys -

When we lost Michael we went to the Humane Society to find another kitten; not wanting Brad to be alone. We ended up with the last two of a litter, and took them both.

Kenji and DJ are 3 years old, or so...they seem oblivious at Brad's departure. Good for them, ya know? Better than the opposite.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1768&stc=1&d=1272727723

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1769&stc=1&d=1272727723

BoogyMan
05-01-2010, 10:34 AM
thanks guys, really.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that the little guy didn't make it. I know how attached I am to my pets so I can imagine how you must feel. Cats are pretty awesome, and I am sorry you lost your friend.

cat slave
05-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Aww....magnificent kitties:)

I think cats understand the end of life better than we do and accept the loss
of their buddies.

I have a formerly feral girl who was totally (from first sight) devoted to an older cat.
She was so attached I worried that it would be traumatic when Sweetie went.
She passed on from cardioapathy secondary to hyperthyroidism and Little
Prize never missed a beat and I know it wasnt for lack of devotion to Sweetie.

Finally after about 9 years as a house cat Little Prize (there really is a story
behind the name!!!!) she has started sleeping on my bed and talking and being
one of the girls! It took a long time!

I did however witness the greiving of my first cat when our parakeet died.
Toots and Cutie were best friends and the bird would sit between her front
paws and follow her about the house...on foot.

When Cutie passed (the bird), Toots sat on the empty cage we sat out on
the back porch for days and would not eat! I cant explain why that was so
different!

cat slave
05-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Wow, I am sorry to hear that the little guy didn't make it. I know how attached I am to my pets so I can imagine how you must feel. Cats are pretty awesome, and I am sorry you lost your friend.

For some reason I would never have figured you as a cat purrson, haha, but
yes, they are truly awesome.

cat slave
05-01-2010, 10:58 AM
I assume the boys have their "carry" permits:)

red states rule
05-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Good for you DMP. You opened your heart and home to a couple of homeless cats. You are a good guy :salute:

BoogyMan
05-01-2010, 05:45 PM
For some reason I would never have figured you as a cat purrson, haha, but
yes, they are truly awesome.

I love all kinds of little furry critters. We have cats, dogs, and ferrets. My favorite pet, though, is a huge, fat, rug-like, cat. :)

cat slave
05-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Good for you!!

We also have dogs but I dont have the same feeling for them as I do the cats.
Well, maybe thats not really what I want to say.....I just dont relate to them
like I do kitties.....those are "peer" relationships..haha.

Good for you DMP. You opened your heart and home to a couple of homeless cats. You are a good guy :salute:

Yes, he is.:)