PDA

View Full Version : Arizona bill to require birth certificate from obama for 2012...

-Cp
04-21-2010, 12:04 AM
http://www.kpho.com/news/23202195/detail.html

PHOENIX -- The Arizona House on Monday voted for a provision that would require President Barack Obama to show his birth certificate if he hopes to be on the state's ballot when he runs for reelection.

The House voted 31-22 to add the provision to a separate bill. The measure still faces a formal vote.

It would require U.S. presidential candidates who want to appear on the ballot in Arizona to submit documents proving they meet the constitutional requirements to be president.

Phoenix Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema said the bill is one of several measures that are making Arizona "the laughing stock of the nation."

Mesa Republican Rep. Cecil Ash said he has no reason to doubt Obama's citizenship but supports the measure because it could help end doubt.

SassyLady
04-21-2010, 01:05 AM
One would think that if one has a clean conscience about their legal citizenship status they should not object to this.

namvet
04-21-2010, 08:31 AM
it just won't go away.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa179/segite/Anti-Liberal/obama%20birth%20certificate/WHERE-1.jpg

KarlMarx
04-21-2010, 11:33 AM
I propose that we move the nation's capital to Phoenix

Binky
04-21-2010, 11:46 AM
One would think that if one has a clean conscience about their legal citizenship status they should not object to this.

And certainly would've produced a legit copy wayyyyyyy back in the beginning. If one has nothing to hide then the correct thing to do would be to show it..... But I guess when you've been earmarked as a special person you are able to sweep such things under the carpet.....

Binky
04-21-2010, 11:48 AM
it just won't go away.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa179/segite/Anti-Liberal/obama%20birth%20certificate/WHERE-1.jpg

:laugh2::laugh2: You know, if I were a rich woman I'd pay to have a billboard as that made for the DC area. In fact, I'd plaster this country with them....:laugh2::laugh2:

namvet
04-21-2010, 01:00 PM
I think its a great idea. all 57 states should require it

namvet
04-21-2010, 01:09 PM
:laugh2::laugh2: You know, if I were a rich woman I'd pay to have a billboard as that made for the DC area. In fact, I'd plaster this country with them....:laugh2::laugh2:

including one right outside the white house !!!!!

Abbey Marie
04-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Love both the bill and the billboard. :clap:

DragonStryk72
04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Oh yes, this will be the one, the one thing that finally reveals the truth, despite Hawaii stating flat out that he was born there, and running his certificate in the local paper, a completely legal document. This will be the time

Seriously, with everything going wrong with his campaign, can't we just surrender this point, and focus on all the bad decisions, the double talk, the abandonment of every promise he made on the campaign trail, or any of the other idiocies that have marked his time?

-Cp
04-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Oh yes, this will be the one, the one thing that finally reveals the truth, despite Hawaii stating flat out that he was born there, and running his certificate in the local paper, a completely legal document. This will be the time

Seriously, with everything going wrong with his campaign, can't we just surrender this point, and focus on all the bad decisions, the double talk, the abandonment of every promise he made on the campaign trail, or any of the other idiocies that have marked his time?

The state of Hawaii, nor Obama have ever released his long-form birth cert..

Abbey Marie
04-21-2010, 10:53 PM

Asking for Hussein's full birth certificate doesn't shut down my ability to think about all the other garbage coming out of the White House and Congress. I can focus on many things.

SassyLady
04-21-2010, 11:32 PM
I am curious .... and because I have not paid much attention to this issue .... but aren't children born of American citizens still American citizens no matter where they are born?

So, even if Obama was not born in Hawaii, his mother was an American citizen and wouldn't that make him an American citizen.

Or does the "natural born citizen" mean that person running for President has to be born on American soil. Because, there are a lot of kids born outside the US .... military brats for example.....and that would make them ineligible to run if this is the case.

I never thought that a military brat born in Germany, for example, would be precluded from running for President one day.

Does anyone know the answer?

Mr. P
04-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I am curious .... and because I have not paid much attention to this issue .... but aren't children born of American citizens still American citizens no matter where they are born?

So, even if Obama was not born in Hawaii, his mother was an American citizen and wouldn't that make him an American citizen.

Or does the "natural born citizen" mean that person running for President has to be born on American soil. Because, there are a lot of kids born outside the US .... military brats for example.....and that would make them ineligible to run if this is the case.

I never thought that a military brat born in Germany, for example, would be precluded from running for President one day.

Does anyone know the answer?

I read the requirements when this came up to start with.

Military brats are considered US citizens because the base/fort whatever is considered US soil.

Civilians have a time limit to file some paper work in the US. I think it was within 60 days from date of birth, I forget.

SassyLady
04-21-2010, 11:49 PM
I read the requirements when this came up to start with.

Military brats are considered US citizens because the base/fort whatever is considered US soil.

Civilians have a time limit to file some paper work in the US. I think it was within 60 days from date of birth, I forget.

OK - so if I went to Canada, France or Mexico on vacation and the baby was born there I would have 60 days to draw up the paperwork....and if not, then my child would be considered a Canadian, French or Mexican? Wow! I've just never thought about it before ... and now I'm curious.

Mr. P
04-21-2010, 11:50 PM
OK - so if I went to Canada, France or Mexico on vacation and the baby was born there I would have 60 days to draw up the paperwork....and if not, then my child would be considered a Canadian, French or Mexican? Wow! I've just never thought about it before ... and now I'm curious.

At the time I think I googled US citizen requirements.

Mr. P
04-21-2010, 11:52 PM
I think I found the info on the State dept site..

SassyLady
04-21-2010, 11:55 PM
I think I found the info on the State dept site..

Thanks Mr. P! I'll go look.

SassyLady
04-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Found this:

•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

So, wouldn't this apply to Obama even if he was not born in Hawaii?

Mr. P
04-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Found this:

I think it does..and as far as I know his mom was a citizen.

Did you see anything on a time limit or paper work?

SassyLady
04-22-2010, 01:12 AM
I think it does..and as far as I know his mom was a citizen.

Did you see anything on a time limit or paper work?

I didn't see any time limits on paperwork at the site where I found this.

PostmodernProphet
04-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Found this:

at the time he was born the statute said ten years not five, and the mother had to have lived in the US for at least five years after attaining the age of 16.....she was 18 when he was born.....that is the basis of the argument.....

Nukeman
04-22-2010, 07:00 AM

At the time of Obama's birth, a baby NOT born on US soil to be considerd a "Natural Born Citizen" the parent must have resided in the US for 5 years AFTER their 16th birthday (that would make them 21). Since his mother was only 19 ( I think) when she had him, if he was born outside the US on foriegn soil he would NOT be considerd a "Natural Born Citizen" due to this stipulation.

Personally its splitting hairs but on a side note the dems were all up in arms about McCain being born on a military base in Panama. He had to PROVE his eligibility beyond a doubt why not Obama????

SassyLady
04-22-2010, 09:56 PM
At the time of Obama's birth, a baby NOT born on US soil to be considerd a "Natural Born Citizen" the parent must have resided in the US for 5 years AFTER their 16th birthday (that would make them 21). Since his mother was only 19 ( I think) when she had him, if he was born outside the US on foriegn soil he would NOT be considerd a "Natural Born Citizen" due to this stipulation.

Personally its splitting hairs but on a side note the dems were all up in arms about McCain being born on a military base in Panama. He had to PROVE his eligibility beyond a doubt why not Obama????

Thanks for the clarification about why there is a question. I totally believe that if one is legit then it shouldn't be that difficult to prove "beyond a doubt" and McCain should not be held to a higher standard than Obama.

Mr. P
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the clarification about why there is a question. I totally believe that if one is legit then it shouldn't be that difficult to prove "beyond a doubt" and McCain should not be held to a higher standard than Obama.

I hate to say it but..McCain is white and thus the higher standard.
He did produce his cert though.

As far as Bambam not producing his I suspect one of two reasons.

1. He really isn't a citizen

2. Leaving it in question is an effective distraction from everything he's doing (or not doing).

SassyLady
04-22-2010, 10:22 PM
I hate to say it but..McCain is white and thus the higher standard.
He did produce his cert though.

As far as Bambam not producing his I suspect one of two reasons.

1. He really isn't a citizen

2. Leaving it in question is an effective distraction from everything he's doing (or not doing).

Very astute Mr. P!:beer:

SassyLady
04-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Thought you all might find this amusing....

My daughter lives in Tucson and she has to drive through downtown past the courthouse to get to my granddaughter's school. Last Friday the anti-immigration protestors were out in force and causing havoc downtown. My daughter, who's husband and inlaws are Mexican, has a strong "dislike" for illegals because her inlaws and their family did it legally.

Anyway, while driving to the school the protestors were stopping traffic by stepping into the road and "sauntering" (her words) across the street whether they had the light or not. She is not a patient person and these people were causing her to be late picking up her daughter.....so she "almost" ran over a couple of the ladies.....kinda got too close .... and ended up causing a situation.....anyway, a policeman pulled her over and said "I can give you a ticket for that" and she said "fine, give me a ticket and then give each and every one of those protestors a ticket for crossing against the light!!". He just laughed at her and told her to get out of there and take a different route home.

Boy, was she mad when she called me .........

Kathianne
04-26-2010, 03:36 AM
The states using their power to determine eligibility of voters and setting rules of who will be allowed on ballot is certainly the way to go. I think AZ is making a statement here, one it has the right to make.

Binky
04-26-2010, 04:49 AM

Yep.....one would think........

Binky
04-26-2010, 04:51 AM
I propose that we move the nation's capital to Phoenix

Well, it certainly seems to have more common sense residing there........

Monkeybone
04-26-2010, 06:36 AM
with this AZ thing...I wonder if, for a awhile... or from now on until something stops them, states will start making laws like this to almost get in a pissing match with the Fed Gov.

namvet
04-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Thought you all might find this amusing....

My daughter lives in Tucson and she has to drive through downtown past the courthouse to get to my granddaughter's school. Last Friday the anti-immigration protestors were out in force and causing havoc downtown. My daughter, who's husband and inlaws are Mexican, has a strong "dislike" for illegals because her inlaws and their family did it legally.

Anyway, while driving to the school the protestors were stopping traffic by stepping into the road and "sauntering" (her words) across the street whether they had the light or not. She is not a patient person and these people were causing her to be late picking up her daughter.....so she "almost" ran over a couple of the ladies.....kinda got too close .... and ended up causing a situation.....anyway, a policeman pulled her over and said "I can give you a ticket for that" and she said "fine, give me a ticket and then give each and every one of those protestors a ticket for crossing against the light!!". He just laughed at her and told her to get out of there and take a different route home.

Boy, was she mad when she called me .........

I heard they were all willing to go to jail. so now even if it kills em

revelarts
03-12-2012, 02:53 PM
personally working with files like the one presented by Obama, I could not prove that it was REAL, but I also could not proove it was a FAKE . others don't have my limitations.
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ikaajbOEWpk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>
Arizona Sheriff and Expert Team trying to prove that Certificate is REAL say they failed. Completely.
That what Obama presented was fake.

this thing just won't go away,
And it's looking more substantial as the days go by.

This could get interesting.

Little-Acorn
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
The state of Hawaii, nor Obama have ever released his long-form birth cert..

http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1513826-hawaii-official-now-swears-affidavit.html

Hawaii official now swears: No Obama birth certificate
Signs affidavit declaring long-form, hospital-generated document absent

Published: 01/24/2011 at 8:48 PM
by Jerome R. Corsi

Former Hawaii elections clerk Tim Adams has now signed an affidavit swearing he was told by his supervisors in Hawaii that no long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate existed for Barack Obama Jr. in Hawaii and that neither Queens Medical Center nor Kapi’olani Medical Center in Honolulu had any record of Obama having been born in their medical facilities.

Adams was employed at the City and County of Honolulu Elections Division from May 2008 through September 2008.

His position was senior elections clerk, overseeing a group of 50 to 60 employees responsible for verifying the identity of voters at the Absentee Ballot Office. It was in this capacity that Adams became aware of the search for Obama’s birth-certificate records.

“During the course of my employment,” Adams swears in the affidavit, “I became aware that many requests were being made to the City and County of Honolulu Elections Division, the Hawaii Office of Elections, and the Hawaii Department of Health from around the country to obtain a copy of then-Senator Barack Obama’s long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate.”

As he inquired about the birth certificate, he says, his supervisors told him that the records were not on file at the Hawaii Department of Health.

“Senior officers in the City and County of Honolulu Elections Division told me on multiple occasions that no Hawaii long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate existed for Senator Obama in the Hawaii Department of Health,” Adams’ affidavit reads, “and there was no record that any such document had ever been on file in the Hawaii Department of Health or any other branch or department of the Hawaii government.”

In a recorded telephone interview, Adams told WND that it was common knowledge among election officials where he worked that no long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate could be found at the Hawaii Department of Health.

“We called the two hospitals in Honolulu: Queens and Kapi’olani,” Adams stressed. “Neither of them have any records that Barack Obama was born there.”

DragonStryk72
03-12-2012, 05:09 PM
You know, I really fucking hate the 26th Amendment. It's completely against what our Founders intended, and it was born of such a stupid era where we thought the Commies were somehow gonna get elected to the Presidency and revoke the Constitution. Seriously, This is beyond irrelevant, and bringing it up again and again just makes our side look like a bunch of loons.

There are so many other highly legitimate criticisms of Obama's time in office, why do we keep harping on the only argument that makes us look like paranoid nutters?

Yes, the 26th is stupid, and completely against our own essential credo, that there are no classes in America, that even the lowest amongst us can rise to the heights of greatness, and honestly, all we've done with that idiocy is destroy our shot at getting some of the better minds from outside our borders weighing in. IMO, it should be repealed.

Little-Acorn
03-12-2012, 06:18 PM
You know, I really fucking hate the 26th Amendment. It's completely against what our Founders intended, and it was born of such a stupid era where we thought the Commies were somehow gonna get elected to the Presidency and revoke the Constitution. Seriously, This is beyond irrelevant, and bringing it up again and again just makes our side look like a bunch of loons.

There are so many other highly legitimate criticisms of Obama's time in office, why do we keep harping on the only argument that makes us look like paranoid nutters?

Yes, the 26th is stupid, and completely against our own essential credo, that there are no classes in America, that even the lowest amongst us can rise to the heights of greatness, and honestly, all we've done with that idiocy is destroy our shot at getting some of the better minds from outside our borders weighing in. IMO, it should be repealed.

You don't like 18-year-olds voting?

logroller
03-12-2012, 07:01 PM
just people without the appropriate papers.

revelarts
03-13-2012, 10:48 AM

I was wondering about that too.
It's article 2 of the Constitution that applies.

But DS I've always considered the whole birther thing an unprovable distraction, but now that U.S. law enforcement folks have investigated and say they are convinced the Birth certificate is a forgery. Seasoned investigators who got supposed graphics and doc experts testing and consulting on the technical side.
I can't dismiss this out of hand.
I'm sure they will be called nuts and racist to but there's something here. and they've taken it steps further than just the birth certificate to his daft form and contacts with Hawaii and Kenya. They feel there's a fraud and forgery case.

There's something here, or not here

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGu9NDAw2Vg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGu9NDAw2Vg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGW6WYmcneU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGW6WYmcneU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Trigg
03-13-2012, 11:44 AM
I think we'll find out the truth eventually, it just may take 50 yrs or so.

Obama keeps the conspirators going by not releasing his college records or anything else from his younger years.

Honestly I think he probably was born in the US and not Kenya. The worse thing I think he's guilty of is scholership fraud. I honestly think he listed himself as foreign to get more aid and that's the reason for the secrecy surrounding his college records.

If the tea party wanted to get some real attention that is what I'd focus on.

Little-Acorn
03-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I honestly think he listed himself as foreign to get more aid and that's the reason for the secrecy surrounding his college records.

That's my guess, too.

However:

"You have the right to remain silent. It your give up that right, anything you say can be used against you in a court of law....."

Remember?

My brother-in-law is a cop, and once commented to me on why, when a cop pulls you over and asks you to recite the alphabet backward to check if you're drunk, he said: "We don't care if they can say it backward or not. Most people can't whether they're drunk or not. What we're looking for, is a startled look from the driver, and the comment, "Gee, I can't even do that when I'm sober!"

...."anything you say can be used against you..." Once they say something like that, they're toast.

Might our esteemed President be in the same boat, once his college scholarship application sees the light of day?

Trigg
03-16-2012, 06:49 PM
That's my guess, too.

However:

"You have the right to remain silent. It your give up that right, anything you say can be used against you in a court of law....."

Remember?

My brother-in-law is a cop, and once commented to me on why, when a cop pulls you over and asks you to recite the alphabet backward to check if you're drunk, he said: "We don't care if they can say it backward or not. Most people can't whether they're drunk or not. What we're looking for, is a startled look from the driver, and the comment, "Gee, I can't even do that when I'm sober!"

...."anything you say can be used against you..." Once they say something like that, they're toast.

Might our esteemed President be in the same boat, once his college scholarship application sees the light of day?

I think that every time I watch COPS on TV lol.

logroller
03-19-2012, 01:49 AM
That's my guess, too.

However:

Remember?

I don't think it make any legal difference though, even if he did lie. If it was longer 7 years ago, he couldn't be charged anyhow.

Nukeman
03-19-2012, 07:12 AM
I don't think it make any legal difference though, even if he did lie. If it was longer 7 years ago, he couldn't be charged anyhow.So are you saying you are ok with a sitting president defrauding the US govt?? I dont give a crap if it was 40 years ago the president of the US should be held to the highest standards and if it comes out that he cheated the govt out of funds than he should prosecuted and run out of office or at the least BANNED from running for public office, I feel that way for ALL public offices as well. If you are ever caught cheating the govt out of any funds you lose your privledge of public service..... IMHO..