PDA

View Full Version : US Commander Orders Quick End To "Long War"

Psychoblues
04-25-2007, 05:01 PM
What kind of gamesmanship is this?

By Andrew Gray

WASHINGTON, April 24 (Reuters) - The U.S. military's Central Command has stopped calling its fight with Islamist militants the "long war" and says the change reflects its aim of reducing troop levels in Iraq and Afghanistan over time.
Gen. John Abizaid, the previous head of Central Command, coined the phrase to stress that the broader conflict with militants would not end with the current wars and the term has been widely used by senior U.S. officials and commanders.

More: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N24426865.htm

It’ll all come out in the wash, I guess.

Psychoblues
04-26-2007, 04:06 AM
The commander only attempts to change the nomenclature. He is still in for the long haul.

Sitarro
04-26-2007, 04:39 AM
They should be calling for an immediate withdraw from Iraq, this would force the contrary children that populate the Democrat party to decide that a troop escalation is what is really needed in Iraq. You would think after six years the Bush administration would understand just how susceptible to the simplest of reverse psychology the Democrats are.

Psychoblues
04-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Most Democrats gave Bush everything he wanted in the aftermath of 9/11. He abused that bipartisanship and even the respect of the WORLD at large by telling lies and complicating our military endeavors by engaging us in a war on Iraq based completely on lies. I will admit that I never supported this war on Iraq because I really did know better because I have been there and then I started distrusting and subsequently disliking to an enormous degree about everything the lil' chickenhawk drugstore cowboy has had to say.

They should be calling for an immediate withdraw from Iraq, this would force the contrary children that populate the Democrat party to decide that a troop escalation is what is really needed in Iraq. You would think after six years the Bush administration would understand just how susceptible to the simplest of reverse psychology the Democrats are.

The reverse psychology of which you speak was used on you and you ain't got it yet, have you, zorro?

Sitarro
04-26-2007, 05:02 AM
Most Democrats gave Bush everything he wanted in the aftermath of 9/11. He abused that bipartisanship and even the respect of the WORLD at large by telling lies and complicating our military endeavors by engaging us in a war on Iraq based completely on lies. I will admit that I never supported this war on Iraq because I really did know better because I have been there and then I started distrusting and subsequently disliking to an enormous degree about everything the lil' chickenhawk drugstore cowboy has had to say.

Lies? WHat lies are you talking about?

The reverse psychology of which you speak was used on you and you ain't got it yet, have you, zorro?

I'm sure in your mind, at least what is left of it, you think that.....Who is Zorro?

By the way, "the blues" is as much of a joke as "rap".

04-26-2007, 05:10 AM
I'm sure in your mind, at least what is left of it, you think that.....Who is Zorro?

I probably shouldn't tell you, but I think you can keep a secret. Diego De La Vega is Zorro. Now keep that under your mask...

Psychoblues
04-26-2007, 05:23 AM
And Zorro is as much of a joke as sitarro.

Lies? WHat lies are you talking about?

By the way, "the blues" is as much of a joke as "rap".

You don't pay much attention to the news and you don't read much. That is obvious. Can't help you on that accord, zorro.

Sitarro
04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
And Zorro is as much of a joke as sitarro.

That's funny coming from the board psychopath who is susceptible to every line of bullshit regurgitated by the other psychopaths in the Democrat party.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: You still haven't figured out the quote feature, you're almost there, about halfway.

You don't pay much attention to the news and you don't read much. That is obvious. Can't help you on that accord, zorro.

Actually I do pay attention to real news and read a great deal, just finished rereading "Atlas Shrugged" and "The Fountainhead" for the 5th time.
I don't know where you got the idea that I needed or wanted your help in getting a Honda Accord but you're wrong again, maybe you have me confused with that Zorro fella.

And, once again, The Blues sucks worse than Bluegrass, especially the supremely overated B.B.King.:cool: :laugh2: :coffee: :salute: :fu:

Pale Rider
04-26-2007, 01:11 PM
And, once again, The Blues sucks worse than Bluegrass, especially the supremely overated B.B.King.:cool: :laugh2: :coffee: :salute: :fu:

Hey... I like bluegrass... :cool:

But, Sitarro, I don't recall seeing an answer to your question, "what lies."

Sitarro
04-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey... I like bluegrass... :cool:

But, Sitarro, I don't recall seeing an answer to your question, "what lies."

It was more about giving Psycho shit than a dislike of bluegrass. Really, the only reason I used bluegrass was the word blue in it's title.

He never answers any direct questions, he is the definition of a drive by poster.

Psychoblues
04-27-2007, 08:33 PM
What dictionary are you using, zorro?

It was more about giving Psycho shit than a dislike of bluegrass. Really, the only reason I used bluegrass was the word blue in it's title.

He never answers any direct questions, he is the definition of a drive by poster.

I've looked up drive, by and poster collectively and separately in my old Funk and Wagnalls and I just don't get your drift?