View Full Version : Geico in hot water?!

SassyLady
04-21-2010, 02:24 PM
How many people who are in the Tea Party own Geico insurance? Perhaps because they fired this guy they will be able to save some of their clients.

PS - I sincerely hope no one here has Progressive insurance - the owner is one of the cofounders of MoveOn.org.

Is the Geico Gecko a Tea Party Crasher Too?
by Matt Kibbe

Why would the voice of Geico Insurance (“Save $50 dollars or more…”) attack the staff and followers of FreedomWorks as “mentally retarded?” Does he really think that the good men and women who make up the tea party movement – mothers and daughters, grandparents and grandchildren – are all potential murderers that will inevitably “actually kill someone?”

Better yet, how many of these “mentally retarded” killers opted to save $50 dollars or more on their car insurance.

Last week, the FreedomWorks press department received a voicemail from a man identifying himself as Lance Baxter. This is what Lance has to say:

Click to Listen: Lance Baxter’s Voicemail [go to website to follow link]

We called back to verify Lance’s identity. He said he was busy, but thanked us for the call and said he’d call back. When he didn’t, we followed up to make sure his question had been answered:

Click to Listen: Adam Brandon confirms the caller [go to website to follow link]

Lance Baxter (AKA D.C. Douglas) is a noted voiceover actor. When he is not making creepy harassing calls to groups like FreedomWorks, he is the voice at the end of the Geico commercials.

Feel free to contact Lance. He was so kind to provide his number in the voicemail. Call his employer too. The customer service line for Geico is 800.871.3000.

Let them know that you, in fact, are not a mentally retarded killer, but that you are now in the market for car insurance.

http://biggovernment.com/mkibbe/2010/04/14/is-the-geico-gecko-a-tea-party-crasher-too/#idc-cover

pete311
04-21-2010, 02:26 PM
USAA baby! :salute:

glockmail
04-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Geico's a shit company anyway. When I was with All State and didn't like the service I tried to get a quote from them years ago and they rejected me for one speeding ticket three years prior. They cherry-pick, and you don't want that in an insurance company. You could be with them for years then as soon as you have a problem they drop you.

I've been with Nationwide since 1984. I started with them with only the mandatory for a motorcycle. The agent worked out of an office no bigger than a closet off of his kitchen and told me that they don't write policies for motorcycles only, but he would for me because I was a referral and he had checked up on me, noting that I had started a job with a good company, I had a promising career, was scheduled to get married, my soon-to-be wife was in grad school and he expected that I'd be using him for a long time to insure lots of things.

He was right. :beer:

SassyLady
04-21-2010, 02:55 PM

Me too! :salute:

Mr. P
04-21-2010, 03:54 PM

Me too! :salute:

Since 1976. :salute:

MtnBiker
04-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Gieco fired the turd.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/04/geico_cuts_ties_with_voice_act.html

PostmodernProphet
04-21-2010, 06:17 PM
I've always suspected that lizard was an illegal alien......the accent's a dead give away......

cat slave
04-21-2010, 06:42 PM
I loved the pic of a hawk with a lizard in its mouth with the caption, "lets
see the little **** sell insurance now. Wish I could find it to post...hilarious!:laugh2:

namvet
04-21-2010, 06:54 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VizIrBQwA8w/R46sWyWraJI/AAAAAAAAA6M/b1eHk0Izxc4/s400/geicogecco.JPG

ill have to update my resume

Abbey Marie
04-21-2010, 11:01 PM
I often wonder why libs feel so comfortable spouting their leftist beliefs in any group. Do they truly believe that everyone feels the same about political issues as they? It happens time and again, even in public, where they cannot possibly know the people hearing them.

Gaffer
04-22-2010, 07:25 AM
I often wonder why libs feel so comfortable spouting their leftist beliefs in any group. Do they truly believe that everyone feels the same about political issues as they? It happens time and again, even in public, where they cannot possibly know the people hearing them.

They shouldn't feel comfortable around me. I tend to get vocal when someone starts spouting liberal shit. And I will do so in private or public. Makes no difference.

Insein
04-22-2010, 08:55 AM
How many people who are in the Tea Party own Geico insurance? Perhaps because they fired this guy they will be able to save some of their clients.

PS - I sincerely hope no one here has Progressive insurance - the owner is one of the cofounders of MoveOn.org.

Really? Ugh. Do my personal beliefs out weigh my laziness to find a new insurance company? Hmm.

Abbey Marie
04-22-2010, 02:37 PM
They shouldn't feel comfortable around me. I tend to get vocal when someone starts spouting liberal shit. And I will do so in private or public. Makes no difference.

I believe you, G. :salute:

SassyLady
04-22-2010, 10:17 PM
[/b]

Really? Ugh. Do my personal beliefs out weigh my laziness to find a new insurance company? Hmm.

Hopefully! Sometimes it's difficult and inconvenient to hold true to our principles.

Kathianne
04-23-2010, 05:24 AM
The calls worked:

http://moelane.com/2010/04/21/rsrh-geico-voiceover-guy-canned-for-slurring-well-me/

#rsrh GEICO voiceover guy canned for slurring, well, me.

No, not the gecko. The gecko’s not involved in any of this. It’s cool.

[UPDATE]: Welcome, Instapundit readers. And Reason makes a vital correction to its story.

Not just me, or specifically me, of course. But, given that I’m both a supporter of the Tea Party movement and a GEICO customer, when I heard that this Lance Baxter fellow had called up FreedomWorks to be a rude, profane, and rather confused individual I made it a point to call up my insurance provider and tell them – nicely – that I didn’t really approve of such behavior, I was curious whether this represented GEICO’s official stance on the matter, and that his continued employment by GEICO would be a factor when it came time to decide whether to renew my insurance policy with them.

Annnnnd now he’s gone (via here and here). I must not have been the only person to call.

Moe Lane

PS: Actions have consequences. And it is not acceptable for conservatives to be the subject of abuse by liberals, just because they are having a bad day.