PDA

View Full Version : Wow...Pittsburg

jackass
04-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Looking to get rid of Rothlesburger now....for just a top 5 First round pick. Guess they are planning on rebuilding...hahahaha :laugh2:

chesswarsnow
04-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. They sure threw him under the bus fast then!
2. Seeing he wasn't convicted of a crime.
3. Guess they don't think much of him then.:cool:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

darin
04-22-2010, 04:01 AM
...Trading for a guy who'll miss 6 games this year? I can't see too many folk takin the bait.

jimnyc
04-22-2010, 06:50 AM
Looking to get rid of Rothlesburger now....for just a top 5 First round pick. Guess they are planning on rebuilding...hahahaha :laugh2:

It will be their biggest mistake if they did so. There is no one in the entire draft that could take over his position. They could only "break even" if they made a draft day trade for an equivalent QB.

Sorry bout that,

1. They sure threw him under the bus fast then!
2. Seeing he wasn't convicted of a crime.
3. Guess they don't think much of him then.:cool:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The Steelers have always tossed away players when they are troublesome. Normally I am proud of them when they stick to their ways, but it sucks when it's a player of such quality. If he does remain, Ben needs to grow up and spend his money on toys and stay at home for the next 10 years!

...Trading for a guy who'll miss 6 games this year? I can't see too many folk takin the bait.

He's young and has already proven to be a leader. If another team thinks he'll ride straight from now on, he's easily worth a 1st round pick. The only picks I see off limits are projected 2 and 3, both DT's - Ndamukong Suh & Gerald McCoy.

I hope he takes his punishment like a man and learns. For now, the Steelers brought back Byron Leftwich a few days ago and will have him starting the first 6 games.

Insein
04-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Raiders would do it. Just win baby!

chesswarsnow
04-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. As far as anyone knows it was some tramp/whore who accused him of rape.
2. In order to get a free lucnh ticket.
3. His name gets dragged through the mud.
4. And he gets screwed without even getting a kiss.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
04-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Sorry bout that,

Raiders would do it. Just win baby!

1. I think he should demand to be traded, screw the Steelers!
2. His name doesn't mean much if they so quickly throw him under the bus.
3. Let him come here to the Cowboys!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sweetchuck
06-25-2010, 08:23 AM
How's that Roethlisberger trade working out for yinz?

jimnyc
06-26-2010, 09:08 AM
How's that Roethlisberger trade working out for yinz?

As the primary Steelers poster here, I will say I am grateful that they didn't trade him. He made a poor decision and got himself in a mess and is now serving a suspension as punishment. None of that changes the fact that he is a premier QB in the NFL. I just hope he learns from this and matures.

Sweetchuck
06-26-2010, 10:43 AM
As the primary Steelers poster here, I will say I am grateful that they didn't trade him. He made a poor decision and got himself in a mess and is now serving a suspension as punishment. None of that changes the fact that he is a premier QB in the NFL. I just hope he learns from this and matures.

I like everyone else in the world am also a Steelers fan, however I consider myself a purebred since I'm actually from Pittsburgh.

Here's my take. Where does it say every successful player in the NFL has to be a role model? Nowhere. Would I have liked to seen Ben be that golden boy - sure. Am I disappointed he's not, sure. But I support his wish to live his life the way he wants to live it.

My problem is with Goodell. Considering that Ben: a) broke no rules, b) was convicted of no crime (or even charged), it's a fucking joke that Goodell is suspending him for 6 games. Total fucking joke - the only reason Ben is being suspended is because he's white.

That's it, the only reason. Goodell was getting blowback from black groups because black players were the only ones getting suspended, so Ben became the whipping boy for political pressure in the NFL.

If banging bar sluts is against the NFL rule book, they won't have enough players next year to field a single game and I really dislike turning this into a racial issue, but it is what it is. There's no other logical reason.

Having said all that, I think Ben's a dumbass, one that will never learn to be anything but and considering that, Ben would have done well IMO to hire a dream team of lawyers and run Goodell up a fucking flagpole. He didn't, he decided to play the "I'm sorry, I'll be a good kid from now on" card and that will bite him in the long run because I don't think that's who he is.