Psychoblues
04-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Supporting Documents for H Res 333

Synopsis of Resolution

Text of Resolution as Introduced in the House of Representatives

Letter to Vice President Cheney

Brief summary of impeachment procedure

Supporting Documents for Article I

Article I (1)(A): Transcripts of March 17, 2002 Press Conference by Vice President Dick Cheney and His Highness Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince of Bahrain at Shaikh Hamad Palace.

Article I (1)(B): Transcripts of March 19, 2002 Press Briefing by Vice President Dick Cheney and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in Jerusalem.

Article I (1)(C): Transcripts of March 24, 2002 Wolf Blitzer interview of Vice President Cheney on CNN’s Late Edition.

Article I (1)(D): Transcripts of May 19, 2002 Tim Russert interview with Vice President Cheney on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Article I (1)(E): Speech of Vice President Cheney at VFW 103rd National Convention on August 26, 2002.

Article I (1)(F & G): Transcripts of September 8, 2002 Tim Russert interview with Vice President Cheney on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Article I (1)(H): Transcripts of March 16, 2003 Tim Russert interview with Vice President Cheney on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Article I (2)(A): Pincus, Walter and Priest, Dana. “Some Iraq Analysts Felt Pressure From Cheney Visits.” Washington Post 5 June 2003: A01.

Article I (2)(B): Hersh, Seymour M. “The Stovepipe.” The New Yorker 27 October 2003.

Article I (3)(A): National Intelligence Estimate, October 1, 2002. pg. 9

Article I (3)(B): National Intelligence Estimate, October 1, 2002. pg. 84

Article I (3)(C): National Intelligence Estimate, October 1, 2002. pg. 9

United States service member deaths: Department of Defense Casualty Report

Iraqi civilian deaths: Lancet Report

Cost of the war: CRS report RL33110

Loss of military readiness: Korb, Lawrence. “A troop readiness crisis.” Boston Globe 11 April 2007.

Supporting Documents for Article II

Article II (1)(A): Speech of Vice President Cheney at the Air National Guard Senior Leadership Conference on December 2, 2002.

Article II (1)(B): Speech of Vice President Cheney to 30th Political Action Conference in Arlington, Virginia on January 30, 2003.

Article II (1)(C): Transcripts of March 16, 2003 Tim Russert interview with Vice President Cheney on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Article II (1)(D): Transcripts of September 14, 2003 Tim Russert interview with Vice President Cheney on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Article II (1)(E): Speech of Vice President Cheney at Bush-Cheney '04 Fundraiser in Iowa on October 3, 2003.

Article II (1)(F): Speech of Vice President Cheney to the Heritage Foundation on October 10, 2003.

Article II (1)(G): Hayes, Stephen. “Cheney v. Powell.” The Weekly Standard 13 January 2004.

Article II (1)(H): Transcripts of January 22, 2004 Juan Williams interview with Vice President Cheney on NPR’s Morning Edition.

Article II (1)(I): Transcripts of June 17, 2004 Gloria Borger interview with Vice President Cheney on CNBC’s Capital Report.

Article II (2)(A): Waas, Murray. “Key Bush Intelligence Briefing Kept From Hill Panel.” National Journal 22 November 2005.

Article II (2)(B): Jehl, Douglas. “Report Warned Bush Team About Intelligence Doubts.” New York Times 6 November 2005.

Article II (2)(C): “Leaked Report Rejects Iraqi al-Qaeda link.” BBC News 5 February 2003.

United States service member deaths: Department of Defense Casualty Report

Iraqi civilian deaths: Lancet Report

Cost of the war: CRS report RL33110

Loss of military readiness: Korb, Lawrence. “A troop readiness crisis.” Boston Globe 11 April 2007.

Supporting Documents for Article III

Article III (1)(A): Speech of Vice President Cheney to American Israel Public Affairs Committee 2006 Policy Conference on March 7, 2006.

Article III (1)(B): Transcripts of January 24, 2007 Wolf Blitzer interview with Vice President Cheney on CNN’s Situation Room.

Article III (1)(C): Transcripts of January 28, 2007 Richard Wolffe interview with Vice President Cheney for Newsweek Magazine.

Article III (1)(D): Transcripts of February 24, 2007 Press Briefing with Vice President Cheney and Australian Prime Minister in Sydney, Australia.

Article III (2)(A): Transcripts of February 19, 2007 Daniel Dombey interview with Director General Mohamed ElBaradei for the Financial Times.

Article III (2)(B): International Atomic Energy Agency Board of Governors Report, February 22, 2007.

Article III (2)(C): Transcripts of February 19, 2007 Daniel Dombey interview with Director General Mohamed ElBaradei for the Financial Times.

Article III (3)(A): Hirsh, Michael. “Hirsh: A Failed Shot at Peace with Iran?” Newsweek 8 February 2007.

Article III (3)(B): Abramowitz, Michael. “Cheney Says U.S. Is Sending ‘Strong Signal’ to Iran.” Washington Post 29 January 2007: A02.

Article III (3)(C): Hersh, Seymour M. “The Iran Plans.” The New Yorker 17 April 2006.

Article III (3)(D): Londono, Ernest and al-Izzi, Saad. “Iraq Intensifies Efforts to Expel Iranian Group.” Washington Post 14 March 2007: A10.

Article III (3)(E): Hersh, Seymour M. “The Iran Plans.” The New Yorker 17 April 2006.

Article III (4)(A): Article VI of Constitution of the United States of America.

Article III (4)(B): Chapter I, Article 2 of Charter of the United Nations

Article III (4)(C): Chapter VII, Article 51 of Charter of the United Nations

More: http://kucinich.house.gov/SpotlightIssues/documents.htm

manu1959
04-25-2007, 05:19 PM
looks like they finally figured out they would have to take cheney out before bush otherwise chenry would be president....

stephanie
04-25-2007, 05:22 PM
looks like they finally figured out they would have to take cheney out before bush otherwise chenry would be president....

Exactly..:laugh2:

stephanie
04-25-2007, 05:53 PM
:lmao: :cuckoo:

Kucinich says it's more 'practical' to impeach Cheney than Bush

After briefly delaying while Vice President Cheney was at the doctor's office, Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Dennis Kucinich of Ohio went ahead Tuesday and filed three articles of impeachment against the vice president.

Kucinich told The Plain Dealer that the Bush administration is guilty of "fabricating a threat of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction" to lead the nation into war with Iraq. But he isn't going after the president, Kucinich said, because he wouldn't want to see Cheney become president if Bush were removed from office.
This morning on CNN, Kucinich said he believes it "is time someone in Congress stood up" to challenge the administration as he is.

Will anything come of this? Kucinich does not have the support of his own party's leaders:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told The Plain Dealer that Democratic leaders don't back impeachment "because we are here to go in a positive direction for the American people" and are focusing instead on stopping the Iraq war.
http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/04/kucinich_says_i.html

glockmail
04-25-2007, 07:38 PM
That man's a mouse.

Gaffer
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM
kucinich the elf that wants to be king.

Psychoblues
04-26-2007, 04:03 AM
Dennis is no mouse, nor is he an elf. He is a power to be reckoned with and the articles that he proposes are serious as a heart attack.

glockmail
04-26-2007, 07:49 AM
Dennis is no mouse, nor is he an elf. He is a power to be reckoned with and the articles that he proposes are serious as a heart attack.
Bullshit.

loosecannon
04-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Bullshit.

turdblossom

loosecannon
04-26-2007, 11:14 AM
on a related note:

http://tinyurl.com/2fh3kj

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice signalled Thursday that she would not comply with a subpoena to appear before Congress to testify about discredited assertions on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

"This is an issue that has been answered and answered and answered," Rice said when asked about the subpoena during a visit to Oslo for a meeting of NATO foreign ministers.

Rice said her staff had written three letters in the last month to Democratic congressman Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Government Reform Committee, concerning his questions about bogus 2003 White House assertions that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein had sought enriched uranium from Niger as part of a program to develop nuclear weapons.

Is Rice going to plead the fifth, refuse congressional subpoena authority or risk perjuring herself?

Tensions mount as WH escalates coverup.

glockmail
04-26-2007, 01:09 PM
on a related note:

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice signalled Thursday that she would not comply with a subpoena to appear before Congress to testify about discredited assertions on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

"This is an issue that has been answered and answered and answered," Rice said when asked about the subpoena during a visit to Oslo for a meeting of NATO foreign ministers.

Rice said her staff had written three letters in the last month to Democratic congressman Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Government Reform Committee, concerning his questions about bogus 2003 White House assertions that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein had sought enriched uranium from Niger as part of a program to develop nuclear weapons.

Is Rice going to plead the fifth, refuse congressional subpoena authority or risk perjuring herself?

Tensions mount as WH escalates coverup. Looks like Condi is one of the few with the balls to stand up to these bullshit Damnocrat political tactics. Good for her.

Psychoblues
04-27-2007, 08:26 PM
I don't know what to think?!?!?!?! Kucinich is a mouse or an elf, Condi has balls. Lies are truth then right must certainly be wrong.

Looks like Condi is one of the few with the balls to stand up to these bullshit Damnocrat political tactics. Good for her.

Each day, in every way,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks, gm.

diuretic
04-27-2007, 10:46 PM
on a related note:

If she refuses to front up will she be arrested and brought before the Committee?

stephanie
04-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Good....I hope the Democrats do have Condi arrested..

Hello 2008:cheers2:

KarlMarx
04-28-2007, 05:31 AM
Impeachment has become the Democrats' wet dream. They just would love to pay back the Republicans for daring to impeach Billy Boy.

Now, if Kucinich is so hot to impeach someone, let him start with the Speaker of the House, Her Royal Highness Nancy "Alfalfa" Pelosi for violating the Logan Act.

04-28-2007, 05:38 AM

Really? i didnt hear that heart attacks were no longer a problem. Kudos to the doctors who digured out how to stop them.

04-28-2007, 05:39 AM
on a related note:

how many times do you want her to explain herself before you guys are satisfied?

Gaffer
04-28-2007, 08:59 AM
If they keep the lie going long enough more people believe it. Saying Bush lied is the BIG lie the libs have been spouting since 03. It's the only thing they can hang their hat on for the 08 elections. They offer nothing else.

Bush may have been wrong, but he didn't lie. The libs are flat out lying.

diuretic
04-28-2007, 10:53 AM
how many times do you want her to explain herself before you guys are satisfied?

Have you ever tried to get the facts out of someone other than face to face? Reading a letter doesn't cut it.

diuretic
04-28-2007, 10:54 AM
If they keep the lie going long enough more people believe it. Saying Bush lied is the BIG lie the libs have been spouting since 03. It's the only thing they can hang their hat on for the 08 elections. They offer nothing else.

Bush may have been wrong, but he didn't lie. The libs are flat out lying.

Do you know how you find out if someone is lying or not?

glockmail
04-29-2007, 08:00 PM
I don't know what to think?!?!?!?! Kucinich is a mouse or an elf, Condi has balls. Lies are truth then right must certainly be wrong.

Each day, in every way,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks, gm.

Here's one fer ya:

1. Everything I say is a lie.
2. I am lying.

:laugh2:

glockmail
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Do you know how you find out if someone is lying or not?
Water board them.

diuretic
04-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Water board them.

Wrong.

diuretic
04-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Here's one fer ya:

1. Everything I say is a lie.
2. I am lying.

:laugh2:

Do you always lie?

glockmail
04-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Do you always lie?
It's a conundrum for pyscho

diuretic
04-29-2007, 10:20 PM

No I asked you then question for a reason. This is a fun paradox when you get into it, it has all kinds of levels of discussion attached to it. So, if a liar tells you he's a liar is he telling you he actually tells the truth? :lol:

Psychoblues
04-29-2007, 11:18 PM
I hope you get an answer to that question, diruetic.

No I asked you then question for a reason. This is a fun paradox when you get into it, it has all kinds of levels of discussion attached to it. So, if a liar tells you he's a liar is he telling you he actually tells the truth? :lol:

But, I can only imagine though it is probably true they are pissing down their legs trying to think something up for you.

diuretic
04-30-2007, 02:14 AM
It's actually harder than you might think - you know you'd think that's pretty straightforward and then it gets involved in all sorts of philosophical argument that's well beyond my understanding. It seems like every bloody philosopher since Plato has had a go at the liar paradox. I have no chance of understand it, frankly, and I'm not being disingenuous for effect, I used to let my eyes glaze over when someone started banging on about Russell's ideas on the liar paradox.......zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....wake me up when it's time to leave.

I learned all my philosphy from these blokes - much more fun:

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable.

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table.

David Hume could out-consume
Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, [some versions have 'Schopenhauer and Hegel']

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya
'Bout the raising of the wrist.
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.

Plato, they say, could stick it away--
Half a crate of whisky every day.

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle.
Hobbes was fond of his dram,

And René Descartes was a drunken fart.
'I drink, therefore I am.'

Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed,
A lovely little thinker,
But a bugger when he's pissed.

A colleague of mine who used to teach philosophy at one of our universities told me the verse is still pinned up on the front door to the Philosphy Faculty at his old uni.

diuretic
04-30-2007, 02:17 AM
ps - I don't take all this seriously, it pains me to see people getting ticked off with me. Much more fun to have a good little discussion and then :cheers2:

Oh well.

Psychoblues
04-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Cheers, my friend.

ps - I don't take all this seriously, it pains me to see people getting ticked off with me. Much more fun to have a good little discussion and then :cheers2:

Oh well.

Enjoy the poitics and animosities of America.

diuretic
04-30-2007, 02:26 AM
Cheers, my friend.

Enjoy the poitics and animosities of America.

One thing I always admired about Americans, your ability to put a view. When I'm there I watch tv and listen to radio and regardless of the topic or the slant, it's good to watch and hear people discussing things that are important to them and their country. And the good thing, no-one goes around shooting each other, burning each other's houses, organising attacks on other groupings just over politics. Football I can understand but no-one should get so upset over politics that they riot (in Canada, simply substitute "hockey" for "football" - heck they even riot when their team wins!)

glockmail
04-30-2007, 03:45 PM
No I asked you then question for a reason. This is a fun paradox when you get into it, it has all kinds of levels of discussion attached to it. So, if a liar tells you he's a liar is he telling you he actually tells the truth? :lol: I get it. That's why I posted it.

diuretic
04-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I get it. That's why I posted it.

And I'm glad you did, it's a great paradox. I have to say though, I'm not at all impressed with the po-faced professional philosophers who want to slice and dice what is essentially an unknowable paradox and make sort of sense out of it. As I said, earlier, I could never quite get the point of spending friggng hours debating its deepest inner meanings and so-called "levels" of meaning. What a frigging wank waste of time and effort. Reminds me of the lyrics from a song by Jane Siberry:

Five intelligent minds huddled in a fancy restaurant,
all that brain power bent on...what shall I? what shall I?...

(Half Eagle, Half Angel)

Psychoblues
05-04-2007, 12:11 AM
You don't know what "conundrum" means, gm.

So, don't pretend that you do.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 07:52 AM
You don't know what "conundrum" means, gm....

So, don't pretend that you do.

Conundrum: puzzle, mystery, paradox, riddle, poser.