PDA

View Full Version : Arizona will go after illegals

namvet
04-23-2010, 06:53 PM
good for them. some progress down there. other states should sit up here and take notice

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed into law a controversial bill that seeks to crack down on illegal immigration.

The sweeping measure will make it a crime under state law to be in the country illegally. It will also require local police officers to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are in the country illegally.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/23/arizona-governor-signs-controversial-immigration/

the protester are piling in.

Obama Blasts Pending Arizona Immigration Law: "Irresponsibility"

he may have to show proof of citizenship there as well.

http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/04/23/obama-blasts-pending-arizona-immigration-law-irresponsibility/

hmmm sounds like a good place to live

cat slave
04-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Leave it to a woman to blaze the trail:)

So BO doesnt like it....tough.....hes being racist!!!!!! Nah nah nah nah nah!!!!!

Now the real battle begins.

bullypulpit
04-24-2010, 04:29 AM
Seig Heil, Y'all.

Sitarro
04-24-2010, 05:00 AM
Seig Heil, Y'all.

What's your solution to the invasion of illiterate third world useless criminals that are not interested in becoming American or speaking english?

namvet
04-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Osama's pissed because these are lost votes and $$$ for him and his brown shits

DragonStryk72
04-24-2010, 11:06 AM
What's your solution to the invasion of illiterate third world useless criminals that are not interested in becoming American or speaking english?

Well, it isn't suspending the constitution in order to do it. Remember unreasonable search and seizure? What this will end up boiling down to is police having an excuse to give people crap for speaking Spanish, which even legal citizens do at times, just as Chinese immigrants tend to speak Chinese at times. I have a Korean Tae Kwon Do instructor, Master Lee, and by this law he can be stopped once a day just to ask for his ID, because his English isn't all that good. No matter that he's been a legal citizen for longer than I've been alive.

There are no stipulations to what constitutes "suspicion", and even pulling over a drunk driver requires there to be reasonable cause to do so. That degree of sense is missing from this bill.

My plan, strip the business license off of any business found to be hiring illegals, along with severe fines. Deport the illegals, and quickly enough word gets out that there is no opportunity, because the businesses will stop hiring them. At the same time, we do need to reform our immigration policy a ways. One way of doing it would be to take the same stance as Ireland takes on it, allowing those campaigning for citizenship live in-country while their paperwork is processing, as well as allowing them to pay down the citizenship costs over time, as opposed to a huge lump sum payment. At least a bit of the problem is that it would take 109775.75 pesos with the cost of $9000 USD to get in. This is far beyond the cost of what most Mexicans make per year, and if they get denied for whatever reason? They have to pay it all over again, just for the chance. That's insane.

Most of the illegals coming over aren't really criminals in the threatening sense, in fact, a number of them are coming here to escape the criminals in their own country. Nor are most illiterate as you throw in, yes some are, but it's not the majority. This in no way gives them the right to just come in when they feel like it, and they are still violating our laws, but let's keep it in perspective, stay to the actual problem, as opposed to these tactics that are just going to end up demeaning us morally.

Kathianne
04-24-2010, 11:19 AM
AZ is acting in response to violence. IF the Feds anytime during the past 30 some years had done one of the few things that fall within their jurisdiction, secure the border, this wouldn't be an issue.

When the concern was jobs, AZ didn't move, now however it's the drug cartels and the violence is crossing, the state would be remiss in not addressing. As for the feds, if the cartels are crossing as they are, it's a matter of time before jihadis do.

Mr. P
04-24-2010, 11:29 AM
AZ is acting in response to violence. IF the Feds anytime during the past 30 some years had done one of the few things that fall within their jurisdiction, secure the border, this wouldn't be an issue.

When the concern was jobs, AZ didn't move, now however it's the drug cartels and the violence is crossing, the state would be remiss in not addressing. As for the feds, if the cartels are crossing as they are, it's a matter of time before jihadis do.

The Fed is too busy trying to regulate SALT to be distracted by the BORDER.

chloe
04-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Seig Heil, Y'all.

"Illegal" immigrant, not immigrants who went through the proper channels, what we should let them break the law, so then should robbers also get a pass ? Illegal immigrants should be sent back to there country .

Trigg
04-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Well, it isn't suspending the constitution in order to do it. Remember unreasonable search and seizure? What this will end up boiling down to is police having an excuse to give people crap for speaking Spanish, which even legal citizens do at times, just as Chinese immigrants tend to speak Chinese at times. I have a Korean Tae Kwon Do instructor, Master Lee, and by this law he can be stopped once a day just to ask for his ID, because his English isn't all that good. No matter that he's been a legal citizen for longer than I've been alive..

What they can and should do is simply ask for ID for EVERYONE they stop for any reason. I don't know about you, but I carry my drivers license around with me where ever I go.

I'll put up with showing my ID if it gets rid of illegals.

It makes me sick when people start on with the "we're a country of immigrants". These people aren't immigrants they're ILLEGAL INVADERS period.

Binky
04-25-2010, 09:05 AM
`

As an American, how many countries are we allowed to just crawl into not giving thought as to entering them legally? And would we be given the free pass that the Mexicans have?

Would Mexico let anyone sneak in illegally and stay within its borders without the proper papers? Or would it give them a free pass to health care, food, housing etc? HA............I bet they'd grab and toss us in the jail and then send us packing.......

Why should illegals get a free ride here? What makes them better than anyone else? Why is our gov't scared to death to do its job and take control of the matter?

My guess is that it all comes down to the idea that they are "potential voters."

Anyway, I suspect, over time, we will see other states making their own immigration laws....

As far as I'm concerned, if a person doesn't have anything to hide and is here legally, he/or she shouldn't mind being stopped....Have the proper papers and a clean record and you're good to go......This should be a non issue.....My ID goes where I go. It's a no brainer..... Americans carry legitimate ID..... If they are stopped without any ID, then that's a clue that nine times out of ten, there's a darn good reason why they don't have any......

If the gov't isn't going to do its job, then maybe it's time for the states to do it for them....

Monkeybone
04-26-2010, 06:33 AM
this will more than likely just spur Immigration Reform on faster than normal. But, at least it should still work after "Reform" since it is not like Reform will fix out problems other than adding even more people officially onto a strecthed thin system

bullypulpit
04-26-2010, 06:50 AM
"Illegal" immigrant, not immigrants who went through the proper channels, what we should let them break the law, so then should robbers also get a pass ? Illegal immigrants should be sent back to there country .

Sorry, but those who are here legally can face up to six months in jail if they fail to produce their "papers" on demand for any police officer who should ask for them. The law will fall on constitutional grounds the first time it goes before the courts.

As for getting a pass, those who employ illegals are the ones getting a free ride. Enforce the laws against the hiring of illegal immigrants, don't pass bad law based in fear to try and address the issue...as it misses the mark entirely. Never mind that it would cost employers more to hire legal immigrants and US citizens to do the same work and be subject to job safety regulations and wage and hour laws. But fear has, for some time now, been a tool of right wing politics in this country. Fear of the different...fear of the outsiders...fear of anything which fails to comport with their narrow, dogmatic, black-and-white view of the world.

Gaffer
04-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Sorry, but those who are here legally can face up to six months in jail if they fail to produce their "papers" on demand for any police officer who should ask for them. The law will fall on constitutional grounds the first time it goes before the courts.

As for getting a pass, those who employ illegals are the ones getting a free ride. Enforce the laws against the hiring of illegal immigrants, don't pass bad law based in fear to try and address the issue...as it misses the mark entirely. Never mind that it would cost employers more to hire legal immigrants and US citizens to do the same work and be subject to job safety regulations and wage and hour laws. But fear has, for some time now, been a tool of right wing politics in this country. Fear of the different...fear of the outsiders...fear of anything which fails to comport with their narrow, dogmatic, black-and-white view of the world.

The bold describes you exactly.

Cracking down on employers is the way to go. Don't pass bad law based on adding 30 million new voters to the roles.

bullypulpit
04-26-2010, 11:10 AM
The bold describes you exactly.

Cracking down on employers is the way to go. Don't pass bad law based on adding 30 million new voters to the roles.

Project much?

Trigg
04-26-2010, 11:27 AM

You do realize that the way the gov. wants to deal with this is amnesty for all those illegals? Once they become legal than your (bolded) statement comes true. What should the businesses do then, run out and look for more illegals to endanger and take advantage of?

These laws have nothing to do with "fear of outsiders". It has everything to do ith people coming to this country legally and if they don't, they get arrested and deported. Honestly if this were about Canadians sneaking in and there was no "race card" to play there would be no argument. We would simply deport them.

BoogyMan
04-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Seig Heil, Y'all.

It would appear that the DNC talking points have found their way to your inbox already. :lame2:

Gaffer
04-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Project much?

yes

krisy
04-26-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't understand the arguments of a couple of people in this thread. How could this law fall on constitutional grounds when these people aren't even U.S. citizens to begin with? Seems similar to giving terrorists the same due process as U.S. citizens.

bullypulpit
04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't understand the arguments of a couple of people in this thread. How could this law fall on constitutional grounds when these people aren't even U.S. citizens to begin with? Seems similar to giving terrorists the same due process as U.S. citizens.

Because the rights of innocent US CITIZENS will be violated by its enforcement.

Nukeman
04-26-2010, 06:43 PM

You got proof of that or is this SPECULATION??????????????

All thay have to do is show a DL or state ID. EVERYONE needs one of those to have a job or cash a govt check..... If your legal.......

SassyLady
04-26-2010, 06:51 PM

How so? How many "innocent" people will be inconvenienced vs how many "illegals" will be caught and deported?

I would rather have our law enforcement have more tools to capture criminals than less tools.

krisy
04-26-2010, 08:48 PM

All thay have to do is show a DL or state ID. EVERYONE needs one of those to have a job or cash a govt check..... If your legal.......

Exactly. If your pulled over for speeding or whatever you have to show i.d. I don't see any violation of rights.

Mr. P
04-26-2010, 09:16 PM
I've just read all 17 pages of the bill..sb 1070 and it does nothing more than force the fed to enforce the fed laws currently in force for the most part.

It's a great bill and should be adopted by ALL states! :salute:

Bully, you need to stop listening to Huffy and her "fellow travelers".

SassyLady
04-26-2010, 10:04 PM
I've just read all 17 pages of the bill..sb 1070 and it does nothing more than force the fed to enforce the fed laws currently in force for the most part.

Guess it won't happen in California. What a bunch of idiots. I think everyone should boycott San Francisco....if they aren't already!!!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/26/BARD1D55P7.DTL

San Francisco calling for a boycott of Arizona
John Wildermuth, Chronicle Staff Writer

Monday, April 26, 2010

San Francisco -- San Francisco's supervisors are calling for a sweeping boycott of Arizona in the wake of that state's harsh new rules aimed at illegal immigrants.

A resolution that will go before the board Tuesday will call for San Francisco to end any and all contracts with Arizona-based companies and to stop doing business with the state.

"We want to send a message," Supervisor David Campos told a rally on the steps of City Hall this morning. "There are consequences when you target a whole people."

Last Friday, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed a law making it a crime for an immigrant to be in the state without proof of legal residency and requiring police to seek out and detain anyone suspected of being in the country illegally.

The law, which will take effect this summer, is certain to face legal challenges. President Obama has called the bill "misguided" and ordered the Justice Department to determine whether it violates civil rights.

There's no way to tell yet how a boycott of Arizona would affect San Francisco.

"We're trying to figure that out now," Campos said. "We do know that we won't be sending any city employees to conferences in Arizona."

City Attorney Dennis Herrera also called for a wide-ranging boycott of Arizona and pledged to have attorneys in his office work with the city to identify contracts with Arizona companies and help break those contracts where possible.

The boycott resolution won't be the only immigration-based measure on the board's agenda Tuesday. The supervisors also are expected to pass a resolution condemning audits by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement designed to force local employers to fire undocumented workers.

The resolution calls for Congress to place a moratorium on "piecemeal" immigration enforcement efforts and encourages Congress and the president to pass a comprehensive immigration reform bill "that prioritizes keeping families together, upholding civil and human rights and promoting economic justice."

E-mail John Wildermuth at jwildermuth@sfchronicle.com

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/26/BARD1D55P7.DTL#ixzz0mGY57ZBF

Mr. P
04-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Guess it won't happen in California. What a bunch of idiots. I think everyone should boycott San Francisco....if they aren't already!!!

California loves illegals just not ALL the illegals that will flee Arizona this summer. There must be some sort of discrimination in this on the part of California. :laugh2:

The boycott resolution won't be the only immigration-based measure on the board's agenda Tuesday. The supervisors also are expected to pass a resolution condemning audits by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement designed to force local employers to fire undocumented workers.

SassyLady
04-27-2010, 01:45 AM
I hope Meg Whitman gets elected Governor of CA .... one of her top priorities is to elminate sanctuary cities like San Francisco.

She is against bi-lingual education ... totally believes in English immersion for immigrants.

Suing the federal government for the prison costs to house the illegals.

Read more here:

http://www.megwhitman.com/platform_topic.php?type=immigration&page=1

bullypulpit
04-27-2010, 04:21 AM

Ever hear of racial profiling? Same thing. Doesn't matter if they've got ID or not.

"The innocent have nothing to fear..." That's what they said in the Soviet Union even when neighbors were turning each other in to the KGB to settle grudges.

Your ignorance is truly appalling. It's even sadder in that it is willful.

bullypulpit
04-27-2010, 04:27 AM
How so? How many "innocent" people will be inconvenienced vs how many "illegals" will be caught and deported?

I would rather have our law enforcement have more tools to capture criminals than less tools.

"You need to break some eggs to make an omelette..."? I think Stalin said the same of having his political opponents rounded up and sent to a gulag.

They have the tools. The political will to enforce laws against hiring illegals, however, is absent.

red states rule
04-27-2010, 04:35 AM
and lets see how liberals protest compared to Tea Party members

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdSU6U6Uuz" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdSU6U6Uuz" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

red states rule
04-27-2010, 04:37 AM
Ever hear of racial profiling? Same thing. Doesn't matter if they've got ID or not.

"The innocent have nothing to fear..." That's what they said in the Soviet Union even when neighbors were turning each other in to the KGB to settle grudges.

I call it criminal profiling. People are being MURDERED by illegals BP, and Dems (alonf with some RINO's) want to reward them by giving them amnesty

bullypulpit
04-27-2010, 04:46 AM

Traffic stops aren't the issue. The "reasonable suspicion" clause is. It is so vague as to leave the decision to ask for an individual's ID to the discretion of the officer.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMzUqPFzyk0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMzUqPFzyk0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RwF75mgDus&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RwF75mgDus&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

red states rule
04-27-2010, 04:48 AM

The please tell us why Dems pulled E-Verify from the "stimulus" bill where emplyers could more easily verify the status of the person applying for work.

Why not seal our border and deport the people here who already broke our laws?

red states rule
04-27-2010, 04:49 AM
Traffic stops aren't the issue. The "reasonable suspicion" clause is. It is so vague as to leave the decision to ask for an individual's ID to the discretion of the officer.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMzUqPFzyk0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMzUqPFzyk0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Once again Dems are going against the majority of Americans. People are fed up with all the hope and change stuff

Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer last week signed a new law into effect that authorizes local police to stop and verify the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant. A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey finds that 60% of voters nationwide favor such a law, while 31% are opposed.

Seventy-seven percent (77%) of Republicans support the law along with 62% of voters not affiliated with either major party. Democratic voters are evenly divided on the measure.

At the same time, however, 58% of all voters are at least somewhat concerned that “efforts to identify and deport illegal immigrants will also end up violating the civil rights of some U.S. citizens.” That figure includes 29% who are Very Concerned about possible civil rights violations.

Voter support for empowering local police comes at a time when most voters (56%) believe it is unlikely Congress will take action to gain control of the border. Only 31% say Congress is even somewhat likely to take such an action. That figure includes just 10% who believe Congress is Very Likely to act.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/immigration/nationally_60_favor_letting_local_police_stop_and_ verify_immigration_status

bullypulpit
04-27-2010, 05:00 AM
I call it criminal profiling. People are being MURDERED by illegals BP, and Dems (alonf with some RINO's) want to reward them by giving them amnesty

No, Red...There is no way this law can be enforced WITHOUT racial profiling. It assumes that anyone who looks "Hispanic" is a criminal, and this assumption of guilt flies squarely in the face of US jurisprudence and the Constitution.

red states rule
04-27-2010, 05:06 AM
No, Red...There is no way this law can be enforced WITHOUT racial profiling. It assumes that anyone who looks "Hispanic" is a criminal, and this assumption of guilt flies squarely in the face of US jurisprudence and the Constitution.

What other type of criminal is crossing the border? If a white guy robs a bank, are the Police going to look for black guys as they patrol the area?

Bottom line is BP, people are fed up with the lack of border security as law abiding citizens are murdered by illegals - and Dems show their lack of interest in what the voters are telling them

BTW, 70% of Arizona resideint are for the law. How many Democrats are you going to tag as racist for supporting the law? Or perhaps you should move to Arizona and deal with illegals face to face, and see what they are doing to the state - instead of staying in your Ivory Tower and passing judement on those who are doing something

Trigg
04-27-2010, 11:27 AM

The loonie libs will be looking for this, so I would say that the police are going to bend over backwards to avoid any racial profilling.

The police aren't going to be stopping people on the street for no reason. They're going to ask for ID when people are stopped, if a person can't produce the ID they get arrested and deported.

sounds good to me :dance:

Insein
04-27-2010, 12:09 PM

I will continue my 28 year boycott of SF.

Insein
04-27-2010, 12:13 PM

That is your assumption. This law merely enforces the existing federal laws of immigration and citizenship. There will not be witch hunts and check points as so many on the left are quick to scare people with. They will do a background check on people that do get arrested and when they are found to not be citizens, they will be deported. They will not be arrested for being hispanic. They will still be arrested for committing a crime. The only caveat is that they will now not receive a trial at taxpayer expense. They will be extradicted to their country of origin.

Binky
04-27-2010, 05:01 PM
I will continue my 28 year boycott of SF.

:laugh2::laugh2: I've never been there and don't ever plan on visiting it.....Too much gayism and lesboism for me..... I get enough of that stuff on the tube and in the movies....I don't need to go visit it up close and personal.......

Actually, considering how expensive it is to live in CA, I don't know how those not making the millions in the movie industry etc can even afford it.....

chesswarsnow
04-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I think it *ABOUT TIME!!!!!!* some one is getting tough on all these illegals!
2. This country is being run over by them bastards!
3. Don't get me started, I can rant for days on this!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
04-27-2010, 05:24 PM
The loonie libs will be looking for this, so I would say that the police are going to bend over backwards to avoid any racial profilling.

The police aren't going to be stopping people on the street for no reason. They're going to ask for ID when people are stopped, if a person can't produce the ID they get arrested and deported.

sounds good to me :dance:

If libs like BP would actually READ the law they will find they are hyperventilating over nothing. There has to be ANOTHER reason to stop the person, not because they "look" Hispanic

red states rule
04-27-2010, 05:30 PM
and the loyal Obama supporters in the liberal media are working overtime to slime the people in AZ would overwhelmingly support the new law to protect their live, property, and enforce existing Federal law

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdSU6UZu8z" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdSU6UZu8z" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

Mr. P
04-27-2010, 06:20 PM

You left out the the qualifier ..it's important.

B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY
21 OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS
22 STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS
23 UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES,

red states rule
04-27-2010, 06:37 PM
You left out the the qualifier ..it's important.

Check points for drunk drivers is "reasonable.", and they check the driver even if the driver shows no actual signs of drinking.

It is comical to watch the libs flip out over this

red states rule
04-28-2010, 03:45 AM
Judge for yourself on the liberal media's biased coverage

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HvqRWqClSc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HvqRWqClSc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>