PDA

View Full Version : Police: Detroit strip club employed 14-year-old

LiberalNation
04-24-2010, 05:28 PM
:ponder:

she must have been a well developed 14yo.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100424/ap_on_re_us/us_strip_club_child_dancer

DETROIT – The manager of a Detroit strip club was charged after authorities learned a 14-year-old girl was employed as a topless dancer, making several hundred dollars a night, authorities said Friday.

The 31-year-old manager of the All Star topless bar was arraigned Friday on a charge of child sexually abusive activity.

Andrew Hutson was arrested Wednesday night at the club on Eight Mile Road. The girl, whose name was not released because of her age, is believed to have danced at the club several nights each week, making about $350 per night, Police Chief Warren Evans said at a news conference across the street from the establishment.

"It is clear that she danced there for a significant amount of time. It's clear, at least to us, that the club knew or should have known that she shouldn't be there," Evans said.

The girl's mother pulled her daughter from the club one night last week after learning she was working there. Employees of the club brought the girl out to a lobby area near the door, said her mother, whose name was withheld to protect her daughter's identity.

"Our youth are not some cheap commodity, to be used and cast aside," Prosecutor Kym Worthy said in a release. "We are sending a clear message that if you hire underage women you will face criminal charges."

An elaborate sign on an outside wall of the club bills it as "The 'ALL STARS' of GENTLEMEN CLUBS." But Evans described it as a constant thorn in the sides of police.

Over the past six years, there have been 11 nonfatal shootings and three fatal shootings "related to this club," Evans said. Violations also have been found in each of the last 15 Vice Squad inspections.

The Associated Press left a message Friday seeking comment from the club's owner. Hutson was released on a personal bond Friday. The AP could not determine if he has an attorney

darin
04-24-2010, 06:18 PM
I think the manager is the scape goat. The Mom is culpable, as are the authorities.

cat slave
04-25-2010, 10:43 AM
That was my first response......"where were the parents"....both of them, not
just the mom, both!

Insein
04-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Mom convientantly came in when she realized her 14 year old daughter was "working" for several months some where. Good parenting mom. Way to know where your kid is. Or my more cynical side suggests that the mom allowed her to work there because of the money she was making. She only backed out when the police caught a whiff of what was going on.

04-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Mom convientantly came in when she realized her 14 year old daughter was "working" for several months some where. Good parenting mom. Way to know where your kid is. Or my more cynical side suggests that the mom allowed her to work there because of the money she was making. She only backed out when the police caught a whiff of what was going on.

I have a feeling you may be right.

But what parent lets a 14 year old out that late at night? And what parent isnt shocked when they come back with hundreds of dollars?

LiberalNation
04-25-2010, 08:05 PM
least she wasn't walking the streets.

HogTrash
04-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Mom convientantly came in when she realized her 14 year old daughter was "working" for several months some where. Good parenting mom. Way to know where your kid is. Or my more cynical side suggests that the mom allowed her to work there because of the money she was making. She only backed out when the police caught a whiff of what was going on.Maybe momma got angry when her daughter refused to continue supporting her drug habit.

HogTrash
04-25-2010, 08:20 PM
That was my first response......"where were the parents"....both of them, not
just the mom, both!There ain't too many daddies in Detroit.