PDA

View Full Version : 50% of black women are infected with the Herpes Virus.

HogTrash
04-27-2010, 04:25 AM
Consider this another cautionary messege to you ladies who might be considering taking up the sport of mud wrestling.

"This study serves as a stark reminder that herpes remains a common and serious health threat in the United States. Everyone should be aware of the symptoms, risk factors, and steps that can be taken to prevent the spread of this lifelong and incurable infection," said Kevin Fenton, M.D., director of CDC's National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention. "We are particularly concerned about persistent high rates of herpes among African-Americans, which is likely contributing to disproportionate rates of HIV in the black community."

http://www.empowernewsmag.com/listings.php?article=1218

crin63
04-27-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm sure this is George W. Bush's fault also.

Maybe it's Wall Street's fault.

Abbey Marie
04-27-2010, 01:33 PM
It's probably in line with large percentage of black women who are single moms. The failure to settle into a monogamous sexual relationship has lots of ill-effects, whatever your race.

Mr. P
04-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Hey! More black women, huh?

This is in line for the next Bambam bail out!
The venereal disease bailout! What a country!!!!

pete311
04-27-2010, 09:15 PM
It has already been revealed that the CDC has made this claim (48% of black women) based on a group of ~1,000 black women. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes2007-2008/sampling_0708.htm

HogTrash
04-27-2010, 09:39 PM
It has already been revealed that the CDC has made this claim (48% of black women) based on a group of ~1,000 black women. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes2007-2008/sampling_0708.htmMy primary point is that 50% of black women have herpes.....What's your point? :confused:

pete311
04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
My primary point is that 50% of black women have herpes.....What's your point? :confused:

No, the point you made is that 48% of those ~1000 black women tested have herpes.

HogTrash
04-27-2010, 09:56 PM
No, the point you made is that 48% of those ~1000 black women tested have herpes.I agree...I neglected to include the word "nearly".

My apologies to the 2% of black women who are not infected with herpes.

Nearly 50 Percent of Black Women Have Herpes
http://www.empowernewsmag.com/listings.php?article=1218

pete311
04-27-2010, 10:29 PM
I agree...I neglected to include the word "nearly".

My apologies to the 2% of black women who are not infected with herpes.

Hog, why are you ignoring the very small sample size and continuing to push a misleading title?

82Marine89
04-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Hog, why are you ignoring the very small sample size and continuing to push a misleading title?

That's it Pete, you politically correct, brainwashed, gay loving enabler. Now you've done it. For the rest of your time on this board the big, bad, biker clown is going to torment you with smiley faces and bad one-liners. Hell hath no fury like a biker bitch scorned.

Mr. P
04-27-2010, 11:06 PM
That's it Pete, you politically correct, brainwashed, gay loving enabler. Now you've done it. For the rest of your time on this board the big, bad, biker clown is going to torment you with smiley faces and bad one-liners. Hell hath no fury like a biker bitch scorned.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: :beer:

HogTrash
04-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Hog, why are you ignoring the very small sample size and continuing to push a misleading title?Hello!...Are you still in there Pete?

Since it is impossible to test everybody, statistics are concluded with sample groups from the subjects of the study.

All research and surveys are done in this way...Of course it is not 100% reliable.

That's why there is usually a disclaimer saying something like the results are accurate to within 4% +/- of the findings.

Having a discussion with a liberal is like trying to explain something to a two year old...Success is dubious. :slap:

pete311
04-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Having a discussion with a liberal is like trying to explain something to a two year old...Success is dubious. :slap:

Guess that means my IQ would be around 15... Your ad hominem attacks show your weakness my friend.

Hog, you and your link are being maliciously deceptive. I understand how research is done, that is not my problem. My problem is that your title does not represent the study and your link has no mention to it's sample size or error rate.

HogTrash
04-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by HogTrash
Guess that means my IQ would be around 15... Your ad hominem attacks show your weakness my friend.

Hog, you and your link are being maliciously deceptive. I understand how research is done, that is not my problem. My problem is that your title does not represent the study and your link has no mention to it's sample size or error rate.It was nothing personal...I was simply expressing my frustration with trying to communicate with liberals in general.

Liberals are ruled by their emotions and everything must be repeatedly explained in detail to them and half the time they still don't get it.

I have often said that the only thing liberals are good for is a source of protein during times of famine, but they taste like shit.