PDA

View Full Version : How Mexico Treats Illegal Aliens

red states rule
04-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Michelle Malkin hits it out the park again. I do not hear any libs bashing Mexico over their policies

snip

Mexican President Felipe Calderon has accused Arizona of opening the door "to intolerance, hate, discrimination and abuse in law enforcement." But Arizona has nothing on Mexico when it comes to cracking down on illegal aliens. While open-borders activists decry new enforcement measures signed into law in "Nazi-zona" last week, they remain deaf, dumb or willfully blind to the unapologetically restrictionist policies of our neighbors to the south.

snip

-- The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset "the equilibrium of the national demographics." How's that for racial and ethnic profiling?

-- If outsiders do not enhance the country's "economic or national interests" or are "not found to be physically or mentally healthy," they are not welcome. Neither are those who show "contempt against national sovereignty or security." They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

-- Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years' imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years' imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama's illegal alien aunt -- a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

-- Law enforcement officials at all levels -- by national mandate -- must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens' arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

-- Ready to show your papers? Mexico's National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens' identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

http://townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2010/04/28/how_mexico_treats_illegal_aliens?page=full&comments=true

HogTrash
04-28-2010, 08:54 AM
I like it...The United States should adopt Mexico's immigration policies.

But of course Mexico doesn't have the issues of polical correctness to deal with.

It must be wonderful to be able to deal with problems using good old fashion common sense.

chesswarsnow
04-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Sorry bout that,

I like it...The United States should adopt Mexico's immigration policies.

But of course Mexico doesn't have the issues of polical correctness to deal with.

It must be wonderful to be able to deal with problems using good old fashion common sense.

1. All the while the mexican govebment sends it poor here to suck off USA.
2. Screw them bastards!
3. I won't hire them bastards!
4. While we have to prove wealth to stay in their thrird world country, they come here with a bottle of water, shagging it across the dessert.
5. Thats just crazy!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

HogTrash
04-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. All the while the mexican govebment sends it poor here to suck off USA.
2. Screw them bastards!
3. I won't hire them bastards!
4. While we have to prove wealth to stay in their thrird world country, they come here with a bottle of water, shagging it across the dessert.
5. Thats just crazy!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexasYou got that right bro, and if we allow our government to grant amnesty to these criminal invaders, America is doomed.

SpidermanTUba
04-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Michelle Malkin hits it out the park again. I do not hear any libs bashing Mexico over their policies

I guess Michelle never talked to any American expatriots living in Mexico. Due to the ridiculous levels of red tape, they often wind up having to spend a while residing illegally before they can get their legal papers. My mom was their illegally for months. She never had trouble with it.

If Michelle likes Mexico so much, she should just move there. Its in fact a righty's paradise. You can discriminate in hiring - you don't like natives you don't have to hire them. You don't like women - you don't have to hire them. The uninsured are required to pay cash for their medical services, or they just die. And people generally can get away with polluting all they want. There may be Mexican laws that say otherwise with regards to the above - but the Mexican government is so dysfunctional it may as well not exist.

HogTrash
04-28-2010, 10:50 AM
I guess Michelle never talked to any American expatriots living in Mexico. Due to the ridiculous levels of red tape, they often wind up having to spend a while residing illegally before they can get their legal papers. My mom was their illegally for months. She never had trouble with it.

If Michelle likes Mexico so much, she should just move there. Its in fact a righty's paradise. You can discriminate in hiring - you don't like natives you don't have to hire them. You don't like women - you don't have to hire them. The uninsured are required to pay cash for their medical services, or they just die. And people generally can get away with polluting all they want. There may be Mexican laws that say otherwise with regards to the above - but the Mexican government is so dysfunctional it may as well not exist.I doubt very seriously that Mexico has an illegal immigration problem on their northern border...Unlike the US, they do patrol their southern border vehemently.

It would be rather foolish for them to go to the expense of securing a border that brings more wealth into their nation rather than crime and a drain on their economy.

SpidermanTUba
04-28-2010, 11:01 AM
I doubt very seriously that Mexico has an illegal immigration problem on their northern border...Unlike the US, they do patrol their southern border vehemently.

True that. And the Americans that come over and reside illegally - most of them (not all) usually have lots of money, why would you want to send someone home who came to spend their retirement savings in your country?

Anyone thinking of retiring in Mexico - just don't do it. My mother tried this and is now about to GTF out. Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful country. Her backyard is probably the most well planted garden I've ever seen in my life, there are hundreds of angel trumpet blossoms and dozens of hummingbirds that live there and its a really great place if you like gardening (that's Patzcuaro). But outside of her home, life just kinda sucks. The people there are generally very friendly, but sadly, also ignorant (there are exceptions of course). The incidence of sickness due to improperly handled food in astounding - and the myth that Mexican stomachs can somehow handle all the bugs is mostly false - they are just used to living with constant stomach illness. The food is so very good but my mother had to stop eating out because of this. The infrasturcture is for the most point shitty - untreated sewerage gets pumped directly into lakes and streams - agricultural burns are entirely unregulated (de facto, even if there is a law, it isn't enforced) - mom's house was illegally wired to the electric grid by the builder for months - the list of insanities over there is astounding. The place she lives was safe when she first moved there years ago, now it is not. One of her neighbors, in a nice neighborhood with about 50% gringo 50% mexican residents, turned out to be cartel and was murdered on his ranch (outside of the neighborhood) along with about a dozen of his other gang members and the elderly couple who looked after the ranch. In fear of her life, his wife fled the country leaving the house vacant. A few months later the federales come in full swat gear to confiscate the house, harassing and scaring this shit out of everyone in the neighborhood.

So yeah, don't move there. If you wanna retire somewhere cheap - try Louisiana!

gabosaurus
04-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Some countries execute them. So what difference does that make?

CynicismandMisanthropy
04-28-2010, 04:47 PM
So free market conservatives are against the globalization of labor? I love it.