PDA

View Full Version : DRT or Dead Right There

Mr. P
04-28-2010, 09:24 AM
It's a shame the perp was only 18 but he'll never be a threat to society again which is a good thing. :thumb:

Harry J. McCullough III shot a would-be-robber, 18-year-old Marquail Thomas, to death.

Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine said Tuesday afternoon that McCullough's use of deadly force was “appropriate and justified” and that he would not be charged in the slaying.

Full story......http://omaha.com/article/20100428/NEWS97/704289878#attorney-deadly-force-justified

SpidermanTUba
04-28-2010, 09:35 AM
McCullough was convicted of carrying a concealed weapon in 1997. Davis said that case involved a knife. He was convicted of driving under the influence in Washington County in 2006.

Why the fuck are they telling us the criminal history of the HERO ?

Does that not strike you as odd? WTF? This guy saves the day, is cleared by police in an incident in which no sane person could argue he didn't have the right to use deadly force - and they have to plaster HIS criminal history all over the pages?

I guess maybe I can see how bringing up his concealed weapons charge might be relevant - but his DUI? Come on. That's just fucked up.

Life just aint fair man, it aint fair.

Mr. P
04-28-2010, 09:49 AM

Does that not strike you as odd? WTF? This guy saves the day, is cleared by police in an incident in which no sane person could argue he didn't have the right to use deadly force - and they have to plaster HIS criminal history all over the pages?

I guess maybe I can see how bringing up his concealed weapons charge might be relevant - but his DUI? Come on. That's just fucked up.

Yea, I thought tossing in his work history was uncalled for too.

SpidermanTUba
04-28-2010, 10:00 AM
No lie. This dude did something that was ugly but it had to be done - just let him be a hero for a day and then leave him alone.

The article also seems to imply he may have put the woman at the ATM's life at risk - shooting the criminal while he had the shotgun to her back (though of course it was the douche with the shotgun who put her life at risk in the first place). I would think that he would have only done this if he thought the criminal would not be able to react in time - perhaps the criminal could not see him pull his weapon from where he was at.

For future reference if a guy is pointing a shotgun at my back, please only save my life if you know you can get your shot off before the idiot with the shotgun pulls the trigger.

04-28-2010, 10:58 PM
What a waste.

Gaffer
04-29-2010, 08:20 AM

It's your progressive media doing the reporting. Maybe he has conservative leanings. Which is probably the case since he was carrying. It's all fuel for the gun control people.