PDA

View Full Version : What do you mean, what should "WE" (!) do with US-born kids of illegals???

Little-Acorn
04-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Liberals are coming up with weirder and weirder statements as they face the American people's opposition to the amnesty they want to grant to illegal aliens who have broken our immigration laws.

The latest one comes from situations where a husband and wife from another country, enter the U.S. illegally, and then have one or more babies while they are here. They then get caught by ICE and slated for deportation. The kids they had here, are American citizens as our laws are currently interpreted, and of course the government cannot deport such kids.

Then comes the weirdness: Liberals are demanding, what do "WE" do with those kids?

As mentioned, of course, the government has no power to do anything with those kids... nor should they have. The parents are the ones who will decide what will happen with their own kids, of course, not the government. How could it be otherwise?

Obviously, the choices are (a) the parents take their kids with them when they return to their original country, or (b) the parents leave the kids here, in the country of the kids' citizenship, hopefully with trusted friends, family etc. It's a terrible choice to have to make.

But where do our esteemed brethern of the southpaw persuasion, get the idea that it is "WE" (that's liberal-speak for "the government") who should decide what happens with the kids???

I know that leftists often take the attitude that is Government doesn't do something, nobody will do it. That's weird enough, but at least we're used to it. But this one breaks new ground.

Those parents who entered the country illegally, knew the law called for their deportation, and that it would happen as soon as they were caught. Then, incredibly, they brought children into that world, deliberately and knowingly subjecting those kids to being deprived of either their parents, or the land of their birth and citizenship.

What on Earth possessed those parents, to subject their own children to such a cruel choice? Are these people INHUMAN? How can they do that to their kids?

Now they are stuck with that choice - one they saw coming a long time ago. What are their plans? What did they intend to do with their kids, if/when the law caught up to them as they always knew it might?

The question is not, "What are we going to do with their kids?".

The question is, "What are THEY going to do about THEIR OWN kids?".

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Liberals are coming up with weirder and weirder statements as they face the American people's opposition to the amnesty they want to grant to illegal aliens who have broken our immigration laws.

The latest one comes from situations where a husband and wife from another country, enter the U.S. illegally, and then have one or more babies while they are here. They then get caught by ICE and slated for deportation. The kids they had here, are American citizens as our laws are currently interpreted, and of course the government cannot deport such kids.

Then comes the weirdness: Liberals are demanding, what do "WE" do with those kids?

As mentioned, of course, the government has no power to do anything with those kids... nor should they have. The parents are the ones who will decide what will happen with their own kids, of course, not the government. How could it be otherwise?

Obviously, the choices are (a) the parents take their kids with them when they return to their original country, or (b) the parents leave the kids here, in the country of the kids' citizenship, hopefully with trusted friends, family etc. It's a terrible choice to have to make.

But where do our esteemed brethern of the southpaw persuasion, get the idea that it is "WE" (that's liberal-speak for "the government") who should decide what happens with the kids???

I know that leftists often take the attitude that is Government doesn't do something, nobody will do it. That's weird enough, but at least we're used to it. But this one breaks new ground.

Those parents who entered the country illegally, knew the law called for their deportation, and that it would happen as soon as they were caught. Then, incredibly, they brought children into that world, deliberately and knowingly subjecting those kids to being deprived of either their parents, or the land of their birth and citizenship.

What on Earth possessed those parents, to subject their own children to such a cruel choice? Are these people INHUMAN? How can they do that to their kids?

Now they are stuck with that choice - one they saw coming a long time ago. What are their plans? What did they intend to do with their kids, if/when the law caught up to them as they always knew it might?

Dude who the fuck are you talking to?

SassyLady
04-29-2010, 12:54 AM

Because if they were held accountable that would mean taking PERSONAL responsibility for one's actions. Don't you know that "personal responsibility" isn't one of the tenents of progressives? They are for collectivism .... where no one is an individual and responsible for their own actions. In fact, if someone does do something irresponsible then it must be society's fault for not putting enough regulations on them, or giving them enough opportunities .... yada yada yada.

My mother made some bad choices when I was a kid and we had to depend on welfare and the church to help us out. I didn't like depending on charity so I worked my butt off to make sure that my kids (first by making the choice to only have as many kids as I could support myself) had what they needed without depending on charity. Not having things handed to you is a great motivator. When I was a kid it was disgraceful to be on welfare ... today it's not.

If the parents are here illegally and are deported then they take their kids with them to their home country and the kids get to experience a different culture from a first hand experience. Kinda like missionaries ... or the peace corps. Or, the parents put them up for adoption, or they are put in foster care ........ there are many options other than just saying "ooops, the illegals have children so they get to stay here illegally".

When my kids and grandchildren are at risk and inheriting the kind of national debt we are creating to take care of the illegals then I'm OK with deporting illegals and their children. Sorry, but my compassion has it's limits.

SassyLady
04-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Dude who the fuck are you talking to?

See, this is what I mean by talking down to people. Acorn was talking to me for one and instead of you commenting on the topic you are being rude.

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 09:39 AM
See, this is what I mean by talking down to people. Acorn was talking to me for one and instead of you commenting on the topic you are being rude.

Well how the hell was I supposed to know that? Acorn didn't mention she was addressing you, she merely went off on some rant about something someone said - without naming who said it.

Ever heard of PM's Acorn?

Nukeman
04-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Well how the hell was I supposed to know that? Acorn didn't mention she was addressing you, she merely went off on some rant about something someone said - without naming who said it.

Ever heard of PM's Acorn?Ever heard that if you don't want to talk about the topic stay the fuck out of it!!!!!!!!!

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Ever heard that if you don't want to talk about the topic stay the fuck out of it!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. I'm just trying to figure out what the topic IS. The OP is attacking something someone SAID without saying WHO that person is.

Little-Acorn
04-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Ever heard that if you don't want to talk about the topic stay the fuck out of it!!!!!!!!!

Please don't feed the trolls.

Back to the subject:
Some illegal-alien advocates seem to be using the fact that the children of illegal aliens face difficult times, as an excuse NOT to arrest or deport the lawbreaking illegals in the first place.

It almost reminds me of terrorists who hide among innocent civilians while they shoot at troops. They try to create a situation where the troops will accidentally hit the civilians, and use that as an excuse for preventing the troops from firing back at all.

Again, what were these parents' plans for their children, in the event the parents got caught and deported for illegally entering the country? What did they intend would happen to their children?

sybarite
04-29-2010, 10:58 AM
I think it's time to get rid of the anchor baby law. If your parents are illegal, so are you. As far as the anchor children that are here now, the parents should take them with them, or give them to someone who will care for them. As much as I disagree, they are still legal citizens so they have the right to remain here if the parent can find proper care for them.

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 11:32 AM

Back to the subject:
Some illegal-alien advocates seem to be using the fact that the children of illegal aliens face difficult times, as an excuse NOT to arrest or deport the lawbreaking illegals in the first place.

It almost reminds me of terrorists who hide among innocent civilians while they shoot at troops. They try to create a situation where the troops will accidentally hit the civilians, and use that as an excuse for preventing the troops from firing back at all.

Again, what were these parents' plans for their children, in the event the parents got caught and deported for illegally entering the country? What did they intend would happen to their children?

Little Acorn, please tell me the name of the person who said "what should WE do with US-born kids of illegals?"

Thank you.

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 11:34 AM
I think it's time to get rid of the anchor baby law. If your parents are illegal, so are you.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Why the fuck do you want to not enforce the Constitution? Do you hate America? Do you hate freedom?

Nukeman
04-29-2010, 11:39 AM
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Why the fuck do you want to not enforce the Constitution? Do you hate America? Do you hate freedom?
No where does it state they have to RESIDE in the US after they are born. Why can't they live with thier parents in the country they live in UNTIL thier 18th birthday at which time they are a legal adult, or at any time come back to the US and live with friends or family.

NO ONE has said they aren't citizens but the question is who should take care of them???? THEIR PARENTS!!!!!!!!! If that hapens to be in a foriegn country so be it, it happens EVERY DAY for our service members!!!!!!!!

Little-Acorn
04-29-2010, 11:46 AM

If the parents are here illegally and are deported then they take their kids with them to their home country and the kids get to experience a different culture from a first hand experience. Kinda like missionaries ... or the peace corps. Or, the parents put them up for adoption, or they are put in foster care ........ there are many options other than just saying "ooops, the illegals have children so they get to stay here illegally".
Yes, there are many choices... and it is their parents' choice. Not "ours".

The parents put their kids into a very difficult position. What are their plans for them, now that the difficulty has arrived... as the parents knew from the first it might?

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 11:49 AM
No one has said they aren't citizens but the question is who should take care of them????

Actually sybarite did, "If your parents are illegal, so are you," and that's who I was talking to.

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Little Acorn, please tell me the name of the person who said "what should WE do with US-born kids of illegals?"

Thank you.

sybarite
04-29-2010, 11:53 AM

You are right, I stand corrected............you're a very hostile person....aren't you?

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 11:55 AM
You call me hostile because I like the Constitution?

BTW, its not ordinarily a crime to reside in the United States without documentation. Its a misdemeanor offense for a non-citizen to enter the United States without consent, and it is a felony offense for those who have previously been deported to enter OR to reside - but for someone who has never been deported, the act of being here without documentation itself is not a crime.

This is why I think the Arizona law will get tossed out. The crime they are attempting to enforce is one that occurs on the border, at the time of entry - it is thus within federal jurisdiction.

Little-Acorn
04-29-2010, 12:06 PM

Back to the subject:
Should the U.S. Government take over responsibility for the children of parents who broke the law? Or should they leave it with the parents?

By what authority would they take away that responsibility?

sybarite
04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
No, I called you hostile because because you made a profane insulting comment. You can get your point across much easier without the insults and the profanity.

Little-Acorn
04-29-2010, 12:12 PM

Please?

sybarite
04-29-2010, 12:19 PM

Please?

Sorry, I've only been a member for a couple days and have to learn who the trolls are!!;)

HogTrash
04-29-2010, 12:23 PM
IMO, the law grantiing US citizenship to children born to illegals aliens has been misinterpreted and should be corrected retroactively.

This would ensure the children would be required to return to their parents native land along with them...They are not our responsibility.

As Americans, we should not be made accountable for the crimes of their parents...We have an abundance of crime and problems already.

Little-Acorn
04-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Sorry, I've only been a member for a couple days and have to learn who the trolls are!!;)

No problemo, bro. :thumb:

Insults, profanity, and subject-changing are usually pretty good clues. People like that are desperate for attention, and will post anything in hopes of getting a reaction.

Ignore him and he'll go away.

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 12:27 PM
IMO, the law grantiing US citizenship to children born to illegals aliens has been misinterpreted and should be corrected retroactively.

Misinterpreted?

You can't seriously be this stupid?

Its in the 14th amendment you IGNORANT jackass

Little-Acorn
04-29-2010, 12:28 PM

This would ensure the children would be required to return to their parents native land along with them...They are not our responsibility.

As Americans, we should not be made accountable for the crimes of their parents...We have an abundance of crime and problems already.

The 14th amendment was written for the purpose of ensuring that former slaves and their children born here, would get U.S. citizenship, contrary to the wishes of former slaveowners and other bigots who had ruined their lives and now wanted to throw them out. It was a very good law to have.

But now that there are no longer any former slaves living, the 14th should be modified so that people who enter the U.S. illegally and have children, do not get citizenship for those children. Their situation is completely different from what the 14th was designed to accomplish.

Retroactive laws (aka "ex post facto") are illegal, though.

jimnyc
04-29-2010, 12:41 PM

Thank you.

Please stop with the use of over sized fonts like this. It's annoying and you can just as easily ask your questions or get your point across with normal fonts.

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Does anyone in this thread actually know who Little Acorn is referring to?

Who made this statement-

"what should "WE" (!) do with US-born kids of illegals???"

????

HogTrash
04-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Misinterpreted?

You can't seriously be this stupid?

Its in the 14th amendment you IGNORANT jackass
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.This is a matter of common sense...I do not believe the drafters of the 14th amendment intended it to someday apply to the children of illegal aliens criminals who defied our laws and borders to enter this nation.

Why would honorable men of law adopt an amendment that in anyway gives consideration to criminals that have flagrantly defied our laws and borders...We are a nation of laws and immigrants, not criminals.

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 01:23 PM
This is a matter of common sense...I do not believe the drafters of the 14th amendment intended it to someday apply to the children of illegal aliens criminals who defied our laws and borders to enter this nation.

Do you have any evidence that they did not wish this to apply to the children of those who have entered illegally (their writings for instance, or notes from the drafting committee) or is this just belief you have based on no actual evidence?

I take it you're not a strict constructionist?

Clearly they intended it to apply to all persons born in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, that's what they wrote. Are you telling me they didn't mean what they wrote?

Why would honorable men of law adopt an amendment that in anyway gives consideration to criminals that have flagrantly defied our laws and borders...We are a nation of laws and immigrants, not criminals.

You are mistaken. The children of those who entered illegally have committed no crime in merely being born. It is not a crime to be born of parents who entered illegally.

SassyLady
04-29-2010, 01:39 PM

Ever heard of PM's Acorn?

Don't be dense .... when I said she was talking to me ..... and anyone else in here who feels the same way she does. What is wrong with you Spider ... this is a message board .... rants are what we do here.....and the last I heard, no one has to address a specific poster when doing this. The post "spoke" to me .... not that it was ONLY meant for me.

SassyLady
04-29-2010, 01:41 PM

Thank you.

A person in the audience talking with Congressman Duncan Hunter asked. Why is it so important that you know exactly who asked it .... many people are asking it....it's all over the news and has been for years.

SassyLady
04-29-2010, 01:43 PM
and you are shouting at people because you can't understand them??!!

Little-Acorn
04-29-2010, 01:46 PM
People taking time to explain things to a board troll, as though he were interested in learning the truth...

That's funny. :lol:

SassyLady
04-29-2010, 01:49 PM
No, I called you hostile because because you made a profane insulting comment. You can get your point across much easier without the insults and the profanity.

:clap::clap::clap:

HogTrash
04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Do you have any evidence that they did not wish this to apply to the children of those who have entered illegally (their writings for instance, or notes from the drafting committee) or is this just belief you have based on no actual evidence?

Clearly they intended it to apply to all persons born in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, that's what they wrote. Are you telling me they didn't mean what they wrote?

You are mistaken. The children of those who entered illegally have committed no crime in merely being born. It is not a crime to be born of parents who entered illegally.This problem did not exist at the time the 14th amendment was adopted.

I am 100% sure it didn't mean what you think and I don't think you believe that either.

It was a slavery issue and had absolutely nothing to do with the children of criminal illegal aliens.

Little-Acorn
04-29-2010, 02:09 PM
I am 100% sure it didn't mean what you think and I don't think you believe that either.

(sigh)

HT, ignore him and he'll go away.

PLEASE.

Back to the subject:
At what point does the U.S. govt have the power to take over responsibility for people's children?

If the parents break a law, does that give the govt sufficient reason to decide where the kids go, against the parents' wishes?

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 02:25 PM
People taking time to explain things to a board troll, as though he were interested in learning the truth...

That's funny. :lol:

I am interested. That's why I keep asking, over and over again, you snotty bitch. Now are you going to tell me who said

"What should "WE" do with US-born kids of illegals???"

or are you going to continue to be a bitch?

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 02:25 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Perhaps you can tell me who said

"What do you mean, what should "WE" (!) do with US-born kids of illegals???"

???

Why doesn't anyone want to tell me the answer to this? Is this some sort of joke?

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 02:31 PM
This problem did not exist at the time the 14th amendment was adopted.

Are you suggesting that the writers of the 14th amendment did not even conceive of the possibility that one might enter the country without permission and have birth to a child? I find that hard to believe! Either way, its irrelevant, as it doesn't change what the law says.

OK, then please direct me to the evidence which makes you this sure. Certainly with such certainty, you should have ample evidence to support your certainty - like evidence about what was discussed at the time of its writing by its writers, court cases (supreme court or otherwise), and the opinion of legal experts. I'm sure you didn't just decide this opinion based on no evidence at all, so by all means, share.

It was a slavery issue and had absolutely nothing to do with the children of criminal illegal aliens.

I'm aware of no jurisprudence which dictates that the scope of a law depends on the original motivation for its writing more than it does on what the law actually says, can you please direct me to something that would tell me otherwise?

Because the law quite clearly states:

If the writers had intended there to be any exceptions, if they intended this law to deal only with slaves and their children - why on Earth did they put the word "ALL" in there?

Gaffer
04-29-2010, 02:34 PM

???

Why doesn't anyone want to tell me the answer to this? Is this some sort of joke?

Yep, it's a joke and its on you. It was said by Robert Ficklemore in Bobank NJ at 10:48 am on Sept 18 2006. He said it to his inlaws over brunch. The question was promptly picked up and spread around the country by the local news media as they monitor everything he says.

So there's your answer now go back to your corner and be quiet.

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Yep, it's a joke and its on you. It was said by Robert Ficklemore in Bobank NJ at 10:48 am on Sept 18 2006. He said it to his inlaws over brunch. The question was promptly picked up and spread around the country by the local news media as they monitor everything he says.

So there's your answer now go back to your corner and be quiet.

One more question. Why do we care what Robert Ficklemore says? Is it seriously worth starting a whole thread over?

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm beginning to think that Little Acorn actually started this thread to bitch about something that no one actually said.

SassyLady
04-29-2010, 06:09 PM

???

I did tell you .... see post #31. Just in case you can't find it ... here's what I said.

A person in the audience talking with Congressman Duncan Hunter asked. Why is it so important that you know exactly who asked it .... many people are asking it....it's all over the news and has been for years.

SassyLady
04-29-2010, 06:12 PM
One more question. Why do we care what Robert Ficklemore says? Is it seriously worth starting a whole thread.

:poke: :slap:

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 06:14 PM
I did tell you .... see post #31. Just in case you can't find it ... here's what I said.

My bad, thanks.

A person in the audience talking with Congressman Duncan Hunter asked.

Who the fuck cares what some anonymous person says? Isn't that just bitching for the sake of bitching?

SassyLady
04-29-2010, 06:16 PM
My bad, thanks.

Who the fuck cares what some anonymous person says? Isn't that just bitching for the sake of bitching?

Well, as of now, no one cares what you say Mr. Anonymous! I've never used the ignore button before, but there's always a first time and congrats...you've been selected!

:coffee:

Missileman
04-29-2010, 06:22 PM
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof , are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Explain the purpose of the underlined qualifier if any person born in the U.S. is a citizen. An argument could be made that a baby born to foreign parents is NOT subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. and therefore not a citizen just because they were born here.

Gaffer
04-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Well, as of now, no one cares what you say Mr. Anonymous! I've never used the ignore button before, but there's always a first time and congrats...you've been selected!

:coffee:

I'm joining you with the ignore. He's not worth talking too. And he didn't get my post at all. Stupidtuba will now join my other stupid people on ignore. If we all do it he has no one to talk too.

HogTrash
04-29-2010, 09:03 PM

Clearly they intended it to apply to all persons born in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, that's what they wrote. Are you telling me they didn't mean what they wrote?Typical liberal self-rightious rant...No response necessary.

You are mistaken. The children of those who entered illegally have committed no crime in merely being born. It is not a crime to be born of parents who entered illegally.True, but they are not my responsibility.

I do not owe these criminals the luxury of feeding, clothing, housing, doctoring, educating and supporting their uninvited children.

Americans have their own responsibilities to deal with.

hortysir
04-29-2010, 09:04 PM

I think it's time to get rid of the anchor baby law. If your parents are illegal, so are you. As far as the anchor children that are here now, the parents should take them with them, or give them to someone who will care for them. As much as I disagree, they are still legal citizens so they have the right to remain here if the parent can find proper care for them.
Miss this part before you blew chunks???

SpidermanTUba
04-30-2010, 01:31 AM
Explain the purpose of the underlined qualifier if any person born in the U.S. is a citizen. An argument could be made that a baby born to foreign parents is NOT subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. and therefore not a citizen just because they were born here.
[QUOTE]

You could make such an argument, but since that's not how the law is actually applied in reality, I fail to see how you making that argument would matter. You are neither an attorney or a court justice, so how is your opinion relevant?

The underlined qualifier excludes the children of foreign diplomats - foreign diplomats are not subject to our jurisdiction, we may only deport them, they have immunity from all else. It doesn't exclude the children of those who enter illegally.

SpidermanTUba
04-30-2010, 01:35 AM
True, but they are not my responsibility.

Americans have their own responsibilities to deal with.

The children of illegals born in this nation ARE Americans. And yes, your state is responsible for the care of orphaned U.S. citizens - and you indirectly through taxes. Sorry reality isn't as you wished it would be.

SpidermanTUba
04-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Miss this part before you blew chunks???

They have the right to remain here even if their parents do not provide for them from afar. They are U.S. citizens and as minors, they are entitled to the same foster care services as would be provided the U.S. citizen minor child of any legal resident.

PostmodernProphet
04-30-2010, 07:11 AM
The children of illegals born in this nation ARE Americans. And yes, your state is responsible for the care of orphaned U.S. citizens - and you indirectly through taxes. Sorry reality isn't as you wished it would be.

????....they aren't orphans......

Missileman
04-30-2010, 07:13 AM
You could make such an argument, but since that's not how the law is actually applied in reality, I fail to see how you making that argument would matter. You are neither an attorney or a court justice, so how is your opinion relevant?

It's as relevant as your opinion that the law is being applied correctly.

PostmodernProphet
04-30-2010, 07:18 AM
They have the right to remain here even if their parents do not provide for them from afar. They are U.S. citizens and as minors, they are entitled to the same foster care services as would be provided the U.S. citizen minor child of any legal resident.

you mean their parents are abandoning them?......should parental rights be terminated and the kids put up for adoption, then?......

SpidermanTUba
04-30-2010, 09:41 AM
you mean their parents are abandoning them?......should parental rights be terminated and the kids put up for adoption, then?......

You mean should the parents be disallowed from having parental rights because we deport them and their child stays here? No. The United States has split too many families up already over its history already.

hortysir
04-30-2010, 04:01 PM
I say deport 'em all. Kids too.
The parents knew that having an anchor baby could help cement their stay here.
Send mom, dad, and kid(s) back.If the kid IS a naturalized US citizen, then legal entry into the country, for all, would be a breeze as they'd be able to get through the red tape faster and easier.
:thumb:

Little-Acorn
04-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Kids too.

By what authority?

There is no U.S. law that I know of, providing for the deportation of American citizens... which is what those kids are.

I say it is up to the parents, where their kids go.

The parents knowingly broke U.S. law by coming here illegally. Then they brought kids into the world, knowing they (the parents) might be deported any time.

What did/do the parents plan to do with their kids, when they get deported?

PostmodernProphet
04-30-2010, 06:06 PM
You mean should the parents be disallowed from having parental rights because we deport them and their child stays here? No. The United States has split too many families up already over its history already.
??????.....uh, yes.....the parents should be disallowed from having parental rights if they leave their children behind.....in order to exercise parental rights you sort of have to act like a parent....

hortysir
04-30-2010, 08:48 PM
By what authority?

There is no U.S. law that I know of, providing for the deportation of American citizens... which is what those kids are.

I say it is up to the parents, where their kids go.

The parents knowingly broke U.S. law by coming here illegally. Then they brought kids into the world, knowing they (the parents) might be deported any time.

What did/do the parents plan to do with their kids, when they get deported?
Then, maybe, with the parents having a citizen-child in the States their LEGAL immigration may be easier.

cat slave
04-30-2010, 09:16 PM

How about they go home with their parental units with the option to
return at age 18 as citizens? No extended families, no nothing but
opportunities.

Things should be settled by then...or not and if that is the case, there is
no more America.

Little-Acorn
05-01-2010, 12:15 AM
How about they go home with their parental units with the option to
return at age 18 as citizens?

Sure, if that's what the parents decide.

It's up to the parents, not the U.S. Government, what happens to the kids who are U.S. citizens. How could it be otherwise?

cat slave
05-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Well, so many of the kids born here came in utero via an illegal alien and it is
wrong for us, the tax paying, law abiding citizens of this country to have to
support the whole **** family.

Stop the birthright citizenship. It was never meant to be used like this, ever.

Run over the border to the nearest hospital and pop out a kid, to me, is hardly
something to be rewarded.

PostmodernProphet
05-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Sure, if that's what the parents decide.

It's up to the parents, not the U.S. Government, what happens to the kids who are U.S. citizens. How could it be otherwise?

if citizens abandon their children the state takes them away and terminates parental rights.....why should it be different if they are illegal aliens?.....

Little-Acorn
05-01-2010, 02:48 PM
if citizens abandon their children the state takes them away and terminates parental rights.....why should it be different if they are illegal aliens?.....

No argument. But it's the PARENTS' choice to abandon, or to take them with them, or to leave them with Auntie Esmerelda in Tucson who is a legal resident. It's not the Fed's role to make that decision.

Of course, if the parents decide to do something highly abusive... such as abandoning their kids on a street corner... THEN, as you say, the STATE or CITY government takes a role, according to their laws.

PostmodernProphet
05-01-2010, 04:04 PM
No argument. But it's the PARENTS' choice to abandon, or to take them with them, or to leave them with Auntie Esmerelda in Tucson who is a legal resident. It's not the Fed's role to make that decision.

I don't think that's the issue....if Auntie Esmerelda is taking care of them the government doesn't need to.....I thought the issue of the thread was was responsibility the government had toward the kids....

actsnoblemartin
05-08-2010, 12:58 AM
send them home too :beer: