PDA

View Full Version : *Downward Slide of Tiger Woods*

chesswarsnow
04-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Tiger is slipping down.
2. Took some bad media, not taking bad shots.
3. Seems all this new attention is over too much to handle.
4. He may want to go back to the chaulk board, and learn how to play again?
5. Link and sample:http://www.pgatour.com/2010/tournaments/r480/04/29/tiger-wacker/

"CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- What if this is what the "new" Tiger Woods looks like? Two-way misses, rounds of 74 with the occasional Sunday charge and his game as dysfunctional as the previous six months.

QUAIL HOLLOW
Leaderboard: Round 1
The Live Report
Video: Tiger update
Shot Tracker: Tiger
We're five rounds into Woods' comeback, so the above question is of course ridiculous right now. At what point is it going to become relevant, though, especially if Woods doesn't start winning soon because anything less is simply unacceptable in his eyes or ours.

If Tiger's pro-am at the Quail Hollow Championship was "scratchy," as he called it, what was his opening-round 74?

"Worse," said Woods, who hit two balls in the water and made as many bogeys (4) as birdies (4) on Thursday. "It wasn't the driver, it was everything. I had a two-way miss going all day."

Even Woods' decision-making was off. On the ninth hole, his last of the day, he admittedly pulled the wrong club, tried to take something off his ball, hit it over the green, barely got a flop shot to the surface and two-putted for bogey.

Rust or reason?

"I had a lot of issues out there trying to figure out where my balls were going to go," Woods said. "I hit a bunch of balls left, I hit a bunch of balls right, hit a few down the middle.

"I'm trying. But when you're fighting a miss like this and trying to piece together a round to keep myself in the tournament is pretty tough."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas