PDA

View Full Version : Boehner: How does gaining 100 seats in November sound?

red states rule
04-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Damn, even I would not think Republicans picking up 100 seats in the House would be possible.

But if Dems continue to fuel the anger out there in America, and continue to ignore what voters are telling them - it could happen

The House minority leader, speaking on National Public Radio’s “Morning Edition” on Friday, said that the “playing field” for the 2010 elections is wider than “anything we’ve seen around here during my 20 years.”

“At least 100 seats,” Boehner told NPR’s Steve Inskeep, when asked how many House districts are up for grabs. “You think there are 100 seats in the United States that could change hands?” Inskeep asked.

“I do,” Boehner responded.

“Well typically, you are correct there would be some limited number of seats in play,” Boehner said. “Let me remind you that Scott Brown won the Ted Kennedy Senate seat in Massachusetts. If Scott Brown can win in Massachusetts, there isn’t a seat in America that Republicans can’t win.”

He’s not the first person to float this possibility. Sean Trende of RCP made the case a few weeks ago that Democrats are sailing into an absolutely perfect political storm this year. Not since 1938, when 79 seats flipped, have the stars aligned this ideally; a triple-digit pick-up is on the radar screen, albeit at the far edge. My only question: Why on earth is Boehner, of all people, raising this idea? If a GOP tsunami hits and, say, 55 seats switch hands, we all know that the second story on the front page the next day will now be “GOP’S TAKE LOWER THAN EXPECTED.” Good work, John.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/04/30/boehner-how-does-gaining-100-seats-in-november-sound/

cat slave
04-30-2010, 09:52 PM
I think Boehner would make a good pres candidate with Palin as his vice.

HogTrash
05-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Damn, even I would not think Republicans picking up 100 seats in the House would be possible.

But if Dems continue to fuel the anger out there in America, and continue to ignore what voters are telling them - it could happenThe big question is, how much damage can the democrats do between now and January?...Their #1 goal is amnesty for their biggest future voting block.

05-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Im skeptical. Anything can happen between now and then.

PostmodernProphet
05-03-2010, 07:27 AM

no....he isn't aggressive enough.....there have been so many times he could have stepped forward and LED the Republicans and communicated direction to the general public, yet he didn't......besides, he was part of the failure of Republicans to act conservatively during the Bush administration.....

glockmail
05-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Why not the other way around?

gabosaurus
05-03-2010, 09:32 AM
I would love to see Palin gain the GOP nomination. It would be the most entertaining presidential campaign in American history.
I wonder how much Palin would spend for fancy underwear during a full Presidential campaign? After she fails, she can write a a sequel to her book -- "Going Vogue."

HogTrash
05-03-2010, 10:51 AM
I would love to see Palin gain the GOP nomination. It would be the most entertaining presidential campaign in American history.
I wonder how much Palin would spend for fancy underwear during a full Presidential campaign? After she fails, she can write a a sequel to her book -- "Going Vogue."Is this one of the priorities that liberals and other democrats base their political preferences on?

It sounds as if you were and are 100% confident in the news reports from the main stream media regarding Palin and Obama?

Folks, here is a prime example of how ignorant and unintelligent voters will bring about the last days of America when they become 51% of the electorate.