PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Pushing for Mandatory Paid Sick Leave

red states rule
05-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Just the thing to help keep unemployment in the double digit range. Do libs think this will do any good to help the slumping economy?

WASHINGTON — Fresh off passage of a sweeping health care overhaul, the Obama administration is supporting legislation to provide mandatory paid sick leave for more than 30 million additional workers who are some of nation's lowest-paid employees.

The Healthy Families Act, sponsored by Sen. Christopher Dodd, and Rep. Rosa DeLauro, both Democrats from Connecticut, would require companies that have 15 or more employees to provide one hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked or up to seven sick days a year for a full-time worker.

Both bills — HR 2460/S1152 — are stuck in committee and haven't yet faced a vote. In fact, most legislative action has come at the state and municipal level. In recent years, California, Ohio, Maine and New Jersey have considered bills requiring paid sick leave. San Francisco and Washington, D.C., have passed laws that require it for private-sector employees. New York City is debating a similar measure.

Top Obama administration officials voiced their support for the federal proposal this week in separate appearances with women's and family rights advocates who've gathered in Washington to lobby for the bills.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/04/27/92996/paid-sick-leave-pushed-for-low.html#ixzz0mh4l1R13

cat slave
05-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh but you know how compassionate the libruls are. They want the best for
people....NOT!!!!!

Its just another way to secure votes and whittle down our capitalist system.

Nothing like being pecked to death by a chicken for our foundation of small
business to finally fall.

But, we will have our gray communal jackets, food allotments, assigned labor
and rationed care. That will take care of any needs of the elderly or retired...
there wont be any.

More and more incentive for people not to work and depend on the Obamanation!

red states rule
05-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Oh but you know how compassionate the libruls are. They want the best for
people....NOT!!!!!

Its just another way to secure votes and whittle down our capitalist system.

Nothing like being pecked to death by a chicken for our foundation of small
business to finally fall.

But, we will have our gray communal jackets, food allotments, assigned labor
and rationed care. That will take care of any needs of the elderly or retired...
there wont be any.

More and more incentive for people not to work and depend on the Obamanation!

Yes, liberals are very compassionate - with other people's money

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/4-29-10octobamaRGB20100429081604.jpg

Trigg
05-01-2010, 08:26 PM
someone explain to me how this is different from paid time off??????

I really don't see the difference, most large companies provide this anyway.

cat slave
05-01-2010, 11:41 PM
It should be the companys decision though.

Can you imagine the abuse this legislation could bring?

red states rule
05-02-2010, 05:30 AM
It should be the companys decision though.

Can you imagine the abuse this legislation could bring?

Some EU idot about a week ago called for government paid vacations - maybe this is the Dems version of the same idea

If this passes, I can see alot of "sick" employees getting treated while at the beach

cat slave
05-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Ditto!!

hortysir
05-02-2010, 08:06 PM
So I'll have to make sure my employees have health coverage, THEN I have to pay them to go to the doctor?
How much are you willing to pay for your dinner?