PDA

View Full Version : Bomb attempt in times square

CynicismandMisanthropy
05-02-2010, 01:42 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0214833720100502

An apparent failed car bomb that was smoking and emitted a "flash" in a sport utility vehicle sparked an evacuation of New York's Times Square on Saturday night as authorities worked to dismantle the device during Broadway's peak period.

"This appears to be a car bomb that the bomb squad is in the process of dismantling," New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said. "We do not know the motive."

Browne said an mounted policeman spotted a box smoking in the back of the Nissan Pathfinder sport utility vehicle shortly before 7 p.m. (2300 GMT) and that Times Square, the popular tourist destination in Manhattan's Midtown, was evacuated soon after.

Police and fire department sources, who asked not to be named, said the device was being treated as a "failed device" and included explosives, burned wires, three tanks of propane and two canisters of gasoline. Police would not say whether the incident was being treated as an act of terrorism.

It's that time again, get your speculation caps on and we'll spend the next few weeks discussing this latest incident. Post any news you can find, and of course any opinions you've got.

Gaffer
05-02-2010, 07:45 AM
My opinion, done by muslims. It will be played down and muslims and terrorist are words that won't be used. Another oh well nothing happened moment. It will be buried in two days.

cat slave
05-02-2010, 10:13 AM
My opinion, done by muslims. It will be played down and muslims and terrorist are words that won't be used. Another oh well nothing happened moment. It will be buried in two days.

Yep!!!! Or they will try to hang it on homegrown terrorism....or, OMG, are they
going to try to hang it on Tea Partiers????? Wouldnt doubt it.

namvet
05-02-2010, 10:17 AM
he probably came up thru AZ. but then terrorists have rights here. the shoe bomber did say more are on the way. im also hearing Osama refused to let this interrupt his dinner.

krisy
05-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Fox news reported a while ago that the Taliban was taking credit,but they said to take that with a grain of salt.

Also earlier on CNN Rep King (from New York,I believe) was hinting that this could have something to do with the South Park cartoon cause the bomb was near Viacom which they said is the home of Comdy Central. I heard that after the fact from a CNN reporter who said he was speculating.

CynicismandMisanthropy
05-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm betting on home-grown, personally. If it'd been the other kind, the person would've stayed with the bomb. Also having a car blow up is pretty easy. To screw up having a car explode is pretty bad. Which leads me to believe that it was done by a complete idiot.

Mr. P
05-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm betting on home-grown, personally. If it'd been the other kind, the person would've stayed with the bomb. Also having a car blow up is pretty easy. To screw up having a car explode is pretty bad. Which leads me to believe that it was done by a complete idiot.

Yeah, they do grow a lot of NUTS in NYC.

chesswarsnow
05-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. It was the muslims, SAY IT!!!!!!!
2. Lets find them dogs and drag em from the bumper of a pick-up truck!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

gabosaurus
05-03-2010, 09:18 AM
If the perpetrator is the person caught in the home video at the scene, it is not a Muslim or an illegal. It is a "home grown."
Unfortunately for cheesey and some of the other here, who obviously would love to see a Muslim blow up a bomb killing hundreds on American soil.

Nukeman
05-03-2010, 09:38 AM
If the perpetrator is the person caught in the home video at the scene, it is not a Muslim or an illegal. It is a "home grown."
Unfortunately for cheesey and some of the other here, who obviously would love to see a Muslim blow up a bomb killing hundreds on American soil.

You can tell somone's religious beliefs by a grainy video pic???? You must be some kind of super preson to be able to do that!!!

Give me a break Gabs, you have NO idea who set this up just like everyone else your just SPECULATING!!!!!!!! I also believe your secretly hoping it is a domestic terrorist just so you can say look at the looney right!!!!?!?!?!?

gabosaurus
05-03-2010, 09:40 AM
:rolleyes:

jimnyc
05-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Serious question, Gab - how can you tell if someone is a Muslim or not simply from a photo?

gabosaurus
05-03-2010, 09:47 AM
By looking at it, silly boy.

Mr. P
05-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Serious question, Gab - how can you tell if someone is a Muslim or not simply from a photo?

Yer not profiling, are you?:poke:

jimnyc
05-03-2010, 09:51 AM

Can you tell if someone is a catholic the same way? Buddhist? Protestant?

I have an Algerian friend who is Muslim and he's whiter looking than I am. Are you implying that someone need be a certain "look" or "color" to be Muslim?

Monkeybone
05-03-2010, 10:35 AM
it wasn't a Muslim... it was a radical right trying to get all them queer boys on Broadway.

Mr. P
05-03-2010, 12:50 PM
it wasn't a Muslim... it was a radical right trying to get all them queer boys on Broadway.

Well, one of our most gay obsessed members WAS absent most of last week.

Monkeybone
05-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Well, one of our most gay obsessed members WAS absent most of last week.

Nukeman?

Monkeybone
05-03-2010, 01:17 PM
To throw in a serious comment instead of a trollish one, I think that this was probably homegrown. And I think that it will just continue, I would hate to say become the norm, but you never know.

Mr. P
05-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Nukeman?
No, YOU know he's gay.

To throw in a serious comment instead of a trollish one, I think that this was probably homegrown. And I think that it will just continue, I would hate to say become the norm, but you never know.

Infortunatly...

You know the saying: Where there's will there's a way.

namvet
05-03-2010, 01:27 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

krisy
05-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Fox news is reporting that the person of interest is a naturalized U.S. citizen that spent a while in Pakistan. They now believe it has foreign ties and more than one person is responsible.

Nukeman
05-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Nukeman?

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jerk,,,,,,,,, Lets fight................... Nukey wuz hear!!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
05-04-2010, 04:42 AM
Does this mean the KSM trial will not be held in NY City?

Monkeybone
05-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Did they get him? Or a scapegoat? And here i could have sworn that CNN was saying it was a white guy in the video....

A Pakistan-born U.S. citizen accused of driving a bomb-laden SUV into Times Square and parking it on a street lined with restaurants and Broadway theaters was to appear in court Tuesday to face charges that he tried to set off a massive fireball and kill Americans, federal authorities said.

The suspect, Faisal Shahzad, was taken into custody late Monday by FBI agents and New York Police Department detectives at Kennedy Airport while trying to board a flight to Dubai, according to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and other officials. He was identified by customs agents and stopped before boarding, Holder said early Tuesday in Washington.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/04/pakistani-american-arrested-times-square-plot/

Monkeybone
05-04-2010, 06:19 AM
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jerk,,,,,,,,, Lets fight................... Nukey wuz hear!!!!!!!!!!!
i said it with bro-love

chesswarsnow
05-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. This is about fags in NYC?
2. Yeah just blow us all up, it was a good looking muslim dude, we're cool!
3. Another reason why America's going down the shit hole folks.
4. No one really cares about if some get murdered or just whatever.
5. Then when it happens they say, "I'm Shocked!!!" no not really, they just say they are.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
05-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Anyone think Holder and Obama will back off closing GITMO now?

Mr. P
05-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Anyone think Holder and Obama will back off closing GITMO now?

I think the silence on the subject says they already have. They just hope no one will notice.

red states rule
05-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I think the silence on the subject says they already have. They just hope no one will notice.

If they close them I look forward to the reaction of the residents of the town/city they will house the terrorists.

Like illegals, libs seem more interested in their "rights" then the legitimate rights of US citizens

Insein
05-05-2010, 09:14 AM

Oh so sorry. Muslim was the answer we were looking for.